- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Abby and Jim sit and listen as Melinda and Sarah come to them, with a situation...

Talk about your case of bad timing. Jim and Abby were having a heart-to-heart, and right in the middle of the most mushy, most emotional statement in the entire conversation, Sarah decides that she needs to slip and knock both her and Melinda down to the ground, screaming in the process, alerting the two others to the fact that they were not, in any way, alone back here. They had completely ruined the big moment Abby and Jim were having. Although it might not have ended the best way possible, anyways, they had still completely ruined it.

There were four red faces at that small house, at the back of Large n Minor University. Abby and Jim had both immediately noticed the presence that both Melinda and Sarah had shown them. There had been no noise sounding, other than the two of them talking, until the scream happened. It was painfully apparently to both of them, and they felt a nervous chill running through their bodies as they realized that someone was nearby, and had probably heard a good deal of what they had been talking about. They both watched as Sarah and Melinda scrambled their way up the steps, to the porch.

The two nurses came up to the porch and came to talk to Abby and Jim about what they'd heard and what they'd run to the Dean about. As soon as they got close to Abby's feet, though, Sarah's legs gave out and Melinda grabbed her, trying to keep her from falling. Abby's rocking chair was shaking the porch for them, having too much force for their tiny legs to support themselves against. Both of them falling to their knees, they sat in front of the giant girl and her small friend. Sarah was still embarrassed and, for some reason, let Melinda take charge of things while they were together. Melinda, seeing Sarah's embarrassment, called up to Abby.

“Um, Ms. Abby! Sorry to interrupt you right now, but we need to talk. Something's come up that we think that you, of all people, need to be aware of, and Mr. King, too! Could you come down here, so we can chat?” She said 'come down here', as if she could just come down to their level. Abby understood their meaning, though. She was sitting, high on a chair, and her head was nearly 70 feet above them. Pressing her feet on the porch, she slowly picked herself up from the chair and lowered herself down to the ground. Making an indian-style sitting position, she set her hand down in front of her crossed legs and feet, allowing Jim to come down to the ground to talk with them as well. “What's this all about, Ms. Sarah? Do you need Jim for another test in the Infirmary or something?” asked Abby, looking towards the still-quiet Sarah.

“Go ahead, Sarah. Tell them.” said Melinda, softly nudging Sarah's shoulder, seeing Abby getting into a comfortable position and Jim sitting down, leaning back again the tops of one of Abby's feet, as if it were a chair or couch. Sarah looked at her, and then at the two of them. She thought about it, but soon realized that she was the one who needed to talk to them about all of this. Shaking her head, she tried to get her thoughts together. She realized that she hadn't been good with speaking to people about things, ever since Melinda had held her against her. She'd been dependent on her for a lot of things. She couldn't do that. Not all the time. She had to take charge and do things, herself, as she'd done before.

“R-Right.” she said, slowly sitting herself up, straightening her back up. She looked right at Jim and then up and Abby as she began to speak. “Mr. King, Abby, we have a situation on our hands that you need to be made aware of. It is something that the two of you were directly involved with. It has to do with what happened to Jim last night and... the AL Militia.” Her face took a serious expression as Abby and Jim looked at one another, feeling a little strange after hearing that this had to do with those AL soldiers that had done many things to Abby in the past.


“Ruby?” asked Jim, starting to get a little worried about this situation. If the AL Militia was, somehow, involved in something that had to do with their incident from the night before, with Fran, he figured that it had to have been Ruby that had sparked it. Sarah closed her eyes and made a simple nod towards Jim as she continued. “Yes. Her trip to the Infirmary was, apparently, no accident. She had a radio with her, and had caught wind of when I...” Melinda put her hand on Sarah's shoulder as she took over the conversation, seeing the red in her cheeks getting worse. “It overheard Sarah explaining, to me, what happened last night. We're pretty sure the radio transmitted everything back to the AL Militia. They know all about the kidnapping and the injuries you both suffered from that incident.”

Jim got a knot in his stomach and pushed back against Abby's foot, pressuring his body against it, grabbing onto the soft, warm flesh, realizing how bad this situation really was getting. The implications of a group like them getting information like that was very bad, to say the least. He looked back at them, sweat starting to run down his face. “They...know everything?! Then...you have to tell the Dean! I've heard stories about them, from both Abby and from Ruby. There's no telling what they will do now that they know a student from the University has, well...done what Fran did to us. They'd probably go to the media, or...come here, to take some sort of action!”

Abby could feel Jim's shaking against her skin. She reached down to him and softly patted his head. “Don't worry, Jim. We're not going to let them do anything to you. Even if...things are bad as they could be, it isn't like the past. Even if they come here, we won't let them hurt anyone.” Jim looked up to Abby “I know we won't want to see anyone hurt, but...” Abby swiftly cut him off as she felt her own adrenaline pumping up. “We won't let a single person get hurt. Right, Sarah? Melinda? We'll make a stand, if we have to. We'll show them that they can't just storm onto our Campus and take action, just because of an accident!”

Abby was starting to get pumped up, a lot more than anyone realized. She put on a touch face as she quickly collected all three of them into her hands and started walking away from the house. She walked off, a confident and strong look on her face. Jim was surprised to see it, especially at the mentioning of the AL Militia, and about them possibly coming here. The girl was strangely confident, in fact. In reality, Abby felt a knot in her stomach as well, feeling incredibly nervous about past events coming back to haunt her. But, she was stronger now, and she would do whatever it took to make sure they didn't get their way and that her new friends would stay safe. Walking off into Campus, she could see two other Larges off in the distance. The two cheering squad members, Helen and Emily, waving to her.