- Text Size +
Chapter 9

Jack bluffed. He was good at it. Rei faltered but only slightly.

“Now, we’re all friends here. Let’s agree to not break anyone’s neck, put our guns away… and settle this with a fucking conversation.”

Serena got wide eyed and ducked down behind a desk.

When Jack looked in Serena's direction Rei and Amy both jumped forward, thinking he actually was armed and dangerous, and tackled him. Amy grabbed the gun while Rei hit Jack HARD in the chest. You could hear the *SNAP* of a few of his ribs breaking. He'd had worse injuries but, holding in his screams of pain was still really freakin’ hard.

"Rei..." said Amy sounding very morbid.

"What?!" asked Rei angrily as she kept Jack pinned down with one hand over his broken rib cage. He winced and held in his screams of pain. "He had a gun! He could've killed all of us!!"

"He was bluffing... it's a paintball gun." said Amy as an anime sweat bead dropped down the side of her head. The sense of anger had turned to absolute dread when it hit on Rei exactly what she had done.

"Crap! This is what I get for making you an Amazon!" Jack wheezed.

Rei was quick to apologize. "Oh, Jack! I didn't know!"

"Hell, it's happened before. Cops need to make this judgment call a lot." Although he managed a smile, Jack was still in a lot of pain.

"Try not to move," responded Amy. Looking over the area where Jack was bandaged up, Amy quickly reached for some unused sheets to wrap up the areas.

"Hey, you guys are superheroes, right? Can't you just heal me?"

"We may be heroes," answered Rei, "but we're not gods. You need to get to the hospital."

"I think now would be a good time to test the antidote. No way is the hospital going to let two 10 foot sailor scouts check in a guy. And I don't trust her," Jack said pointing at Serena, who promptly stuck her tongue out at him.

"Serena!" angrily shouted Rei. "This is serious!"

"I've had worse," responded Jack. "I'm not a baby. If you're going to take me to the hospital, take the antidote, and drop me off. I'm a quick healer though. I'll be back on my feet in a week."

"Look Jack," answered Rei. "This is serious. You need to go to the hospital."

"No, really, I'll be fine. Look, it's your call. My fault anyway. Shouldn't have pulled a paintball gun."

"Why don't you want to go to the hospital Jack?" asked Amy concerned as she began to walk closer.

"One, I don't need no doctor to tell me what to do. I can handle myself..." Jack realized how that sounded. "Let me rephrase that, I can take care of myself. Two, I can't afford a doctor, a room in a hospital, or ANY of the medications or procedures they'll do on me to heal me. And 3, they’ll want to know how I broke my ribs and why they're broken in the shape of a fist." said Jack counting off the reasons on his fingers. Amy and Rei looked at each other and had to agree that, he was right.

"Ok, we won't take him to a hospital. Amy, you patch him up you're the one who knows what to do. Jack, take off your shirt so Amy can see if anything's serious." said Rei.

"Uhm... I don't really think that's necessary. I know the wounds and... It’s uh... It’s... it's nothing. Nothing... it's... nothing, nothing at all." Jack said, standing up and wincing.

"Jack," began Amy as she sat in front of him. "I need to examine the injury to determine how serious it is. Please, take off your shirt." She said both forcefully and gently. Jack was surrounded by all three girls. The two Amazons to his front left and right, and the meatball head behind him.

"I really don't think this is necessary girls." said Jack trying to avoid taking his shirt off in front of them.

"Jack," said Rei getting fed up with his whining. "If YOU don't want to take your shirt off I'll do it for you. So what's it gonna be?"

Jack sighed and took off his shirt. On his back was the burn you'd expect to see after the life threatening ordeal from his childhood. It was shaped like a bar. It wasn't deformed or anything, the skin was normal but it was darker than the rest of his skin. On the rest of his body, including his back, were several other scars. Some looked like they were from bullets, others from knives, and some from bite marks.

Amy acted very professional, despite the several questions she had for Jack about how he received some of the more grotesque slash and bullet scars, and only paid attention to his ribs. Remarkably, only 3 ribs were broken. There were 4 fractures in all but only 3 of his ribs sustained injury, his chest was bruised in the shape of Rei's fist, the fractures where her knuckles impacted. Rei and Serena were not as considerate as Amy was.

All sorts of questions flooded Jack. Rei wanted to know how much of his life he had "forgotten" to tell them. Serena wanted to know if it hurt when she poked his various burns and scars. Jack's humiliation was unbearable. Amy saw this and quickly gestured for Rei and Serena to shut up.

Now that his wounds were patched up, and his dignity partially restored, Jack was ready to begin further testing of the serum. Deciding that since Amy had been the nicest of the three girls, she would be the one to test the next batch of serum. This didn't sit too well with Serena.

"Oh come on! Why can't I get some of the serum?"

"Because, I've seen enough of a giant you to last a lifetime."

With that out of the way, Jack began to instruct Amy on the next part of the test. "Now, Amy, for this part of the test we'll need to go outside. And please, be careful, all three of you.

Nodding in agreement, the three girls went outside as Jack took notes on the behavior and appearance of Rei and Amy. So far, they didn't look or act any differently than they used to, they were just proportionally larger. This was a good thing. The last thing Jack needed were two deformed, insane sailor amazons attacking the city.

"Now Amy," began Jack, "we're going to test a significantly larger dose of the serum on you. If this goes according to plan, your growth should be proportional with the amount of serum you drink. Understand?"

Nodding, Amy took a cup of the growth serum and began to drink it while everyone looked on. Since Amy drank a cup of the serum she grew and expanded until she reached the 50 foot mark. She looked down at the very tiny Jack and Serena and then the doll sized Rei.

"Ok, now you can't call me a perv if I can see up her skirt." said Jack in his usual tone. When Jack joked, it was the never changing stoic face and tone that made it funnier.

Still... Amy didn't really encourage the idea of Jack seeing her panties so she sat down as carefully as she could. "Now can I take some measurements? We need to be sure that you're proportionate to your original size after all." Rei shoved Jack knocking him to the ground. Amy, who controls her temper very well, helped Jack up with a single hand.

"Thanks Amy, well this proves that sanity remains even at the fifty foot mark. Everything looks proportionate but without exact measurements we can't be sure." said Jack poutily. Even Amy had to give Jack a VERY gentle fwap on the head with her index finger. Rei walked up to Jack.

"Ok Jack, now give me some." said Rei as she looked down at him.

"You broke my ribs and knocked me flat on my ass, if we're testing anything on you, it's the antidote." said Jack sternly.

"Oh, come on Jack! Please?" she said as she gave him big puppy dog eyes. When will Jack learn that it's pointless to argue with a pretty girl?

Unable to resist Rei's charms, Jack gave her the serum and watched as she expanded into a 50 foot tall giantess. This made Jack more than a little reprehensive. After all, Rei did break his ribs. From his viewpoint, Rei looked completely normal like Amy, just a lot bigger.

"So," began Jack, "how's the weather up there?"

"Just fine," responded Rei. "Wanna see?"

Before Jack could respond to this, Rei lifted Jack up into the air and placed him on her shoulder. From there, Jack could see the entire neighborhood, although it wasn't exactly much to look at.

"So, uh, Rei..."

"Yes, Jack?"

"How do you feel?"

"Just fine, actually. I feel pretty much the same that I felt when I was 5 feet tall."

"Very good! How about you, Amy?"

"Just fine," responded the blue-haired giantess. This was great news for Jack. Unlike the first test of the serum, the second one was going off without a hitch.

Of course, Serena didn't want to be left out of the fun. So it came as no surprise to Jack when she went over to the feet of Amy and Rei and began begging Jack for the serum.

"Please, I'll be good! I really will!"

"I already said NO!"

"Oh come on! You made Rei and Amy huge! And Rei broke your ribs." That reminder made Rei shudder a little.

"Yeah," responded Jack, "but you tried to kill me, and Rei, and Amy!"

"But I'll be good this time! PLEASE?!?" shouted Serena. Finally Jack had enough.

"ALRIIIIGHT!!!" he angrily shouted at the top of his lungs. "JESUS!! If it will shut you up then here!!" Rei put Jack down and Jack began walking up to Serena when a thought hit him.

"Serena... if I give you the serum then you'll grow and rip my Led Zeppelin shirt to shreds." Jack said. Serena smiled. Rei and Amy didn't want Serena to transform but they couldn't stop her. She tossed Jack his shirt. It landed on his head shielding his eyes.

"Moon Crystal Power!" shouted Serena as she transformed into Sailor Moon. Jack took his Led Zeppelin shirt off his head and saw Serena in Sailor Moon's outfit. He smacked himself in the head then gave her the vile. Serena drank it and like the others became fifty feet tall.