- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

It was eerie quiet. I couldn’t see anything. Nothing could be felt. Where was I?

 

The last thing I knew, I was in the elevator on the way to my class. The elevator abruptly came to a halt and the lights went out. “No worries”, I thought, being in this situation before. I reached forward to where the buttons were to press for the telephone to the help line, but nothing was there. No wall, no buttons; nothing.

 

I sat down on the floor of the elevator. It felt slightly different to what I had known it to be – not that I took any notice before, but it seemed to be slightly more…plush, if anything. Not questioning the comfort of the carpet given the situation, I sat there wondering what was going on and where I was. I quickly went to sleep, being tired from completing the assessment piece from last night.

 

I woke up to a vibration across the ground. “Whaa….earthquake?!” I yelled, as I tried to brace myself as best as possible against…well, anything that I could find. I ran in the darkness, not caring where I ended up – I just needed something. Being surprised at how large this room was, I suddenly whacked into something and fell on the floor. The earthquake was still coming, yet it seemed to pulse like a heartbeat. Finally finding something, I tried to grab on to whatever was in front of me, but found it difficult to grip it’s smooth surface. The earthquakes were getting more intense. I needed to secure myself to whatever this was, before I get injured.

 

Then, a loud creaking sound. “Was that a building collapsing?” I thought, still not being able to see anything. For not a second later, a blinding light pierced my eyes and whited out everything. “Holy shit, I’m dead!” I thought, as the blinding white light could only mean one thing. I let go of what I was trying to hang on to, thinking that it didn’t matter any longer. The earthquakes were getting more intense and more frequent. I couldn’t hear anything else. Was I really dead, or is this something else?

 

I’m beginning to become accustom to this bright light. Things are slowly becoming to fruition around me. What I was grabbing onto seemed to be….a large pillar? It seemed to extend upwards longer than anything I’ve ever seen. At the top was a sort of roof, but it was unlike any roof I’ve ever seen before. Somehow, this structure is resisting this loud and very intense earthquake.

 

Suddenly, without warning, it all shifted to one direction. And what my eyes managed to see after that was unimaginable – but then it all made sense.

 

Two tall columns of never-ending denim stretched upwards and joined at a flowing white button up shirt. Two mounds blocked whatever else was above of that, but a few stray strands of dark brown hair were scattered among the shirt. A large black surface blocked my view momentarily, and a suddenly found the source of the earthquakes – two large silver ballerina flats landed either side of me, quietly housing what I assume were a pair of the largest feet I’ve ever seen. The structure – which I can now safely say was a chair – returned to its former position and came towards me as this giantess nestled on the huge chair.

 

The assumption about her having the largest feet I’ve ever seen was proven correct, as her left heel popped out of the flat. It was slightly red – from the walk across the campus, I assumed – and had a slight shine to it. I could only guess that it was a light film of sweat from walking in the surprisingly hot day in the middle of the fall. The rest of the foot followed in a spectacular fashion, then moved over to the other flat to allow the other foot to emerge from its sheltered position, in equal fashion. Each foot pushed the flat forward slightly (to her perspective), then swung back to meet each other’s ankle as they became crossed, right over left.

 

This has all became something of a dream; impossible for it to be reality. But the miniscule details in her foot and her smooth sole, the slight vibrations as she softly tapped the floor with her toe, the subtle smell wafting from her now vacant flat – this was too real. And if this is real, then I’m in danger out here. I have to do something. Anything.

 

I had to contact her, somehow.

 

-----

 

Victoria sighed as she went up the stairs in her building. She had just walked across campus on a very hot day because her friend, Amy, had told her to meet up in a room for a study session. She didn’t really want to hang around the campus any longer, already being here for a good few hours and writing down notes for lectures. She just wanted to go home and prop her feet up and relax in front of the television. “I hope she’s actually going to study and not bitch about her life”, Victoria thought as she reached the floor that Amy told her to meet in.

 

She opened the door of the what seemed to be a vacant class room, and turned the light on. As she sat down at one of the desks, she felt relieved that she was able to air out her feet without worrying about anyone commenting on the smell. She crossed her feet at the ankles underneath her chair and started to get a few books out.

 

“Where are you, Amy?”

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Let me know what you think, feel free to review!