- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

And although this is the third chapter with nothing about the Mouse Man, it does answer the question Carycomic posed in his last review about where the plot is going with future Batmen, Big Barda, etc.

Mr Miracle had billed himself as a super escape artist, and made a fortune for himself, Barda and the original earth born Mr Miracle’s former assistant Oberon, a middle aged midget with loyalty and honesty. The time eventually came, when a villain from Apokolips named Kanto had impersonated an earth man, and sabotaged one of Scott’s public escapes, so that it took the life of Mr Miracle. Barda and Oberon had shared their grief, and grief had turned to love. Oberon had confided in Scott’s old Justice League friends, that he felt inadequate for the ever youthful Barda at his advancing age. It was Batman who had gone to both Barda and Oberon, and explained both the potential and the mind warping side effects of the Lazarus pits. Together, Barda, Batman and Oberon had gone to a pit that Ras had abandoned after a fight with Batman went bad. Oberon had immersed himself in the pit, and Barda had used her Mother Box device to perfect the Lazarus chemicals’ effect on Oberon. He de-aged stably, without any mental incoherence, and lived out his years again, not alone this time, but married to Barda.

 

Recently he had aged again and decided that he could not see the value in reliving several happy decades. He asked Barda to let him die gracefully, and wished her the best for any relationship she sought after he’d gone.

 

Now Barda used Mother Box again, to restore Bruce’s youth, until he was around the age of Mary McGinnis, and to ensure that there would be none of the mental corruption which had exacerbated the evil tendencies of Ras Al Gul’s already decadent mind.

 

Bruce and Mary found Terry accepting of the situation, because it got both of them off his back and gave a boy in his teens the first real chance to be his own Batman. Barda offered to take over Bruce’s role of maintaining the Batsuit. With her knowledge of advanced scientific technology, she would have no trouble, and could even make a few improvements. She had never really liked the JLU. Superman was getting on, even for a Kryptonian. Warhawk was temperamental and arrogant. Micron never took her fancy. Green Lantern was a bald child, and Aquagirl was a woman. No dating possibilities there, but Terry McGinnis. That was another story.

 

She began going out on patrol with him. His toughest opponents were tamed by Barda’s nega rod, and soon ever Spicer, Kobra operative and rogues gallery criminal in Gotham were learning that crime no longer stood a chance with both Batman and Big Barda stationed in Gotham. Their services were needed less frequently, and the Terry McGinnis of this timeline had never met Max. Dana had given all her attentions to another boy (who in this timeline had never had the rat like facial features that had socially isolated him).

 

So it was natural that Terry McGinnis would have a rapid infatuation with a much taller, much older, (although visually only 15 years older) stunningly beautiful, super strong, technologically advanced woman who had made his job so much easier.

 

One day she simply pulled his mask off in the Batcave, planted a powerful kiss on him and sealed their love forever with a promise to spend all his life with him. There was always the choice to be made later by Terry, in his twilight years, as to whether he use the Lazarus Pit and Mother Box combination, or whether he echoed the choice made by Oberon. For now, he was on cloud 9.