- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Ayuka addresses the students after a handful of them 'disappear' and tries to keep everyone calm...

    There was a rally going on at Suzaka Academy as Izoku, Hitoshi, Tarou, and Sei were deep in conversation from within the log. The problem that Izoku had mentioned was about to make itself apparent. As soon as the problem had appeared, Principle Ayuka had immediately called all of the students to the front gates, so she could address them about the issue at hand, and what was to be done, at least that she wanted all of the students to know about what was to be done about everything.

    The students gathered before her were all female students. There were 31 students present, set into three separate groups. Umi was among the group of mages, furthest to the left of Ayuka, Rui among the group of stealthy thief-fighters, and Hiromi among the group of Warriors. Everyone was bustling with activity as Ayuka came to her position in front of them. They were all gossiping about what was going on, and what was going to be done about it. As they were talking, however, Ayuka pushed herself forward and quieted them all down.

    “Everyone, calm down! When I call for attention, I want calm!” Her voice was sent through the area, which calmed most of them down, but the situation at hand was too stressing for some people not to ask questions. One of the students immediately spoke up. “...but Ayuka-sensei, all of the boys at the academy are gone!” Then, another joined into the conversation. “What is this? Some kind of big, sexist joke?!” Then, another. “Is this some sort of new training exercise?” They were getting very curious, and those ideas were escalating matters.

    The people were getting ready to panic. Ayuka sighed to herself, thinking that's exactly what she can't have them do. No matter what was going on, she needed to remain a firm leader and keep all of her students calm. “Please, quiet! I promise you there's nothing to be worried about. What's happening right now is just a short-term event.” She paused a few moments, trying to think of something to tell them. How, exactly, could she just make an excuse for why every single male at the entire academy was suddenly gone?

    After a moment, she did think of something. “I sent all of the boys...out. They were sent up north to help Tarou, Hitoshi, and Sei with a routine investigation. They were in need of assistance, and I thought I would reward all you girls by not making you trudge up there with them. That's all that's going on. They're on a very large-scale investigation, and it may take time for them to finish it.” She stopped speaking, hoping that this excuse she'd just given the girl would be good enough for them. It wasn't a wonderfully logical answer, but it was an answer.

    Much to her expectations, it was not. Hiromi immediately spoke up, questioning her excuse. “...but sensei, why would you only send the male teachers and students? I believe I speak for most of us here when I say that that's hard logic to follow.” Another student found this as a window of opportunity to chime in as well. “...and so suddenly, sensei? They all practically vanished out of nowhere!” These kids would be hard to convince that there was nothing wrong with the current situation. Ayuka started to get frustrated for all of them to question what she was saying, despite knowing that there was, indeed, something wrong.

    “That is enough!” she yelled towards them. “Understanding is not a requisite for obeying my orders. I will personally punish anyone and everyone who spreads rumors about this matter. Just let it be!” Her face immediately went from looking stern to looking needy. She stared past the students, into the wilderness beyond the academy. She was thinking about Hitoshi, Tarou, and Sei. She thought that it had been a bad idea to have sent him out on this investigation. The weight of all this was getting to be too much for her. She needed help.

    Trying to brighten up everyone's spirits, Ayuka went forward with her little 'excuse' and tried to cheer the girls up. “While all the boys are out on their mission, we have the academy to ourselves! It is the perfect opportunity for a little girl-time! I did all this so you ladies could enjoy yourselves for awhile without having to worry about the guys. Just try to relax until they come back, alright?” Umi, in particular, stared towards Ayuka, feeling uneasy about all of this. She had a feeling something bad was going to happen. Had something happened to Hitoshi and the others? What was this really about?

    Back in the log, Izoku had just finished explaining the situation at hand. Masako had gone into the campus and stolen the Macroforce from every last male student and teacher that was around. Sei was, for one, weirded out by this. “ALL the guys? What is that bitch trying to accomplish by only stealing the size of the males on campus?” His question lingered through the air, as Izoku spoke further on the matter. “I cannot say. Masako is strange and quirky like that. One by one, she cornered them in isolation and took their size. I can only imagine that her plan was to sow panic and confusion.”

    Hitoshi didn't like this. They were too late. Masako had already gotten to the academy, before they could even get there. “...but if all of the men are missing,surely the girls will come looking to try to figure out what happened!” Surely Hiromi and the others would be heading towards the Shrine to find out what was going on. Izoku shook his head on the matter, taking away that possibility, at least for now. “I'm afraid not. Your principal is doing everything in her power to ensure that there is no suspicion or panic. Another cover-up. However, I don't know how long she will be able to make this one last.”

    The situation was bad, a lot worse than they'd hoped. Tarou looked to Hitoshi and asked him what he wanted to do about all this. As the four of them looked at one another, Izoku spoke up again. “After having their size taken from them, I tried as hard as I could to gather your classmates and escort them to safety. I need to escort you there as well. We need a plan.” Sei looked at the newcomer and at the rest of them, not having a better idea. “That makes sense, I guess. We aren't going to accomplish anything by sitting in this log. However, we have questions, buddy. Lots of them.”

    Izoku nodded towards say, agreeing that they had questions and that they would be answered. “Of course. Now, we need to be off. I will take you to your classmates. Class is in session right now, so the danger of this trek will be minimal.” Joining him, Hitoshi looked towards the exit. “I Hope you are right, Izoku-san. I also hope...we're not too late to change things.” The four of them then headed out of the log, and towards the gates of the academy...