- Text Size +
Chapter 5: The Cat's Out of the Bag and The Serena's Back to Normal

Realization dawned on Amy and Rei. The first thing was that Jack proved trustworthy, by trying to save Serena rather than kill her, and helping the two of them out. The second was that they didn't really have much of a choice. So the two did what they did best. They raised their wands up and transformed

"Mercury Star Power!"

"Mars Star Power!"

Jack and Serena were both bewildered by the bright light surrounding the two. Contrary to what's shown on TV, the transformations are brief, so it only took about 10 seconds for Amy and Rei to change into their uniforms. Jack, of course, couldn't believe it.

"Holy crap! You two are Sailor Scouts?!"

"Yeah," responded Amy. "Is something wrong with that?"

"No, that's great!"

"I thought you'd say that," responded Rei, "but you can't tell anyone, got it?"

"Believe me," replied Jack, "I can keep a secret. And you look great in a miniskirt." The last comment was accompanied by a wink from Jack that neither Rei or Amy expected from him.

Amy smiled and Rei felt a sense of relief and slight embarassment over Jack's comments. "Speaking of secrets though," Rei added, "you're not exactly at face value either."

"Save it!" interrupted Amy as Serena dove at them. Amy immediately recognized that in her condition, Serena didn't realize she could transform into Sailor Moon, or even think about it. But Jack didn't need to know that...

"So," asked Amy, "what's the plan?"

"Well, I've never been in a situation like this before!" Jack protested as the two looked to him for a plan.

"There's a first time for everything, Jack! It's time to see if this'll be the LAST as well." Rei said, jumping back as Serena attempted to smash her.

"If we attack full force we'll end up severely injuring her," Jack began as he dove to the side dodging Serena's foot with Amy. "I suggest we try and stun her. I have a tazer, I could probably rig it so that it'd output 50 times it's normal shock value. That should be enough to knock her out for a while. Or, we could go simple and I could grab my tranquilizer rifle and shoot her with an elephant tranquilizer."

Amy and Rei looked at Jack like he was a crazy person.

"Who has Elephant tranquilizers?!" shouted Rei.

"Or a tranquilizer rifle for that matter?" asked Amy a little more civilized.

"Someone who's into self defense and against home invasion robberies." Jack responded.

"You're paranoid."

"I'm not paranoid! I'm well prepared!" said Jack defensively as he and the girls dodged yet another attack from the giantess. "So what'll it be? Tranquilizers or the Tazer?"

"You have the taser on you?" asked Amy.

"Yeah. Just distract Serena for a few seconds, okay? I mean, you guys are super heroines, right?"

"Something like that," replied Amy. Waving her hands into the air, Mercury summoned a group of bubbles to create a fog around the area (her Shabon Spray for all of you picky otaku in the audience). In practically no time at all, Jack had set his taser with enough force to knock out a full grown bull elephant.

Serena, meanwhile, was blind as a bat in the fog, and gradually shrinking due to the effects of Jack's antidote. Unfortunately, she was still 40 feet tall, more than large enough to grind Jack, Amy, and Rei into neat smears on the ground. In her attempts to find the three, she began randomly stomping and swinging in front of her.

"I see her!" screamed Jack. Lunging towards an exposed hand, Jack plunged the taser into it, releasing 50,000 volts of electricity into her. Serena lunged back and screamed in agony.

"Jack!" screamed Rei. "You did it!"

"She's out cold." Amy said as she rushed up.

"We did it!" shouted Rei and Jack in unison. They both hugged with their eyes closed. Then they slowly opened their eyes and realized what they just did. Rei looked at Jack all fast and surprised and Jack did the same thing, then they seemed to just appear standing next to each other with no movement of getting out of the hug position. Amy couldn't help but laugh.

A thought came to Rei and Amy's mind, Jack still hadn't shared any light onto his past. It was time to come clean.