- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Carly reveals to Jack her dream of a world where women hold all the cards of humanity.

                “Look, Jack, all I’m saying is that it’s a possibility!” Carly said brightly as she leaned against the headboard of her bed, running her fingers through her dirty blonde locks and batting her full lashes playfully.  She closed her eyes and tilted her chin up toward the ceiling before peering back down toward the end of the bed.  “You know?”

                “Yeah, yeah,” Jack answered lifelessly, coughing a little as he huffed oxygen in short breaths.

                “You’re just saying that, aren’t you?” Carly frowned, clenching her toes together a little more tightly around her little brother’s puny body.  She arched her right foot forward as she lithely lifted her bare leg up in the air, holding Jack precariously above the moon-like surface of her pink bed sheet.  “Aren’t you?”

                “N-N-No!  No, I… I agree,” Jack gasped desperately as he stared down the long slope of his sister’s smooth, athletic leg like a mountain cliff of tanned, toned flesh.  He felt dizzy, his vision going a little fuzzy, partially from fear, and partially because Carly’s toes were squeezing him so tightly it was hard to stay completely oriented.  He had a feeling this was the vile seventeen-year-old’s intention.

                “Well, that’s better, I guess,” Carly snorted with annoyance, crossing her arms.  “YOU, better than anyone, should know how right am I.  Shouldn’t you?”

                “Yes,” Jack answered meekly, feeling the soft, firm skin between his gargantuan sibling’s toes easing their grip on his waist ever so slightly.

                “It’s not a bragging thing, believe me,” Carly chuckled good-naturedly all of a sudden.  “I mean, I’m not saying that I’m the one that did all this.  It was really just… chance, I guess.  Fate.  Whatever.  I don’t even know if I believe all that, all I know is that is happened, and that it’s important somehow.”

                “Important to what?” Jack whimpered, hanging his head a little as he remained limply gripped between Carly’s naked, dexterous toes, the nails of which were glistening with a freshly painted hot pink coat.

                “Well, the WORLD, you silly weirdo!  To… to history!  Like… think about it.  Men lorded over women for centuries.  We were always the inferior ones, just because we couldn’t always defend ourselves against the big, strong, scary men.  It didn’t matter that we were so much smarter or more peaceful, or that we understood how stuff worked… it just mattered that men could hit us harder than we could hit them back,” Carly contemplated thoughtfully, not even making eye contact with Jack anymore as she stared wistfully up at the ceiling.

                Jack struggled helplessly, surrounded on all sides by toe flesh, and half-listened praying only that this conversation wouldn’t give Carly any new ideas.

                “But you know, what, Jack?  Things have a way of falling back into place in the world.  You know, back to the way they’re supposed to be?  The way they’re… meant to be?  Take you, for example,” she giggled piously.  “We spent a whole 14 years together scrambled around all wrong.  But sure enough, things went back the way they were always meant to be.  You know why I keep you down there, right?  Between my toes.”

                “I have an idea,” Jack simpered as calmly as he could.

                “Well, for one thing, I know you have a little… thing… for them,” Carly snickered.  “And far be it from me to be a huge jerk about all this, so it’s only fair to let you play on them sometimes.  But no, that’s not the real reason.”

                Jack mentally rolled his eyes.  Sometimes?  More like almost every waking moment.

                “No, the REAL reason is just… symbolic.  A reminder.  Like the way a queen sits on her throne and her subjects have to bow before her.  Just like that, I keep you down there at my feet, between my toes, so that you’ll remember where you belong.  Your place in all of this.  In history.  It’s not just me that has the right to do this to you, Jack, I’m sorry to say.  It’s all women.  It’s just that… well, you’re the first one that the world has corrected, I guess.  You’re the only man I know who’s FINALLY been fixed.  You’re the only one I could even fit between there.  Believe me, if there were more of you… GOD, it would be so fantastic.  A man between every toe, wrapped around every finger, strung between my teeth, tied up in my hair, stitched into my panties…” Carly drawled dreamily, obviously getting extremely wrapped up in the very idea of such a reality.

                Jack groaned quietly.  He had no doubt every word his sister was uttering right now was the absolute truth in her mind.

                “People like Joan of Arc, or Susan B. Anthony, or Rosa Parks… and now me!  Think about it, Jack.  We have to keep this hidden for now.  You and me, I mean.  What you are to me now.  But… but someday.  Soon, I feel like.  Soon, we’ll see stuff like this happening again.  It’s science.  They’ll find a way, and I know it’s possible to turn your kind into the bug you’ve become,” Carly droned dreamily, gingerly tapping her pointer finger against her cheek in thought, smirking as she descended deeper into her wonderfully apocalyptic world vision. 

                Jack’s eyes began to water stressfully as his young sister’s doughy digits curled more tightly back around him, her entire foot steadily bobbing up and down, arching and stretching, to the beat of some pop song no-doubt rebounding merrily around her head.  Unheard by the world, but felt even more than the girl herself by her shrunken slave, feeling every vibration of the beat, every little silent tic, rattling his bones with a simple thoughtless twitch of her digit.

                “We’ll be in history books.  Both of us.  Someday there’ll probably be a museum about us,” Carly piped suddenly with renewed zeal.  “I mean, it’ll mainly be about me, because I’m the woman who finally stood up to you and put you where you belong, but you’ll get mentioned somehow, I’m sure.  Or at the very least, when they make a big, giant bronze statue of me, you’ll be able to see your pathetic little body under my shoe.”

                “YOU DIDN’T STAND UP TO ME.  YOU TOOK ME, LIKE YOU FUCKING OWNED ME,” Jack wanted to scream, but instead stifled into the cold, nearly lifeless sections of his brain that could still process emotion coherently.  The repetition of the words in his head was all that could even begin to satiate him these days, as he continued squirming painfully between his sister’s fruity, freshly lotion-smeared toes.  “I WAS ALONE AND COLD AND SCARED AND YOU HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT, YOU JUST TOOK ME BECAUSE THERE WAS NO ONE ELSE THERE AND YOU THINK YOU’RE A GOD, YOU SICK CUNT.”

                “And think: once they figure out how you shrunk, then we can start testing it, seeing where it goes, and before you know it: women will be right where we should be.  Over you.”

                “You’re just as bad as us, then,” Jack thought bitterly.

                “Think of what the world will be once we’re in power.  There won’t be marriages or any of that crap anymore.  There’ll just be a woman and HER men.  A lot of them.  Why be limited to one gross little midget man when we could have enough to actually SATISFY us?”

                “Because you’re too much of a goddamned monster, that’s why,” Jack mouthed subtly.

                “And once I’m the queen of this place?  FORGET about everything you know.  It’s gonna be like something nobody’s ever seen around here, not now and not ever.  Governments all run by women, all making the rules.  You maggots get nothing.  Schools where girls learn and get all the opportunities at any place they want.  You guys get worn as accessories or as little servants so we can focus better on improving the world.  Families: when a boy’s born, he just gets shrunken as soon as he can do a few things for himself.  When a girl’s born, she gets her brothers, however she wants them, whenever she wants them; keep them in a little cage with a hamster wheel, or wrap them around her big toe and never look back.  Just like me.  And that’s what we’re doing here, Jackie-poo.  We’re the start of a revolution.  We’ve got the whole world… in my hands.”

                “Sounds worse than fucking Nazi Germany,” Jack cursed to himself, feeling his body steadily slipping out from the grip of his sister’s toes as she lost focus, his legs bumping uncomfortably against the firm, rotund ball of her massive foot.

                “Oops!  There he goes, down the slide!” Carly snickered, covering her mouth politely as she giggled, arching her foot so as to make it as diagonal as possible as Jack tumbled sorely down the uneven slope of wrinkled flesh, landing in a heap before the cushiony altar of her heel.

                “Imagine the things we could do with all of you and your kind.  Scientific research where we never have to hurt another innocent animal, it’ll just be you, who deserve what’s coming to you.  Artists sticking you up on a canvas with pins and just… watching what comes next, the beautiful stuff we could create with you.  Out of you.  Nutrition: I mean, maybe there’s something to tasting one of you.  I can’t really bring myself to do it on you because you’re all I’ve got and then I’d get bored while you were twisted up in my intestine somewhere, but still, sometimes I wonder…”

                “Sometimes I wonder, too,” Jack thought grimly to himself, remaining motionless on the bed, knowing getting up was futile.

                As half-expected, an instant later he found shadow swallowing him up followed by the softly crushing weight of his sister’s skin compressing into him until he was sandwiched like a trapped fly against the bed sheet, unable to speak aloud and barely able to breathe, save for a tiny crack of air that wound like a maze through the tapestry of tiny, subtle wrinkles in Carly’s sole as it ground him harder and harder into the surface of the bed.

                “This is the exact pose I’m having my statue made in,” Carly stated proudly, holding her chin up high and tucking her hands behind her head again as a pillow, sighing as she continued twisting her warm, heavy foot over the frail form of her brother, lying inert and cold beneath her.  “So I guess I changed my mind: people won’t be able to see you in the statue, after all.  So maybe you’ll just get a little plaque or something at the bottom and it’ll just say you’re under there.  I think people will understand, don’t you, little bro?”

Chapter End Notes:

Please comment! I know that was kind of exposition-heavy, but it was a chapter idea I was itching to use with these characters for a while now.