- Text Size +
Chapter 29

Jack stared at the five girls. None of them moved. Darien had kept quiet the entire time. Jack sighed. He knew he was on his own. But when he looked up, he saw Amy's very large foot step over the line he had set up.

"I don't know who this man is, but anyone who would use a weapon like that deserves to be punished."

Lita, Mina, and Rei quickly followed suit. As heroes, they explained, they couldn't let someone like that run around in their city, even if he was 2 inches tall.

"Well, that's four of you," remarked Jack. Turing his attention to Serena, she was looking at Darien, who motioned to her. Nodding, Serena stepped over the line as well.

"I'm with you all the way on this Jack," remarked Serena.

"If that's your choice, I won't stop you. But we need a plan. Going in guns blazing is out, so...

"I'll sneak in. Amy, you'll create the mist you made earlier. Darien and I'll go inside. You 5 will make sure that no one goes in, or out of the building. Don't get within a 10 foot radius of ANYONE suspicious looking. Use long range attacks and avoid melee combat for... obvious reasons."

The plan was simple enough. While the girls blow the outside guards away with their powers, Darien and Jack would sneak in from behind while the guards where occupied. There would only be about 3 guards inside the building and 8 guards outside. The ones outside would be for the girls. The ones inside though, Darien could handle them.

"One more thing before we move in." said Jack.

"What?" asked Darien.

"Leave the Finitos' to me."

"Are you sure?" asked Lita.

"I'm sure. Darien, are you up for this?" asked Jack.

"Sure!" responded Darien. He wasn't sure if this was such a great idea, but considering the girls were agreeing whole heartedly on this, he'd rather take his chances with a few guards.

"So now we need to get inside the city without making such a huge racket that the news crews know that we're here."

"My fog can take care of that," responded Amy.

"O.K. then, let's go!"