- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Tara wakes up to find herself at the dinner table, Lucy preparing breakfast as a few questions roamed the sorceress' mind...

The two of them had sat down for breakfast. By the time Tara had awakened from what happened earlier, Lucy had already gotten two matching sets of clothes out and dressed both of them. Tara had awakened, sitting on a pile of towels they had placed on one of the chairs, so she could sit in a chair and be at the table for dinner, as if there weren't anything wrong with her size and she could sit on her own. The towels were soft and comfy, so she almost didn't realize where she was at first. She was dressed in her normal set of red robes, and she saw Lucy at the table, wearing similar robes that she'd made for herself.

Tara was confused, at first. She tried to think about what had happened before. She remembered her having to get Lucy up, as she always did, they took a bath, then they were getting ready to get dressed. It took her a few minutes to remember. She couldn't quite remember what happened after that, so she started doing their regular routine in her head as she tried to think of what had happened. Lost in a day dream, she was taken by surprise as a plate made a metallic clanging noise right in front of her. She nearly jumped out of her chair as she saw Lucy at the end of the table, smiling.

Lucy started giggling and laughing at seeing her little Tara jumping around. The fact that she'd jumped was incredibly funny. It wasn't the first time she'd managed to scare her like that, but seeing that tiny little girl jump was absolutely hilarious. It was like having a miniaturized, little kitten around the house and accidentally scaring it to death, making it's skin crawl. Setting a chopped-off end of a chopstick next to Tara, she pat her on the head with her finger and apologized. “Sorry about that, Tara! I didn't mean to scare you like that!”

Catching her breath, Tara shook her head around, seeing her hair moving in front of her. She blinked as she saw her hair, but for a small glimpse. Her hand immediately went up to it and her fingers ran through it. As she felt it, she realized that it was soft and it was straight. She looked up at Lucy, whom was still smiling and shrugged her shoulders. “Yeah, sorry. That was me!” said the big girlfriend. “I kinda...took the liberty of brushing your hair while you were asleep. I hope you don't mind. Anyways, breakfast is ready. I made you some scrambled eggs and a pancake. I hope you like!”

Tara just blinked, again, and looked down at her breakfast. On a saucer-sized plate were dozens of tiny cut-ups of egg and pancake, arranged in lines and beside it, the small end of a chopstick, about an inch long. It was the utensil that Tara had been using for a good while now. It was relatively light, to her, and could easily be used to skewer and pick up soft foods for her to eat. They had incorporated the towel pile and the chopstick from Tara expressing that she'd like to eat like a normal person, rather than just having Lucy feed her all the time. She loved being fed the food, but you just can't be babied all the time. Tara was the older of the two, and wanted to still be able to live as 'normal' a life as she could.

She was thinking about what happened before as she slowly picked up her utensil and thanked Lucy for making her breakfast. They normally made breakfast together, but this time, it was all on Lucy. That's the way Lucy wanted it today, though. As she sat down at the other end of the table, she started eating her own breakfast and watched Tara. She wondered what was on her mind, hoping that it wasn't about earlier, when she'd told her not to go into the closet. Unfortunately for her, their minds were so alike that Tara immediately starting bringing up that very topic.

“So...Lucy, can I ask you a question?” Lucy, swallowing a bite of egg, responded to her, nodding her head. “Sure, Tara. What's on your mind?” Tara was in the middle of downing a large piece of egg. The thing about food for her was that a mouthful to her would barely be a scrap of food to Lucy. She'd taken a small scrap and it nearly filled her entire mouth. Forcing the egg down to her belly, she continued her conversation, inquiring about earlier. “Why don't you want me going into the closet? Is there something in there that you, um...want to hide from me?”

Lucy's gut immediately got a nervous stinging in it. The way Tara had worded it had nailed her right on the head. There was, indeed, something in the closet that she intended to hide from Tara. At least, for awhile. It was something that Tara absolutely could not see for right now, that Lucy didn't want her to find out about. Setting her fork down by her plate, she stared over at Tara, whom was staring back at her, her own utensil also down on the table. Lucy took a few deep breaths, trying to think of way to put this so she could keep her little secret, for now.

“Well, Tara...I...yes. I'm sorry, but yes, there is something in there that I want to hide from you.” She looked down at the table as soon as she'd said it, but quickly continued, not wanting Tara to get the wrong idea about things. “But don't misunderstand! It's something that's not going to be hidden forever! You'll find out about it very soon, I promise! I just...want to keep it a secret, for now. Is that...okay with you?” Tara blinked and looked at her. Lucy was getting all worked up over this. What, exactly,was she trying to hide?

She didn't know, but part of her didn't want to find out now. If keeping it a secret was so important to Lucy, then she would respect that. She nodded to her and smiled. “Alright, Lucy. That's okay with me, as long as this is nothing bad. It isn't, is it?” Lucy was very quick in her response, shaking her head. “No, no, no! It's nothing bad at all! Thanks, Tara” The two finished their conversation and continued to eat their breakfast. Lucy's stomach was calming down and she sighed, glad that she'd gotten through that. She didn't want Tara to find out that she'd been hiding decorations and a gift in the closet for the surprise birthday party she was planning for her later that week...