- Text Size +

Jake pressed his back against the cardboard surface of the tissue box behind him and shut his eyes.

God please don't let him find me! Jake thought fiercely.

Matt rummaged through a pile of folded clothes, muttering things like, “I'll finish what I started you little shit” and, “Nobody's gonna wonder where you went, they'll just think you got fucking squashed like a bug, maybe that's what I'll do”.

Jake nearly screamed when Matt's fingers gripped the table right in front of him, but luckily. he was just using it to steady himself as he crouched and searched beneath Jake's mother's bed.

I need to get out of the open, Jake decided. He rose slowly, putting his weight on his heels, and crawled away from the his giant hunter, who continued to sift through his aunt's and mother's belongings in a frantic and angry search for his prey.

Jake made his way quietly to the edge of the nightstand careful not tostep on the weakened and most likely squeaky wood,and peered over the edge. The fall was much too high for him to survive, he'd end up no more than a bloody stain.

Jake wanted to shout in frustration but didn't dare, he turned to check on Matt, who still searched for him elsewhere, his back turned thankfully.

I need something I can hide in... Jake decided, he searched the barren nightstand and came up with only one option, a disposable cup that his mother had set on the table the night before. He'd use the tissue box to as a boost to reach it's rim, and then climb over from there.

Jake crawled to the box of tissues and climbed on top of it, using a wadded up used tissue to block himself from Matt's view.

He judged the distance from himself to the cup's rim and decided he could make it. He jumped and threw his arm over the rim. The rim was slick with spit however, and he nearly fell. He grunted quietly and strained, his face turning purple, his eyes darted to where Matt continued searching, fearing he would hear. With enough effort Jake hoisted himself over the edge and balanced on the rim, breathing deep shallow breaths as quietly as he could manage.

When he was rested enough, Jake peered inside, there was a small amount of green fluid at the bottom.

Now...how to get in quietly? Jake thought to himself.

“ Need any help?” Matt's voice chilled Jake to the bone.

Not expecting an interruption, Jake was caught off guard, he panicked and fell into the cup, landing with a splash in a pool of minty green mouthwash that was probably more saliva than a product of hygene.

The smell overpowered his senses as he was drenched in the sticky fluid.

He stood quickly but was knocked back down as Matt lifted the cup and brought it beneath his face. He smiled as he observed Jake's tiny soaked body with a predatory grin.

“Well well, what do we have here?” He said playfully.

“What do you want Matt!?” Jake shouted, his voice breaking slightly.

Matt laughed, “Oh nothing, I'm just tying up loose ends!”

“Loose ends?” Jake repeated questioningly.

Matt's face faded from view and the cup began to shake as Matt carried it, and it's prisoner from the room.

Jake stumbled and fell back into the thick green pool beneath him. He was sloshed back and forth for a good minute or so before he reached his destination.The motion stopped as Matt set the cup down. From where he stood, Jake could see a shower curtain.

The Bathroom? Jake thought to himself.

He heard Matt lift the toilet seat and the cup took off again.

“Your just a stupid piece of shit Jake” Matt said as his face re-entered Jake's view. “And where does shit go?”

“w-wait...”Jake started, but he stopped as Matt tilted the cup slightly.

“Matt wait!” Jake screamed, slowing himself against the walls of the cup. He could now clearly see what Matt had in mind as he slowly slid toward the open toilet bowl below.

He heard Matt laugh as he tilted the cup further and flushed the toilet. Jake could see the vortex of swirling water that gurgled beneath him.

Jake managed to stop himself at the last possible second, his lower body dangled precariously over the edge.

“Matt stop! Please!” Jake screamed in terror as he kicked in an attempt to get his legs back inside the cup.

“Why should I?” Matt asked calmly, flushing again as the water slowed while Jake struggled for his life, “What will you give me?”

Jake's left arm slid from the edge of the cup thanks to all the mouthwash, and he was left dangling one armed above the whirlpool of water below. “Whatever you want!” Jake shouted back, nearly in tears.

Matt grinned, this being what he'd wanted all along.

“And you won't tell anyone about me and Brittany?”

“NO!” Jake shouted, his grip threatening to fail.

Matt calmly swung his arm over his open hand, Jake fell into his palm rather than the toilet.

Jake quickly shook the sticky liquid from his hair, his heart still pounding.

“Whatever I want huh?” He said, watching Jake shake himself off in his hand. An evil smile spread across his face. “I might just hold you to that kid.”

Jake looked as I his very will to fight had been crushed at that.

What the hell am I gonna do now?

Matt closed the lid and tossed the cup in the trash and left, Jake in hand.

He carried Jake downstairs, sliding him onto his pocket as he neared other members of the family. He greeted a few of them warmly, as if nothing was wrong, and continued on. Jake heard a door open and close, a light turn on, and then he was freed from his pocket prison.

The room he was in was almost completely devoid of anything. The walls, ceiling and floor were all made of concrete, there was no window, only a bed, a dresser, and a closet that Jake doubted had anything in it. An uncovered light bulb glowed dimly, providing the only light in the room and giving off a low buzzing sound.

“Where are we?” Jake asked slowly from the center of Matt's gigantic hand.

“Heh, your new home Bug.” Matt answered dryly.

He carried Jake to the dresser and opened the top drawer, inside where a few socks and a pair or two of underwear.

“Here's where you'll be staying.”

Matt dumped him inside and slid the drawer closed, The last thing Jake saw was the smug look on his face before he was enclosed in complete darkness.

At first Jake plotted a way to get out. Without his sight it would prove difficult, but he was sure he would manage as he always did. That changed however as he slowly discovered there was no way out of his new prison.

He felt his way around three times, running his hands along every surface, and found nothing. He slammed himself against the drawer but it wouldn't budge, after what could have been anywhere from hours to minutes, he fell upon one of Matt's dirty socks, exhausted from the day, and fell asleep.

That night, or day, or whatever time it was, he dreamed solely of Nique.