- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Tara continues putting ingredients into the bowl until Lucy is in need of her help...

“How'd you do that?!” Lucy's question was moving through the air, her mind extremely curious on what had just happened. Tara obviously used the Arte, but she'd never seen anything like that before. The egg completely shattered in the air, the contents fell into the bowl, and then the egg shell completely reformed, not a single scratch on it. It looked as it nothing had been done to it at all, yet the contents were still in the bowl, and Tara was still holding the perfectly-sealed egg shell in her arms. It had been, for lack of a better word, amazing.

Tara looked down at the egg shell, and then back towards Lucy, her body still being held in the air. She wasn't sure just how to explain this to Lucy. It was hard to explain, since not even she knew just what happened there. “I...I'm not sure, Lucy!” she said, wanting to be honest with her. She looked up at Lucy, and Lucy down at her, both glancing at the egg and then back at each other. “I just really wanted to get the egg cracked, and something just took over! I guess...my abilities were reacting and expanding to my wishes, or something like that!”

They didn't know what happened, but what they did know was that the egg was now safely in the mixing bowl, ready to have other ingredients mixed in with it. Slowly setting Tara down on the table, Lucy smiled and ruffled her hair a little bit with her finger. “Well, whatever it is was really cool, and you got the egg cracked just fine! I'm proud of you, Tara.” This compliment made Tara's face blush a little bit, watching Lucy move around, grabbing the bottle of vegetable oil and pouring some into the bowl, with the egg. “Aw...it did look kinda cool, didn't it?”

Lucy giggled at the little amount of ego that was trying to get thrown out from Tara's mouth. She'd deserved to have that moment, though. She immediately nodded to her as she put the oil away. “You bet it was! You think we can get some more of that Cool over here, to put this small cup of milk in the bowl?” Tara looked over, seeing a small measuring cup that was half-filled with milk. She was still opening up the bag of cake mix, and was asking for Tara to come over there and help put more ingredients into the cake. “Oh, sure!” she replied, setting the eggshell down and coming over to the cup.

Tara came over to the cup of milk and took a look at it. The cup was nearly as tall as she was, so she wouldn't be able to just grab onto the handle and pick it up. It was more likely that that cup would be picking her up. So, thinking about how to do this, she clicked her heels together, and began to hover in the air, still next to the cup. She looked and saw that Lucy was still busy, so she waved her hands at the cup, bringing a soft glow around it and bringing it up in the air, right next to her. It was amazing that the Arte could give her so much more strength than she'd normally have. She smiled as she slowly hovered towards the bowl, the cup next to her the entire time.

Finally getting over the top of the bowl, Tara's hands reached in the direction of the cup. Her hand was completely vertical, for a moment and she slowly began to turn it counter-clockwise, moving towards a horizontal stance. As her hand was moving, the cup moved in synch with it. As they both slowly turned, a stream of milk poured out of the cup and, by the time Tara's hand was completely horizontal, all of the milk had been poured into the bowl, mixing up with the egg and vegetable oil. Moving her hand again, Tara returned the cup to where it once was and turned to find Lucy still struggling with the bag.

Lucy's face wasn't even on Tara and her task. She had her hands against the bag, trying to rip it open. It had nearly completely come out of the box by the time that Tara noticed how much trouble she was having. Her hands and arms were swinging around as she was getting more and more frustrated with it. “Come on. Come on, open! COME ON!” As she took one last swing, Tara hovered to the side as the box flew past her, hitting the floor and sliding to the other side of the room. They both saw this and Lucy stopped. Tara looked at her, and she had blinked, once.

Coming closer, Tara came right in front of the bag and looked up at her big girlfriend. “Would you like some help, Lucy?” Lucy was still looking at her, and then looked off at the box, then back to her again. She was thinking it. The bag was being so frustrating for her, that she could probably use a little help, opening it up. Sighing for a moment, she looked at Tara again, agreeing that she did need it. “Y-Yeah...I'm just having some trouble with this stupid bag, Tara. If you could help me get it open, that would be great.”

Bringing a toothed smile to her face, Tara moved around to one of the flaps on the bag and gripped onto them, with her hand hands. She looked at Lucy, loving the fact that she needed her. She loved to depend on Lucy for stuff, but the fact that Lucy needed her, and could not do this without her made her feel a little warm inside. It was nice to be loved, and for your loved one to show you that they need you. “Okay...one 3, okay?” said Tara, to Lucy, whom was grabbing the other side of the bag. She acknowledged and then began the countdown. “Okay...one.......two.....THREE!”

The two yanked as hard as they could, until a ripping did take place. As soon as the box opened, a huge cloud of white smoke filtered into the air, causing Tara to lose her grip and fall to the table. As she landed, Lucy was coming around to see if she was okay. Getting up, though, she called up to her. “Don't worry. I'm okay. I'm...Lucy?” She had a confused look on her face, hearing Lucy not asking her if she was alright, but laughing at her. “Lucy!” she said. “What's so funny?!” Lucy pulled out a little pocket mirror and held it in front of Tara's face, revealing that the white dust had colored her entire face pale white. She looked to Lucy, whom was still laughing, and then to the mirror, getting a smile on her face.

Every day had it's share of laughter...