- Text Size +

Sean rushed up the well worn metal stairs to the subway platform, his friends running ahead of him. “Come on, man, you're going to miss it!” Brian called out from above him on the stairs. Already Mike and Pat were through the turnstile and standing in the door way of the train.


Sean's stomach was rolling though, the last three innings of the game were short and he had probably drank too much. Ok, Sean admitted to himself as he wobbled on the stairs, he had drank too much. On top of that the Red Sox had lost.


They had come all the way down to New York City as a last summer trip before scattering for their final year of college. A Red Sox/Yankees game had seemed like a good idea, until the team had started to lose, and Pat almost started a fight in the stands. And now, Sean could barely make it up the stupid metal stairs to the stupid six train on the stupid New York City subway.


“Fuck,” Sean muttered under his breath as he searched for the little card that he could swipe to pass through the turnstile. All that he could find in his wallet was a damn Charlie Card and that would be useless in this city. Leave it to New York to still use thin cards that you had to swipe. He was amazed they weren't still making people use tokens.


“Just jump it, brah,” Pat yelled from the open train car. Sean could see the crowd of people in pinstripes and blue just glaring at him from across the subway platform.


Jumping the turnstile was somewhat out of the question with all those people staring at him. It was an invitation for a fight with a drunk Yankees fan, and Pat was already in a fighting mood. Sean slammed his hands around his pockets trying to fumble for the thin card. Only as he finally yanked it out from inside of one of the pockets he had already checked did a computerized voice announce, “Beware the closing doors, please.”


“Come on, man!” Brian called from the door of the train. A horde of Yankee fans rolled their eyes at the silly Bostonians.


Sean swiped his card but the turnstile still didn't fucking move, and he swiped again and again, until finally the little screen read, “Go.”


By that point though, it was already too late.


In his frustration, Sean didn't notice that the train had pulled away. All he could do was watch it trail away down the track, the green circle with a white 6 on the center the only thing of note as he watched it go. His phone buzzed in his shorts pocket, and a text from Pat just read, “Shuda jumppped it.”


Sean sighed, and turned to move down the nearly empty platform.


Of course, he didn't think that anyone else might be in the same position as him having just missed a train out of Yankee Stadium. Not paying attention, Sean rammed right into a young woman who had just come through the turnstile herself.


The young woman let out a shout, and a bright substance burst into the air. It looked like glitter or maybe some kind of shiny hand sanitizer, Sean couldn't really tell. All he really knew was that it all got dumped on him. “Oh what the fuck?” Sean shouted as he looked at the woman. He knew somewhere deep down that it was his own fault for not watching where he was going but who just fucking goes around with an open bottle of hand cream or glitter or whatever the hell he was covered in.


His skin was lit up like one of those shitty Twilight vampires, and he couldn't even rub the glitter off of his skin. It stuck right to him because of the light sheen of sweat that was covering his body.


“Excuse me,” the woman said, clearly somewhat offended that he had bumped right into her and still not apologized.


Yet, Sean was too far gone, “Fucking New York City. First we lose to the fucking Yankees, and now you fucking cover me in, whatever the fuck this shit is!” He continued to furiously try and rub it off of his skin, but it was no use, if anything he was starting to rub it into his skin. “What the hell is this shit?” Sean yelled at the young woman.


Sean was surprised to find himself eye to eye with her. At a little over six feet, he found himself regularly a few inches taller than most women, but this girl was meeting his gaze directly. Her eyes were a light blue that looked dazzling against her lightly tanned skin, and her honey blond hair that fell from beneath her Yankees cap in tight curls. Sean couldn't deny as he gave her the once over that she had a nice figure. The only thing that ruined it was the Yankees symbol over her sizable left breast.


“How about you apologize for running into me first?” The woman responded, her eyes boring into him. She was clearly pleased with how surprised he was to find that she was the same height.


“No,” Sean said, angry but ready to stand his ground against some trumped up New York bitch, “What if I'm like allergic to this shit or something?” He glared at the woman, and took a step forward. When he stepped forward though, Sean could have sworn that she had straightened herself out a little, as her eyes now stood slightly above his.


“Hey, what the hell are you doing to my girlfriend?” A voice called from behind the woman.


Sean gulped as the woman's boyfriend came into view. If his girlfriend was an inch or so taller than himself, Sean reasoned, this guy was freaking huge. Easily seven feet or higher, and built with muscles to match. Sean trembled a little, wondering if he had suddenly picked a fight with the girlfriend of some little known professional linebacker or basketball player.


“Brandon,” the girl said sweetly, wrapping her arms around her boyfriend's arm and chest, “It's ok. Calm down.”


“Calm down?” Brandon growled as he looked down at Sean, “This little shrimp was going to hit you or something.” The miniature giant then turned toward Sean, taking a step forward that made the relatively smaller man swear Brandon was looming over him, “What do you think just because you're the size of a woman, you can pick fights with them?”


“What?” Sean said, incredulous at the insanity of this bunch of drunken New Yorkers, “Look man, your girl's tall enough to take care of herself, alright. And she's the one who covered me in this...this shit!” Sean threw up his arms that were still glittering in the sunlight. He then turned back toward the woman, and had to do a double take.


Brandon's girlfriend seemed to have shot up a solid six or seven inches in height. Sean was now staring at the neckline of her t-shirt, and she and her boyfriend seemed to only be steadily growing before him.


“Covered you in,” Brandon repeated the words, confusion evident on his face for a moment before a wicked smile broke apart his lips. He turned to his girlfriend, suddenly ignoring Sean, and he asked, “Oh babe, you didn't?”


The blond woman just laughed, and smirked up at her boyfriend before leaning up to kiss him gently on the lips, her hands resting on the small of his back and chest as she leaned up. “He'll probably be a little smaller than normal,” she replied, that smirk still plain on her face as she turned her eyes back toward Sean who was growing smaller by the second.


Panic began to overcome Sean as he watched the couple seem to grow massively before him. The pair of them just seemed to stretch in all directions, while the subway platform expanded between them. The whole world was just growing gigantic around him, discarded beer cans beginning to look like cars, people like buildings. Finally, something snapped in Sean and he turned, running away from the couple.


After a couple of steps, Sean found his voice and started shouting, “Somebody, somebody help me!” As he ran though, his stride became shorter, and his voice was quickly being swallowed up by the sounds of the city all around him. The closest person on the platform was way down on the other end, not even paying attention as the distance between themselves and Sean seemed to stretch into infinity.


Then there was a tremor like Sean had never experienced before.


Then there was another.


He turned his head to watch the now gigantic blond quickly closing the distance between her and him. The jeans she wore clung to her athletic legs, easily revealing the tone of her powerful calves and quads as she moved in on her tiny little prize. Each of her sneaker-clad feet seemed to eat up so much ground in one single step that Sean had no hope of evading capture. He watched as the blue sneaker came crashing down on the hard cement of the subway platform with easily enough force to crush his still shrinking body.


“Where do you think you're going?” The giantess suddenly asked, as her feet closed the small distance between them. Each one of her feet ended up on either side of him, and Sean fell over, staring straight up the denim-clad legs of the blond woman. Sean's eyes turned toward the sneakers she wore, the stark white of the Nike swoosh seemed more like something on a roadside billboard than a woman's shoe. The foot twitched, and the shoe lifted for the briefest of moments. A movement that the woman probably barely registered but sent Sean into a small fit of turmoil.


There was then another series of enormous tremors. Soon enough Brandon came into view, and Sean was speechless. If Brandon's girlfriend was impressive at Sean's new size, than Brandon was downright terrifying. He strode forward with the ease of some sort of titan, unconcerned with the way his footsteps affected Sean's tiny world. Muscles seemed to bulge all over his body, though it was the bare tan calves that Sean was drawn to as the giant stopped next to his enormous girlfriend.


The gigantic pair just stood there for a moment, looking down at him cowering between a woman's feet. Sean felt utterly insignificant before them, like he was a bug that they were clearly debating on whether or not to squash. Suddenly, Sean felt himself just praying they would ignore him, that he hadn't slighted them nearly enough to end up under either the white tread of the enormous woman or the giant's massive sneaker.


“Come on, babe,” The giant spoke, his voice seeming to shake Sean's very bones, “Train's coming.”


“Brandon,” her voice even though like thunder could still twist and oscillate like any other woman's, stretching out that one two syllable name with a slight whine. She then looked from her boyfriend to the tiny man at her feet, “You don't really expect me to touch a Red Sox fan, do you?”


The giant laughed, and shook his head, before bending down and casting Sean in his gigantic shadow. “Course not, babe,” the giant said casually, patting his girlfriend's leg affectionately before reaching for the little man that was still paralyzed at her feet.


Sean didn't know what to think; it was all happening so fast, blood was pounding in his ears, and he couldn't control his breathing. He wanted to panic, to run, to do something. Yet, the enormous masculine hand descended upon him all the same, and soon enough he was being torn away from the subway platform and carried high into the air. Only as he rose into the air did something finally click and he begin to thrash once more, his fists pounding against the giant's hand. This last ditch effort only resulted in the amusement of his captors though, and Sean was suddenly filled with shame.


He quickly found himself within a front pocket of the giant. The pocket was warm, dark, but worst of all, it placed him near certain musty parts of the giant's anatomy...