- Text Size +
Chapter 32

Given another second, Jack would have splattered his brains against the wall and joined the corpses in the office. But before he could, Rei flicked the gun out of his hand and grabbed him angrily.

"Let me go!" screamed Jack! "I can't deal with this anymore!" Rei squeezed Jack's still broken ribs, keeping him from talking.

"What's your problem Jack?" asked an angry, yet worried Rei.

"My problem? Look inside the building. That's me. I'm a mass murderer, a bastard child of a mob boss and a whore. What do I have to live for?"

Looking at Jack, Rei saw that he really was depressed. But she knew somewhere, he had something to live for.

"What about your brothers?"

"My brothers?"

"Yeah! The two who depend on your paycheck to get by in the world! What about them?" Sighing, Rei revealed her biggest concern. "What about me? Don't I matter to you?"

Jack realized something. For the first time in his life, he realized his life had a purpose other than money and greed. Rei mattered to him, and if she was willing to keep him alive for whatever reason, then somebody needed him. Jack never was one to cry. In fact, I doubt if he's ever shed a tear even from pain. For the first time since Jack can remember... he let out tears. Not of sadness, but tears of joy.

Rei hugged Jack against her cheek and Jack did the best he could to hug her back. If this was live TV you could hear the audience going, "Awwwww".

"Look… there’s bodies smokin’ all over this roof. Let's get out of here before the cops show up Rei." Rei looked at Jack half expecting a long speech of some sort. He simply sighed. "I told you before, I wasn't good at speeches. Now let's go."

Rei put Jack on her shoulder as she walked off with the other girls. The past two days had been a whirlwind of bizarre mishaps and painful memories, but now he felt free. He had something to live for, namely the 115 foot tall Sailor Senshi who was in love with him. And that was reason enough for him to keep on living. With the new feeling in him, he walked up to Rei's cheek and kissed her.

"I can't say how much I love you, Rei."

Looking at her tiny boyfriend, Rei smiled and picked him up again, placing him between her breasts.

"You don't have to. I love you too. Now relax, close to my heart." Jack obliged, sleeping soundly for the first time in a long time.