- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Lucy suggests to Tara that she stay home and do some things on her own while Lucy goes out to do a little shopping...

It had not taken the two of them terribly long to finish their breakfast. Tara was the first one finished, surprisingly. She, unlike Lucy, didn't have a whole lot of stuff on her mind about hiding and about birthday parties and everything else. She did feel very curious and strange about the fact that Lucy was hiding something from her, but she believed her when she said that whatever it was wasn't bad. She trusted Lucy and, although she didn't like the fact that she was keeping secrets, she didn't want to burden her further. By the looks in her eyes when she was eating, she could tell that whatever this was, was something that she didn't want to keep from her.

She leaned back against the chair, patting on her stomach, completely full from the amount of food she'd eaten. Lucy always made great food, and she always ate more than she really should have. It was a wonder she wasn't blowing up like a balloon for how much she was spoiled from their cooking. Whether it was breakfast, lunch, or dinner, every meal was wonderfully and special, seeing as how they both always worked hard to make it. Looking back at Lucy, whom was cleaning up her own plate, Tara smiled. “Thanks for breakfast, Lucy. It was wonderful.”

Lucy smiled as she picked up the two plates and headed back towards the counter, where the sink was located. She reached the counter and set the dishes in the sink, to be washed later, when they normally washed the dishes together. By the time she'd turned around to go back for Tara, Tara was already there and on her shoulder, dangling and swinging her boot-clad legs in the air, smiling up at Lucy. “So, Lucy, what are our plans for today?” The sorceress let out a cute smile as she asked Lucy what they had planned for the day. Lucy smiled back as she thought about it.

She did have a few plans made for the day. Not everything was ready for the little party Lucy had planned, so they needed to head into town to get some more supplies. Of course, Lucy would need to find an excuse to go to the store, so she could keep all of this a secret. There was also the problem of Tara being with her at the store, seeing her buying all of this stuff. They didn't need any more groceries, so it would be hard for Lucy to hide the contents of the supplies in the cart, were Tara to go along with her. She thought about the situation for a few minutes, but suddenly thought of something that might eliminate the possibility of Tara being there to see everything.

She was curious as to what, exactly, she could do to say this. Her plans were to have Tara staying home for awhile, while she would go and get the supplies from the store. She just needed something for Tara to do at home, while she was away. She would normally be a little sketchy on leaving the sorceress by herself, given her size, but Tara had more than proved that she could handle most things on her own. She'd be fine for an hour or so, while Lucy was off, getting the last of her decorations and supplies for the party. She just had to convince Tara to stay home and do something.

Lucy walked back over to the table and looked at Tara, smiling, softly patting on her head, brushing her hair to the side as they looked at one another in the mirror, trying to stall and think of something she could tell the girl. “So cute.” In the process, Tara was blushing and pushing up against that finger. Lucy hadn't said a word. She just started brushing on her hair. “S-Stop! Luuuucy! You're embarrassing me! What are your plans for today?” Lucy's smile faded and she pulled her finger away from her embarrassed girlfriend as she figured out what she could say.

“Sorry, Tara!” she said, her face getting a little red, smiling at the recent memory of brushing along the girl's hair. Although she'd used it to stall for time, she did enjoy it a lot. Tara was nothing short of adorable, and she loved looking at her. Getting to the point, she started talking to her. “Well, Tara...I have a few things that I need to run up and get from the store today. So, I was thinking that I could head up there this morning, and you could stay here and do something for me.” Lucy was hoping Tara would accept this, but wasn't expecting her to.

Tara blinked and looked at Lucy, confused. “You want me to...stay here, Lucy?” She wasn't sure why Lucy wouldn't want to take her with her to the store. She always went to the store with her and helped her pick the best food and items to bring home with them. Of course, they'd just been to the store a few days ago, so what did Lucy need to get? Could it have something to do with the secret she was keeping from her. “What would you like me to do here, by myself?” She tried not to sound like she was guilt-tripping Lucy for leaving her there, but it came out in that sort of manner.

Lucy used her finger to pat Tara on the head. “I'm sorry, Tara. It's not like I want you to be alone or anything. I just need to grab a few things. I won't be long. Besides, you've wanted to be able to do a log of stuff on your own, right? While I'm gone, I'd like you to show me all you can do on your own! You can do a couple things that I didn't finish doing earlier. You know, finish making the bed and, since I made breakfast by myself, I thought that you might making lunch yourself, and anything else you've wanted to do, on your own, since all of this began. Would that be okay?”

Tara wasn't sure what to make of Lucy's idea. While she did feel a need for independence, at times, and wanted to prove herself to Lucy, it almost felt like she was giving her chores, so she wouldn't ask and go with her to get whatever all of this was. Letting out a soft sigh, she smiled and nodded towards her. “Alright, Lucy, it's a deal. You can go off to the store by yourself, but only if you promise to snuggle with me in your robe tonight before bed, okay?”

Lucy smiled and nodded towards her, slowly picking her up and setting her down on the table. “You bet, Tara. We'll snuggle a lot tonight, promise.” She then leaned over and let her lips graze into Tara's face, giving her a kiss. “Take care while I'm away, sweetie. I'll be back before you know it!” Tara smiled and nodded as she saw Lucy grabbing her purse and heading out the door. She waved to her, though she really didn't want her to go...