- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Tara starts asking Lucy what the cake is for when she realizes it's not for eating that day...

Lucy seemed to laugh at Tara a lot. Ever since they'd met, it was like some sort of comedy act with her. Half the things Tara did, or got into, made her start laughing her butt off. A lot of those scenarios had to do with food as well. French Toast sticks, cake mix, and now the cake, itself. Even without the constant love and affection, Tara could keep Lucy smiling all day long, just from the little, funny messes she gets into. Their life together was absolutely wonderful. It was always filled with smiling and joy, so long as the two of them were together.

On Tara's half, she was blushing from Lucy's reaction, tied with the colorful taste that was filling her system from the cake. She pulled the piece away and looked at her big girlfriend, chewing up a mouthful of cake. “Weryughluffinath?” she asks, trying to say “What are you laughing at?” She has learned the obvious lesson of why we don't talk with our mouth full of food. Even simple statements come out as complete gibberish and it just made Lucy laugh harder. She was creating an enormous comedic scenario, and she didn't even realize it. She put her hands on her hips as she started to swallow some of the food.

As soon as she got the cake swallowed, she was about to call up to Lucy about the laughing, but she took too much in and her body reacted, keeping her from doing what she originally intended to. A slow, prolonged burning sensation began to show itself in her throat as heartburn reared it's ugly head. She held her hand to her chest and looked down at the ground, taking deep breaths for a moment. Shaking her head, she waited for it to pass. By the time she looked back up, Lucy was looking down, asking her if she was alright.

Lucy cared so much about her, going from laughing to immediate worry and concern. She nodded, confirming that she was just fine. She had a few other things on her mind, though. She was thinking about the laughing situation, but there was more to do with this cake situation, wasn't there? What were they going to do with the cake? Were they going to eat it for dinner that night? She had no idea what the purpose of it was, assuming there even was a deeper purpose. Tara's birthday was in a couple days. Was it a birthday cake? Tara shook her head, mentally, pushing that idea out. Lucy would have told her if it was for her birthday. But then, what was it for?

“So, Lucy...” she started, thinking about the cake, and what Lucy had in mind for it. “The cake tastes delicious! What are we gonna do with it now? Decorate it? Eat it? Oh! Can we eat it tonight, with dinner?” Tara was acting excited, and this had the complete opposite effect on Lucy. Tara wanted to eat the cake that night, and that was the last thing Lucy wanted to do with it. She gave Tara a nervous smile and saw the girl about to launch herself into it. “W-wait!” she called out, setting her palm in front of Tara, ensuring that she wouldn't be jumping into a cake anytime soon.

Tara had almost run into Lucy's hand, but stopped at the last second. “What?” asked Tara, curious. She was about to jump into the cake, but she stopped her. “The cake isn't for tonight! I want to have it later on this week.” Lucy was trying to think of some way of getting Tara to refrain from eating the cake, but without lying to her about it's true purpose. This would take some skillful wording, to be sure. “Huh? Later on this week? Why? What's the special occasion later on?” Tara's curiosity was throwing words out in the worst possible way. Worst for Lucy, anyways. She didn't want to have to tell Tara that it was for her birthday, but she was making it harder and harder, as the minutes pass by.

“Well, the occasion is, um...” Lucy was having a hard time thinking about this situation. Tara knew that her birthday was in a few days. She had to know about it. She couldn't throw out some big special occasion and then expect Tara to not think it was for her birthday. Although Tara was tiny, she didn't get any less smart than she was when she was at normal height. She's know something was up. She had to think of something, and she had to think of it now. “W-Well, Tara. I have a meal planned later this week that the cake will be perfect for. I wanted to make it today, though, because I was excited about doing this with you. It just won't go as well with tonight's meal.”

“Well, why don't you just make that tonight?” Tara asked, pushing the topic further and further. It was like she was backing Lucy into a corner, trying to make her serve the cake that night. She knew she couldn't, though. She was starting to heat up. She felt sweat producing on her forehead, and her cheeks started to redden. She didn't know what to do. How could she justify postponing this cake thing without spilling the beans about the party? She was thinking harder and harder, and then it hit her. The perfect idea to both postpone it and get Tara away from her so she could decorate the place on her birthday.

“I...want to set up a special dinner for you, to kinda...take you out on a date!” She blurted out her answer, blushing as much as she could as she looked down at Tara, whom was in a state of shock. Her jaw had dropped and her arms fell down to her sides. “Y-You...want to...what?” she asked, nervous. Lucy looked down at her again and smiled. “We've been together for almost a month, so I want to have a little date with you, Tara, to celebrate us being together for a month. Besides...I've always wanted to cook a special dinner for someone, like this. I want you to be that someone.”

Tara didn't know what to say. She was still in shock, but her cheeks were blushing a little bit, too. She hovered up a little bit and flew into Lucy's lips, giving her a kiss. “I would love to go on a date with you, Lucy. I would love to. When do you want this dinner?” Lucy kissed back at her little girlfriend as she heard her asking about the dinner. “Oh, a few days from now would be good. That's when I was planning it, anyways.” The two then had a happy moment together, despite the fact that Lucy had changed Tara's party into a date, in a way. They discussed this date, without Lucy spilling too much information, before putting the cake away and heading off for other tasks for the day...