- Text Size +
Chapter 4: The Plan

"We'll have to get her to drink it. I don't see how we'll be able to do that though because no doubt she's discovered that both Rei and I went missing. Here's the plan I have formulated-" Jack began.

"Wait a minute," interrupted Rei. "you thought up a plan in less than a minute?"

"Yeah. I did something similar to this before. I just needed to change the original gameplan a little bit."

Rei and Amy were both beginning to wonder about Jack's rather mysterious past. They decided not to ask questions but listen in instead.

"Alright, here's the plan. Rei, you're going to lure Serena into the Shima Field's Baseball Diamond. Amy, there you'll be waiting under the bleachers. When Serena gets in the field you hop out from behind the bleachers, but KEEP your cover. Don't let her spot you. Climb up into the anouncers booth and aim the super soaker I'll provide you with at Serena's mouth. When she opens it fire away. I'll be in the other booth doing the same thing. Rei, you'll have to act as a sort of decoy and lure Serena into our line of fire. If you can get her to laugh then we'll have a clear shot at her mouth and she'll shrink back to normal size." Amy was impressed with Jack's quick thinking and instantly agreed to the plan. Rei just sighed, reluctantly agreeing to play decoy. It worked before, so she didn't see why it wouldn't work again. As long as Jack didn't find out she was Sailor Mars, it was an acceptable risk.

The three of them headed off to their positions, as Rei got in front of the gigantic Serena. Judging by the look on her face, she was not happy.

"Serena," asked Rei, "what's wrong?"

"You know what's wrong!" she screamed. "That little bug Jack ran off, and without him, I can't make more growth serum."

"Well, I know where he is!"

Serena jumped in the air, causing a small quake that nearly knocked Rei off of her feet. "Well, come on, show me where he is! I can't wait to grow more..."

Serena's ramblings were ignored by Rei as she lured the giantess to Shima field, trying to keep her as far away from houses and people as posssible. Finally Rei and Serena arrived at the baseball diamond.
"Okay Rei, where is he?" asked Serena.

"He should be here. I'll go get him."

Angry with all the waiting, Serena picked Rei up and held her in front of her huge face. "You had better hurry. If I don't see him soon, you're going to be my dinner."

As Serena put Rei down, she began to lure the giant meatball head by where Amy was hiding. She had to put her faith in her friend right now.

Amy managed to sneak up to the anouncers booth on the left, Jack was already taking aim in the booth on the right. Jack was a crackshot with a gun, a super soaker is no exception to that. Like Jack said, growing up in the victoria courts you need to learn to defend yourself. Amy however... I doubt she's ever used a gun.

Jack continued keeping his eye locked on target, the super soaker loaded with his serum. Amy kept her aim steady as well.

"That's it Rei! He's not here! You tricked me, now I'm gonna do to you what I'll do to Jack when I find him!!" Serena reached down and grabbed Rei. Rei began screaming in fear. As Serena opened her mouth to devour Rei, Jack took his opening.

"TARGET IN SIGHT, I REPEAT AMY TARGET IN SIGHT!! FIRE AT WILL FIRE AT WILL!! TARGET AT 7 O CLOCK! FIRE, FIRE!!!" Jack pulled the trigger and 5 pounds of pressurized reduction serum shot out of Jack's super soaker and hit Serena dead on target. Amy's shot missed but not by much. It took a slight adjustment of her arm but the antidote made it into Serena's mouth.

Serena dropped Rei and Rei scrambled up to Jack, who left the anouncer's booth and was now at the top of the bleachers. But something wasn't right.

"Jack? What's wrong, we did it!" Rei said as she rushed up to Jack.

"We didn't... I didn't count on this. Apparently for a job this big the antidote may take a while. I give it a day minimum to kick in, and with a giant angry meatball head on the loose, one day is all it'll take for Tokyo to be leveled." said Jack grimmly as he pointed to the still giant Serena.

Serena looked to her 3 friends and then turned to Jack, enraged. She was still big, and still very much insane! "What did you do to me?!"

Jack smiled smugly at the monstrous figure in front of him. "That was an antidote to the growth serum. It will return you to normal."

Rei and Amy looked at Jack with a sense of astonishment. Did he have a death wish?

"That's right, you big bitch!" continued Jack. "You're finished!"

The enraged Serena began to move towards Jack, but stopped when he put his finger up in the air.

"Temper, temper, psychobitch. If you get too riled up, there's no telling what the antidote will do. If your organs are shrinking, and they are, your heart and lungs will start getting smaller. Odds are it could kill you. Now just sit down like a nice girl untill you're back to normal. You don't want to overwork that heart of yours."

From the sides, Amy wondered what Jack's plan was. There were no side effects when they tested the formula. It was obviously a bluff by Jack to get Serena out of the way untill the formula shrunk her and restored her sanity. Unfortunately for Jack, Serena didn't care about anything that he had to say. "Even if I do die, I'm still gonna squash you like an ant!"

The headstrong Texan stood still as Serena lowered her hand over Jack. But before she could pulverize him, Rei screamed out, holding a bottle in her hand. A bottle with a brown liquidy substance.

"Hey! Meatball head!" she screamed. "You want some more of the serum? Here it is!"

Much to Jack's relief, Serena completely forgot about him in favor of the bottle Rei was holding in her hand.

"Give it to me!" she boomed.

"You want it, go and get it!" she said, running from Serena.

"What is she doing?" asked Amy. With no time to really think about it, she and Jack followed Rei and Serena untill they reached the wreckage of the school. Wasting no time at all when she got there, Rei threw the bottle in the rubble, then ran up to Amy and Jack while Serena bolted for the bottle.

"Do you have any idea what you've just done?!" asked an infuriated Jack.

"Yeah," responded Rei. "Lure out Meatball head with a mix of chocolate syrup and water in a bottle. By the time she's done with the fake, Serena should be at least 5 feet smaller.

"But how did you do that?"

"Someone left some syrup in the Home Ec room, and I figured it'd be a good distraction back when I was stalling Serena for you."

Jack simply looked at Rei dumbfounded.

"And by the way," continued Rei, "you should be a little more grateful. Amy and I put our necks on the line for you a lot today."

"I guess you're right," responded Jack, feeling a little guilty.

"Save the apologies for later," interrupted Amy. "We need to go, now!"

"We can't," responded Jack. "If we leave, Serena's gonna come after us, meaning she goes into the city, meaning lots of panic and other stuff right out of a Godzilla movie. Wouldn't you agreee, Rei?"

"Jack's right, we can't leave or Serena'll go Godzilla on Tokyo. We have to stand and fight." Rei said forcefully.

"Couldn't agree with you more Rei." Said Jack with a smile as he pulled out what looked like a can of Mace and a lighter. Rei and Amy looked at each other. If they fought like this, then they'd die. The only way to fight would be to transform into Sailor Scouts and get the other girls to help. But then Jack would know their secret!

Suddenly the roof was pulled off and the giantess Serena looked down angrily at them.