- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
HOTEL LILLIPUT, THE BAHAMAS,
MAY 20, 2009 (3:11 P.M./EST)
* * * * *

GLADYS CRABTREE'S P.O.V.

I don't know what happened right after Okada Takeo and I got stuffed down that Russian bee-yotch's cleavage. Partly, because we were wrapped up like mummies in those friggin' handkerchiefs. And, partly, because her tits were so close together the body heat made me pass out!

The next thing I knew, it was daylight. And, that over-endowed redhead is wakin' me up with a cold shower. . .in her bathroom sink.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

She laughed at how high-pitched my scream sounded to her giant-sized ears.

"It sounds like you have been snorting helium!"

I would have told her what I thought of her if my teeth hadn't been chatterin' like castanets from the cold. But, she must have seen that for herself. Because, she took me out of the sink and dried me off with a washcloth. Then, to cover up my nudity, below the waist, she gave me a red handkerchief to wear like a maxi-skirt. My upper torso, she forced me to keep naked. Especially, my breasts! Because, when I tried to cover them for lack of any bra, she shoved an unsharpened pencil across the small of my back, and under both my armpits. Securin' it in place with some tightly-wound elastic bands.

The humiliation didn't end there, though. Because, the next thing I knew? She was attachin' some near-invisible wires to that pencil, while attachin' the other ends to some cross-shaped pieces of wood. Then, she took out an old audiotape cassette, and put it inside an even older Panasonic cassette player!

She pressed the "play" button. . .and out came the openin' bars of Michael Jackson's "Thriller."

"Oh, God!" I muttered: "Please, tell me she ain't thinkin' what I think she's thinkin'."

That's _exactly_ what she was thinkin', though. Because, thirty seconds later, she was havin' me dance the marionette version of the Zombie Shuffle!

"You know, it's Thrillerrrrrrr! Thriller Night."

* * * * *

CAL-TECH (OFFICE OF HANA NOZAMA)
MAY 20, 2009 (12:20 P.M./PST)

NED FOGARTY'S P.O.V.

I gave Myron Meriwether a terse summary of what had happened. I then asked him what I should do when the local cops came to collect the evidence.

"Stay hidden, unless and until they find you," he replied: "Then, give them a slightly edited version of the truth. How you'll do that, specifically, I'll leave to your imagination. Your past articles for the L.A. PICAYUNE are certainly proof you have one!"

"Thanks...I think."

"When they call this number to verify your story," he continued (ignoring my sarcastic gratitude): "...we'll take over from there."

Less than five minutes after he hang up, I felt the purse being lifted up. Which naturally made all its contents suddenly lurch forward. Me, included!

This was followed by a massive swaying back and forth of the purse by whoever was now carrying it. Fortunately for my stomach, the swaying soon stopped. It was followed by the sound of two car doors being opened and closed...and the purse being jounced as it was put on the floor of somebody's front seat.

About twenty minutes later, the purse resumed lifting and swaying. Only to stop when it was deposited, left side down, atop some hard surface in what sounded like a crowded room. Then, it was lifted one last time...diagonally. So, that all its contents came spilling out. Including me!

And, that's how I got officially reacquainted with Lori Dillinger and Frankie Fernandez of the L.A.P.D.

tbc
Chapter End Notes:
"Thriller:" copyright Epic Records, 1982.