- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Nami and Leigh attempt to remain undetected as the make their way back to safety.

Ch. 3

In an incredible stroke of bad luck, the giantess had returned at the exact moment that Nami and Leigh had begun making their way back to Sanctuary.  Ordinarily this would not be problematic, as the two of them could simply hide until the danger passed.  However, Nami was trapped on the large surface of the softbox.  She could not jump down because of the damage she would take in the fall, and she could not fly away without risking alerting the giantess to her presence.  Leigh, looking panicked below, quickly hid away in the space under the softbox.

Not knowing what else to do, Nami quickly took a position behind the soft rectangular structure which rested within the crease of the plateau.  It was difficult for her to maintain her balance as her feet continually slipped into the crevice of the structure.  She was, however, very well hidden and could furtively peer around her cover to observe the giantess.

Nami quickly became flooded with a feeling of terror embroidered in fascination.  The power possessed by the large one, she thought, in even one of those massive hands, was enough to annihilate her entire sect.  But there was something mystical about secretly watching this powerful creature, and Nami could feel herself overcome with phenomenal awe.

Before she had time to react, the giantess quickly turned around and made her way toward the softbox.  Curiosity gone, Nami darted her head back behind the softened structure and tried to bury her body as far into the crease as possible.  What happened next came as more of a shock than when the giantess had first entered.  Almost instantaneously, Nami was struck by an immeasurably powerful force, which caused a flash of light to appear before her eyes, and also knock the wind out of her.  Spatially, she could tell that there was a lot more pressure being exerted on her tiny body from every direction, and she figured that she must have slipped very deep into the crevice of the softbox.  One of her wings was stretched uncomfortably along the back surface of the structure, but she could do nothing to move it as she was stuck.

It was only a short while after that Nami heard the comforting voice of her friend, Leigh, desperately searching for her amongst the suffocating fabric.

“Nami!  Nami!  Where are you Nami?  Please answer me!”  As Leigh searched the crevice, she saw the extended wing of her fellow spotter.  Nami could just barely turn her head to make out Leigh’s horrified expression.

“Oh no.. oh no!  Just wait Nami, I will pull you out of there!” 

Leigh had grabbed one of Nami’s only free limbs, her arm, and pulled with surprising force, jutting the helpless Calculus out of her darkened, fabric tomb. 

“What happened, Leigh?”  It was clear that Nami was still mildly disoriented.

“Oh my… oh my goodness I am so happy you are not hurt!  I thought that you had been crushed when the large one threw her handbag on the softbox.”  Leigh’s chest burned a fierce pink color which illuminated the entire alcove.  “Are you ok?  Are you ok?”  Leigh spoke frantically, obviously still frazzled by the entire situation.

“Yes, thank you so much, Leigh, for coming for me.  I’m just a little shaky, but I think I can make it back.”

“Of course, I would never leave you out here, alone, Nami.  I just don’t know what I would have done if you had been badly hurt..”  There was pain in Leigh’s voice as her chest burned even more brightly.

The Calculi did not have long to savor each other’s company, as the giantess had re-entered the room, speaking loudly to an unidentified person.  As her voice grew closer and closer, it became apparent to both Leigh and Nami that she was again approaching their hiding place.  Leigh, still holding Nami’s arm from when she pulled her out of the crevice, yanked her closer, and Nami crossed her other arm over, hugging one of Leigh’s shoulders.  The two of them huddled together, waiting in terror for the giantess to depart.

She stopped just in front of the softbox and began rummaging through her handbag.  At each and every violent sift through her leather-bound sack, the giantess applied pressure to the only object between her vision and the frightened Calculi, sending mild undulations through the fabric which only added to their mental anguish.  When she was finally satisfied, the giantess departed for another room.

“We should leave, we cannot stay here,” said Nami with a viciously serious tone in her voice.  Leigh reluctantly let go of her grasp and began to pull on her own antennae as she nervously followed Nami out from behind their cover.  The two of them quickly flittered to the floor and began sprinting toward the entrance to Sanctuary.  It was in the adjoining room, so they had quite a distance to run.

Leigh was clearly faster than Nami, but she ensured that she did not pull too far ahead of her friend.  The two of them were able to stay out of sight until reaching the giantess’s quarters.  They promptly took cover behind a large tower while they caught their breath.  The giantess was seated at a large table.  She was interacting with the same device she had hours before, but in her right hand was a smaller rectangular device which she pressed against her head and spoke into.  The Calculi figured that she was using it to communicate to other members of her species.

“What do we do?”  Leigh was panicked and not thinking clearly.  It was obvious that she had the intention of remaining behind, while using the tower for cover, until the giantess left the room.

“We cannot stay here, Leigh; this is no place to hide.  We must make it back to Sanctuary.”

“I cannot, my legs are trapped in position.  My fear has gotten the best of me.  Please just go and let me stay.”

Nami gently took Leigh’s face in her hands.  “My friend, I will be right with you.  Together we are stronger than when alone.  Let us combine our speed and make it back home to safety.”

Leigh’s cloverleaf pupils met the ground as she physically prepared herself to run.  Clearly she didn’t want to, but, honestly, she did not want to separate either.  The softbox, underneath of which was the entrance to their salvation, was on the other side of the room, and between the tower and it was absolutely nothing but open space.  Luckily, the giantess, as she sat, was facing the opposite direction, so unless she arose and turned around, the two Calculi had a fairly good chance of making it across unnoticed. 

“Ok, get ready.”  Nami’s hands gradually slipped from Leigh’s cheeks down her arms as she prepared herself for the trek across the room as well.  Without warning, Nami sped off, with Leigh following close behind.  It was a very frightening experience.  Both Calculi were very exposed and would surely be discovered if the giantess were to shift her gaze even for a moment.  Even though they measured only about two inches in height, the Calculi had a naturally lighter skin pigment than did the giantess.  The musty cream color of their skin stood out quite well against the crimson background of the floor below, and could therefore easily give away their position.

As she ran, Nami stared at the giantess, (Leigh kept from traumatizing herself by keeping her eyes straight forward).  What an incredible creature, so large, so powerful.  She had removed the garments which protected her feet, and only the silky smooth epidermis now protected them from the ground below.  The giantess rubbed one foot over the other, perhaps scratching it or just providing a comforting self-connection.  Those feet were massive powerhouses, and again Nami was struck with awe as to just how fragile she actually was in comparison with the domineering titan.  The slightest amount of force applied by one of those appendages could be more than enough to wipe any trace of Nami’s existence off the planet.  This thought was quite unnerving.

Nami and Leigh both made it safely under the softbox, where their entire sect and many other members of the colony were anxiously waiting.  Upon their arrival they were greeted by a magnificent aurora of color as the members of their sect quietly rejoiced.  Jericho had been pacing back and forth with one hand over his forehead, emitting a blood red hue from his body.  Once he saw that they had returned, he immediately marched in their direction.  The stragglers simply waited as he came just within reach of them.  Jericho gave them both a stern look, and then promptly embraced them both.

Chapter End Notes:

Thank you to everyone who has been leaving comments.  I do read all of them and take the constructive criticism into account when writing these chapters.  If you have any questions, feel free to ask.  I will do my best to make this story as enjoyable as possible for everyone.