- Text Size +
Chapter 47

"So, Jack, IF I MAY CALL YOU THAT, where were you when the Berlin Wall fell?"

"I don't know... probably at home watching TV. I don't remember."

"He doesn't remember," Freak Boy said accusingly. "Jack, in 6th grade did you or did you not place a thumbtack on Mr. Pantuso's chair?"

"What? That was you."

"Yes or no will do, Mr. McCoy."

"No."

"May I remind you that you are under oath?"

"No! That was you!"

"Your honor," Freak Boy said, "strike that from the record. Mr. McCoy, show us on the doll where they touched you!" Freak Boy produced a little rag doll.

"What?! Nobody touched me!"

"There's no running from your past, WHO TOUCHED YOU?"

"I hate you..." was all Jack could say as he folded his arms over his chest.

The trial went the same way for the rest of the day, ending when the trial adjourned until the next day. Freak Boy, Somedude and the rest were leaving to go stay in their hotel when the media swarmed them again.

"Oh my god," Jack said, "look at all the press."

"Relax, I've got it covered," Freak Boy said confidently. "Here's Mr. Guilty, boys. Fire away." With that, Freak Boy stepped aside allowing the media easy access to Jack.

"Mr. McCoy," began a reporter, "wouldn't you be better defended by a stupid monkey?"

Freak Boy suddenly stepped between the reporters and Jack. "No further questions!"