- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Tara and Lucy get back to the kitchen, Lucy patching her friend up before the cake begins...

The situation had turned itself around, for both Lucy and Tara. They went from being incredibly nervous and a mix of feelings of curiosity and embarrassment to being completely void of those feelings. Well, most of the feelings were gone, anyways. After Tara had bumped her head against the doorway, both of them were more focused on each other and Lucy taking care of Tara than the reasons either of them had actually been in that room, to retrieve the cake mix and to check up on Lucy, looking to see where she was getting the cake mix from. Things had definitely changed around.

Tara's forehead was completely red, as Lucy could see as she wiped her thumb against it. She'd created quite the bump from the reaction her body had to the situation. She felt bad that she'd been spying on Lucy, but this situation wasn't terribly bad. She was now being carried around the house, back to the kitchen, a warm, comfy finger stroking across her head, sending chills through her system, Lucy's love and worry for her unmatched by anything. Her head still hurt and she could feel a headache coming on, but as of right now, it seemed like it was worth it.

The main problem of this situation wouldn't arise until they got back to the kitchen. As much as they both had completely avoided and moved away from their real intentions for that room, they both had curiosity and questions towards one another. Tara still wanted to know why Lucy had gone into the closet to get the cake mix, and Lucy still wanted to know whether she'd seen anything or not. Past the protectiveness she was showing for the girl, she was a little worried about what she'd seen. Was Tara spying on her in that room, or had she just accidentally hit the doorway on her way to ask about the ingredient locations?

She had no idea which idea was true, but what she did know was that Tara was a little hurt right now and the best choice was to just walk back to the kitchen and take care of her as best she could until they could start baking this cake. She still had the cake mix, pushed against her arm and had every intention of making that cake with Tara, as soon as they were finished up with getting back and making sure she was okay. Fortunately for her and the situation, they were soon walking back inside the kitchen and had reached the table, where the mixing bowl and some of the ingredients were waiting for them.

Stopping at the table, she let the box of mix fall down into the mixing bowl and then proceeded over to the counter, where the sink was. Next to the sink was a soft, white towel, which she set Tara down on. “Rest here for a moment, my darling. How is your head feeling?” As she waited for an answer from Tara, she started to cut up a wash cloth into one, long strand, and run cold water under it. She had a little plan on how to help Tara keep her head safe and let it cool down from the bumpy situation it had with the wall. After running water across it, she opened a drawer to the side and pulled out a thin, small rubber band.

“It's not too bad, Lucy. I'm alright.” said Tara, sitting up from her position on the towel. She could see Lucy making something, presumably for her, but she wasn't about to just tell her not to. She knew Lucy all too well. Like her, if there was something that she felt needed to be done for their significant other, they were going to do it. Besides, what could Tara possibly do to stop her? Try to hold back one of her ten fingers to keep her from partially making it? She couldn't exactly use the Arte on her or anything. She wouldn't feel right in using her abilities to keep Lucy from helping her.

Before long, Lucy had turned back, the rubber band in one hand and the piece of wash cloth in the other. It looked damp, but wasn't dripping wet. Lucy brought it forward and began to wrap it around Tara's head as she spoke to the girl. “This should help with that bump, as well as soften any future bumps you might have. Your aim with your flying was a little off today, my dear. You must be careful, from now on!” Lucy had a smile on her face and Tara giggled, both from what she had said and from the cold, goose bump-friendly feeling she got when she felt the cold, wet piece of cloth on her head.

Before long, Lucy had wrapped the cloth around her head and secured it on with the rubber band. Tara then got up and allowed Lucy to carry her back over to the table, to honor her wishes of being more careful, for the time being. “Thanks, Lucy. Sorry about this little side-trip you've had to make for me. We should be making our cake, not taking care of me!” Lucy smiled and nodded. “Well, maybe, but I like taking care of you, sweetie. You're my girlfriend, and I need to be able to take care of you. Besides, it won't take that long for us to make a cake. We've got plenty of time to spare, today!”

Tara soon felt a finger come and pat her on the head as Lucy finished her statement. She didn't mind that Lucy wanted to take care of her. In fact, at times, it was really nice to just be taken care of by her big girl. The protective aura that Lucy sent off when she was doing this, or when she was sleeping on Lucy's body was really nice. It felt like nothing could happen to her while Lucy was around. It was like Lucy was her great protector, a giant girlfriend that wouldn't let anything bad happen to her. She always took in that love and affection, though didn't lose sight of other things going on.

As she was set down on the table, she picked an egg up in her hands and smiled up to Lucy. “Yes, we do! Thanks a lot for taking such good care of me. Now, let's get cooking. The sooner we do this, the sooner we have some delicious cake left-overs to eat, right?!” Lucy couldn't do anything but smile. She picked up the box of mix in her hand and started to look at the directions. “That's right! Just don't go overboard, Tara. This is a team effort! I will not have you making it all. No ma'am! We'll both work hard. Deal?”

“Deal!” replied Tara, waddling around, trying to hold the egg in her arms, without the aid of her abilities...