- Text Size +

He was standing in the coffee table along with some typical objects like an ashtray with two cigarette butts, Two magazines, the remote control of the TV and some papers.
Fanny was sitting on an armchair in front of him, with her legs crossed, her hands resting on the sides and a slight smile on her face, watching him and wondering what his next move was going to be.

Inside he just wanted to cry, ask for help and tell everybody how weird all this was to him and how scared he was, but he wasn't ready to show his weakness in front of Fanny so he kept trying to just ignore her as he would have done in a normal situation.

It was very awkward for him to be standing on the coffee table with Fanny looking at him and, once again, not knowing what to do.
He started to walk around the table, to it's edges and watching the ground from above, wondering whether or not he would get hurt if he jumped from the table top to the ground.

Fanny was having fun watching this. "Are you going to jump? i think you wouldn't even get hurt falling from that height, you are too light. Anyway, What are you going to do? Going to your room? I would like to see how much time it takes to get there.
And when you do, what are you going to do? everything is just to big for you. There is nothing you can do but staying on the ground and hiding under the furniture. I suggest you just tell me how i can Help you"

With his most fearsome tone of voice which, by the way, wasn't too frightening, he started to shout while pointing at her with his index finger "Listen to me Fanny. I might be experiencing some changes but i am still the man of the house. I don't need your help. So now you are going to just go to the kitchen to do your stuff and leave me alone"

"Really" Giggled Fanny with a little amazement "The man of the house...  ...do my stuff" I am going to the kitchen but you are coming with me" And she started to gently move her hand towards him"

"What are you...?, Don't touch me, I don't want you to touch me"  kept shouting Samuel as he started to punch and hit her fingers as he could when they reached him.

"Heeyyyy, easy man, you are hitting a woman, that's not very nice" said she while still gently but firmly closing her hand around him restraining the movement of his arms to nothing.

He kept struggling for a little while but there was no point, he couldn't move anything but his head and his feet. She had stood up and was moving towards the kitchen, once there she took a pot from the cupboard and poured some water into it. Then she placed it on the counter top and put her hand with Samuel in it inside, loosed her fingers and let him fall into the water, it wasn't much water, It only reached his knees. She put the lid on the pot with Samuel inside. Suddenly all became dark and a moment later he heard the sound of a kitchen lighter and the flame of the stove turning on, then he felt the pot being lifted and moved and put down again. He got very scared by now. He started to shout "Get me out of here! what are you doing! pleeease, Fanny, I promise I'll be nice" But he also heard the foot steps of Fanny walking away.
He kept shouting for a while until he realized that nothing was happening. The water remained cold. he started to calm down and some minutes passed. Then he heard back the steps of Fanny coming into the kitchen. He felt the pot being moved again, A bit of light entered on the pan, the lid has being shifted and the whole pot started to be slowly turned upside down so the water starts to fall out, but not him. When all the water was out Fanny fully covered the put with the lid again and took it to the coffee table, she opened it and let Samuel out on the surface of the table. She sat back in the armchair and spoke to him "If I was you I wouldn't tell a woman to do kitchen stuff, it is a very dangerous place for you, little Sam, don't you think?"

Once again, she left the little man on the table do his will while she quietly watched him.
He started to move around the table, looking over the edges and thinking about jumping. But he had a hard time making up his mind. He didn't even look at her. Then Fanny's phone rang and she picked it up.
"Hi Sophie, how are you?... ...Yeaaah! he's fine, I'm taking care of him...  ...yes i'm... Oh wait...
... Oh my god, look at him, he is making his first escaping attempt! he's so cute"
Samuel had jumped off the coffee table and was walking towards his room but as soon as he Heard her first footstep on his back he confirmed that he wasn't gonna get too far and started to feel a growing fear. Then he saw her giant foot landing in front of him. She had stepped over him and was now standing in his way. She didn't need to do anything more to stop him. Standing in front of him was enough to get him almost paralyzed. She continued to talk "Sophie, my dear, you told me to not leave him within Rosie's reach. But you are a bit irresponsible too, You have left him in my charge...
...if you consider Rosie is dangerous to him, well, I am even more... ...yeah" She giggled "my feet are like twice his size!" And while saying this she took a step forward and sat one of her feet right beside him.
"Yes of course sweetie, Ok bye...  ...see you later" She put away her phone.

Having Samuel in front of her on the ground she got down onto her knees and talked to him "Where were you going, little man?"
"to my room" answered him, not very confident. 
"Oh, no no no" Said she "I told Sophie I was going to take care of you. Wouldn't you like to feel once again the warmth and safety of my hand?"  and dragged her index finger by his chest to what he responded taking it off with both hands and shouting "get off!"
This time Fanny just quickly grabbed him with two fingers, with her thumb on his chest and her index on his back and started to get him off the ground, he felt some pressure on his chest but he was to busy kicking the air and hitting her thumb with his fists. She fully stood up and took him to eye level. "Would you really like me to let you go now? You are quite far from the ground. It seems like you are having a hard time accepting your new condition"

She walked with Samuel hanging from her fingers towards the dinning table and took from the center of it, with the other hand, an empty vase between three and four times his height, she tilted it a bit and put Samuel inside it, he immediately slid to the bottom of the vase. Fanny sat it back on the center of the table and said "wait for me here, I'll be right back" like he had any other choice.

After a few minutes of him uselessly trying to knock down the vase by hitting his body against its inner walls and realizing that it wasn't moving even a little he heard her footsteps back into the room and stopped. He was standing inside it when suddenly felt the vase being quickly lifted, what made him wobble and fall to the ground. He was still in the process of standing up when he saw everything become darker. Fanny was looking inside the vase from above while holding it with her hand and ready to start a new conversation but he didn't look up.

"I have changed my clothes, it was a little too hot. I was about to put you on the ground so you can appreciate my new outfit but it think I like having you like this. You look just so powerless down there" she said and gently rocked the vase in circles.
He still didn't look up at her, what she used to fake some anger. "Samuel! Look at me when I speak to you" and while saying this, with a little movement of her hand, she shook the vase with enough violence to make him fall once again. Scared, he looked up for the first time. She was holding it at her belly level so when he looked up he so part of her breasts and behind it, her face. She then spoke to him in a grave tone "Do I have to explain you why it it will be better for you to not try to ignore me? from now on I want you to look at me when I speak to you and to answer when I ask a question. Understood?"
After a few seconds of silent he answered looking up at his Mother in law "Yes Fanny, understood"

"Ok" said she. Then she moved forward and not without waving it a little in the air she bent down and rested the vase tilted on the ground so he could get out of it. She stood a few meters away looking at it "What are you waiting for! Come out!" exclaimed her posing almost naîvely with one hand on her hips and the other one on her leg.

Chapter End Notes:

As always, i appreciate a lot your comments. Thanks for reading