- Text Size +
Chapter 21

"Uh, girls? I think we need to go."

"But Amy's still asleep," responded Rei.

"Well, wake her up!"

"Uh uh. You do it. That, or relax and don't freak out about the crowds..."

"Fine... fine. I'll wake up Amy," said Jack with a groan. If he and the girls stayed on the beach then the crowds would definitely cause problems. Jack hoped Amy was a light sleeper, and a peaceful waker. After all, all he could do was hope.

The girls looked at Jack half worried, and half thinking it'd be funny to see him get his ass kicked by Amy. This was unlikely to happen because, as Jack said, he learned just about every form of martial arts known to man while living in the Victoria Courts. This meant he could easily evade attacks even from giantesses. Sailor Scout giantesses... well... he's not gonna see if he can avoid them unless it's absolutely necessary.

"Come on Amy, time to get up," whispered Jack as he started to push her head. Nothing. She was sleeping soundly.

"Rei? A little help?"

"Not my problem," responded Rei.

"Oh, thanks a lot," Jack replied sarcastically. Since pushing her head wasn't working, Jack knew this would call for slightly more drastic measures. So he started to hit her eyes in an attempt to startle her. Still nothing.

"Hey, uh, Rei, how much did Amy drink last night?"

"I don't remember, but I don't think that much," responded Rei. "She's just a real deep sleeper."

"That's it!" angrily shouted Jack. Grabbing a stick of dynamite, he lighted it and threw it into the air by Amy's ear. This didn't go unnoticed by the girls.

"What are you doing Jack?" asked Rei.

"If the sounds of explosives don't wake her, nothing will!" he said as he threw the dynamite right by Amy's ear, letting it explode. The noise was loud enough to startle the girls, but Jack still needed to see if Amy woke up.

Amy sat upright and looked around wondering what happened. She looked
at the ground and saw a black crater then next to it was Jack.

"What happened?" she asked as she rubbed her eyes.

"Jack used dynamite to wake you up." said Lita as she, and the rest of the girls, looked at them with those beady little dot anime eyes.

"What?!" asked Amy surprised.

"You're a heavy sleeper. Now, can we get outta here before the crowds start to show up and make a big deal and scene out of this. I don't know about you, but I don't wanna be seen on national television." said Jack as he looked around.

"Why not Jack?" asked Mina as she looked down at him.

"When you live my life and my career, you make some enemies. I don't wanna be seen on national... or global TV. It'll give away my location." said Jack. The girls looked at him once again wondering what he may have "forgotten" to tell them when he told his life story. The girls did want to see just what Jack didn't tell them... but Jack kept pressing them to go.

Jack was desperate. "Look, can we PLEASE go?"

Finally, the girls relented. If it was that bad, it must have been painful. "Okay Jack," responded Rei. "But you'll have to tell us one day. When you're good and ready."

"Whenever that is. Now let's go!"

"Okay fine," responded Mina. Gathering Darien, Jack, and the stereo, the girls started to leave. But not before Jack noticed the news helicopter.

"Crap! I'm too late. Rei, hide me!"