- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hey guys.  Sorry for the second time for the delayed uploads.  Im back in college now so I need to balance all my schoolwork with other stuff, so ill update this story periodically.  Thanks for all you support!  Hope you enjoy.

Ch. 11

            The Sanctuary was dark and gloomy.  There seemed to be an indefinite haze as Nami looked around, similar to the fog of war.  Waves of transparent mirages floated by as fellow Calculi walked by in silence.  Something was off.  There was no light; not one crease was glowing in the dimness.  Nami’s hair stood on edge.  When the chest of a Calculus failed to produce light, their soul was no longer a part of this world, and they were believed to pass into an infinite unity in the afterlife. 

            Though she tried, Nami couldn’t look down.  It was as though her head were in a fixed position, forcing her to look forward.  She didn’t pay mind to her paralysis, however, for fear had gripped her nerves.  Was this the afterlife?  Had the leviathan found her underneath that tower and killed her?  The corridor she was staring down was endless and gray, and an innumerable amount of Calculi were randomly walking one way or the other, not speaking a word.  Nami wanted to speak to one of them, but some invisible force held her head in position and prevented her from speaking.  Nami, amongst all the rest, walked a dirt path, although she couldn’t feel it directly.  It was as though the filth itself manifested the sensation below the soft pads of her bare soles as it slowly creeped its way up the rest of her body, filling her with a displeasing taste.  The silence was torturous, and she wanted nothing more badly than the get away from that place. 

            “What are you doing?”

            Nami turned around.  The lamp on Tracy’s desk illuminated the entire room.  Facebook was pulled up on her computer as she put her earring in.

            “Come on, let’s get going, were gonna be late!”

            Nami looked around.  This was it, the giantess’s room, although parts of it went by so fast that she couldn’t make out what was there.  A clock ticked by on the shelf, surrounded by pictures of Tracy and her family.  She looked down at her hands, but they weren’t hers.  They were tan, and her fingers were much shorter.  She was wearing clean clothes which faintly smelled of lavender.  Though she couldn’t make out most of what she had on, Nami could tell she was wearing sneakers. 

            ...”Wait, what the hell are sneakers?  Why am I talking like this?”

            Nami stared at Tracy, eye level, as she walked by to her bedroom door.  She was sitting on the bed, and the blankets felt very comfortable on her bottom.  “Wait, what are blankets?”

            “Damn it girl, we need to get an exterminator in here, pronto!  I fucking hate bugs.”

            Tracy pointed at the ground and Nami looked down.  She saw herself staring back up, horrified, seemingly stranded in the exposed area in the middle of the room.  Nami, who apparently wasn’t Nami anymore, stared down at the real Nami, who was frantically darting her head back and forth between the two behemoths, seemingly unsure of which one to avoid.  Tracy walked over to her.  The big Nami tried to scream, but no sound would leave her mouth.  Tracy promptly smashed Nami, the insect, in a second under her blue high heel shoe.  The crunch was sickening and seemed to resonate in the room.  Upon impact the larger Nami felt as though every bit of her hemolymph and viscera had been squeezed through the pores in her skin, and she immediately blacked out.

            She awoke in the linen, which was damp from her sweat.  The terrible dream had frightened her so badly she felt her heart stop for a minute.  Realizing it was not real, Nami sat up but couldn’t stand, for her legs were too shaky.  It was morning time; the orb in the sky penetrated her suffocating prison with its comforting rays.  The giantess wasn’t there, and the solitude gave her a temporary peace of mind.

            Because the cage which held Nami was positioned on top of one of the tables the giantess owned, it gave her a unique perspective of the room.  She couldn’t remember her dream very well, so she was unsure as to how this room compared to the one of which she was an inhabitant earlier in her sleep.  The softbox, underneath of which was the entrance to her home, was embraced by a giant fabric which looked as though it created waves, underneath of which the main body of the object lie.  Nami remembered that in her dream, she was sitting on it, and she knew what it was, but now she no longer did.

            A number of devices were littered about the table.  There were a couple large blocks filled with thin sheets which the giantess would stare at from time to time.  Some metal bars rested against one another in a staircase-like configuration which were held together by a smaller metal hoop. 

            A cup was sitting right next to her prison, opposite from her bedding.  Nami, having snapped out of her post-nightmare trauma, stood up and walked over to it.  She reached her hands through the bars and touched the side of it.  It was very warm, not uncomfortably so, but enough that she couldn’t keep her hand on it for more than a minute.  Compared to her it was massive, towering overhead like a great, ceramic megalith.  Though she didn’t know much about the giantess’s life, she knew that she drank from this thing, and the curved apature on the side was meant for holding.  It was navy blue and had yellow characters along the side, although Nami was ignorant to their meaning.  For a moment Nami admired it.  The colors clashed nicely and she thought that it was quite pretty.  Whatever the giantess had been drinking, she must not have finished, for its warmth was obviously conveying itself through the ceramic to Nami’s hand.  It smelled delicious, like a buttery souflee, and it near made Nami cry she wished to sample it so badly.

            There was a new hole in the wall, which was still conveyed an image of great destruction, the origin of which still deeply saddened her as she sat idly in her prison.

Chapter End Notes:

Comments!  Just for reference, Nami is about 2 in. tall.  I try not to include too many specific details in the story, especially about her observations of her environment, because I want to encourage readers to come to their own conclusions, but I feel as though knowing this will help you understand her relationship to everything a little better.