- Text Size +

Epilogue:
----------

Ash still felt the need for power, so she grew. Up above the clouds where the atmosphere was thin. She continued to grow past the point where the sky turns black. She could see the curvature of the earth as she continued to grow. She grew until her head stood 250 miles off the earth's surface. She saw the city beneath her feet and she picked up her foot and ended the city in one stomp. All that the city-dwellers saw at their demise was a large black heel zooming down toward the city. The pressure cause many things in the city to implode and all of the people's ears popped, then the felt no more. The shock wave carried for a thousand miles and the resulting earthquakes caused tsunamis across the globe. Still Ash wanted more, so she continued to grow. Soon the earth fit in the palm of her hand and then the solar system and then the Milky Way. She continued to grow until the universe was just a mass of light to her. Her mass caused all of the celestial bodies to quickly gravitate toward her. Soon the entire universe was pressed against her skin. She felt wonderful. She had all the power in the universe.

Then as she felt content, the forces of gravity began to pull everything toward her center. She tucked into the fetal position and began to shrink -- not of her own volition -- but because of gravitational nature. She slowly imploded until she, and everything else in the cosmos, turned into a giant black hole that continued to shrink into a singularity. From that single point a new universe exploded into a boiling pot of gas. Eons would pass and the gas would converge into new planets and solar systems and galaxies.

# # # # #

Then a loud ringing tore through the universe and the colors and lights began to fade to black. The ringing grew ever louder and a horizontal crack of light appeared in the middle of vision. It grew wider and wider and vague shapes could been seen. Then an impact and a sharp pain were felt and the ringing soon stopped. The crack exploded open and the world snapped into focus. His eyes centered on the clock in front of him, 8:47 it read.
"Eric! Get the fuck up! First day of med school man!"
Eric shot up in his bed and began scrambling for clothes. Today was going to be his first day at med school. He was pretty stoked for it. He was a little surprised when he got into such a prestigious school, but he'd made his parents proud and he was sure that he'd make a name for himself sooner of later. His roommate was doing the same while muttering curse words and murmuring about being late. Eric threw on clothes and headed out the door. Med school was gonna be great! He couldn't wait to see where it took him...

END

 

I do hope that you all enjoyed this. This is my first attempt at writing anything like this. I kindly ask you to please review this so that I know what I'm doing right or wrong. 'Til next time! 

 

     ->qwerty-asdf