- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Yep, another story, I've got all these ideas, and I wanna try em' out before I forget,  I'll see if this one sticks.

//Entry 001//

Date: 2/21/12

Time: 8:30 pm

I suppose I should start at the beginning right? That’s how these things go I guess, I’m new to the journal thing okay, not even sure who’ll read this, probably just me, but since things have gotten so weird, I figured I’d leave a record of how they were from my perspective. Okay, so…the beginning was…when I was chosen. Now I’m not sure I it was fate, if like, the universe was involved or some crazy shit like that, I’m not a huge believer in destiny and stuff, so yeah, I don’t know why I was chosen by “Them”, and by “Them”, I mean “The Ashen”.

See, The Ashen showed up one day in earth’s orbit, literally out of nowhere, we didn’t know they were there until they were close enough to see, and they land at every capital of every city on every continent. Seriously intimidating.  So these guys come waltzing out of their ships, which look like pyramids, (I have theories I’ll touch on later I’m sure), and they demand to speak with our leaders, worldwide. The Ashen kinda look like us, cept’ they’ve all got bright yellow eyes, gray pale skin, and most of them float around in golden medieval armor, it’s actually pretty cool to watch.

So they call this huge meeting with the league of Nations, and then they drop the bomb,(not literally). They tell us all that they lived on earth long before we did, and that they left just as Human’s were starting to prosper, something about them believing the world would be destroyed by some kind of solar flare, I’m a little fuzzy on the details.

So they left us, (humanity) to die on this rock, and decided they would return when Earth became hospitable again. Well the solar flare didn’t happen, and Humanity survived and prospered, (I’m sure you knew that much). And all was happy for us.

Well, The Ashen want earth back, and they’re willing to fight us for it.

Let me be clear, we cannot afford a fight with these guys, (and girls, they have women too). The Ashen must be ten times as technologically advanced as us. Luckily, we as humans,(a peaceful race by nature *cough cough*), insist that we can all live together in sunshine and happiness.

The Ashen are skeptical, they don’t really like us, I guess were kinda like insects to them or something. They aren’t sure that our two species can exist together. So that’s when they propose the “Conduit theory”. A human, chosen at random, will have his or her DNA infused with what The Ashen call “Mana”, the source of their life, (aka. Ashen DNA). That human/Ashen will then be studied and questioned and observed to see if a combination of our species is truly possible.

Of course, our leaders offered up candidates who they felt would be the most worthy to represent us as a species, and who could blame them? They didn’t want some idiot deciding whether or not we went to war with an Alien race.

The Ashen insisted it be a random selection, so that we could truly be judged.

Guess who got chosen? Yeah…me….

I didn’t even know what was going on, I felt like my eyes were on fire, like there was the intense pressure behind them, I got serious cotton mouth, and then I blacked out.

Now let me explain the expected changes were already calculated by The Ashen; a boost in strength, agility, reflexes, a heightening of all senses, total awareness of everything around me, a change in eye color, and behavior modifications, but guess what wasn’t on that damn list of theirs? Shrinking.

Yeah, I blacked out at 6 feet tall, and I woke up at two inches.

My mom freaked, the media freaked, I freaked.

How was I supposed to represent our race at two inches tall?

How the hell could I continue my normal life?

The Ashen had no answers, and insisted we continue as planned, despite my change in size.

So yeah, that’s my life now, I’m the shrunken kid all over the news, and I’ve got super powers now, which would be great at normal size, and once a week I take a trip to The Ashen capital ship “Sunbreaker”, and they study me. The government says the effects should only last as long as The Ashen need them too.

Somehow that doesn’t comfort me.

Tomorrow I’ll resume high school after about a month, figured I’d leave this in case I get stepped on, heh, anyways, I should probably be getting some sleep now, big day after all, heh,  big.

My Name is Jake woods, and I am the Conduit.

//end//