- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Emily feels better and tries to get out of bed when Helen decides to take a small nap...

Helen's blond hair was blowing, brushing against her forehead, as a strong wind blew in the window in front of her. She had been taking care of Emily for a good amount of time, and the work was starting to get the best of her. After having eaten the soup that had been made for her, Emily was sitting up in bed, chatting with Helen, listening to her talk about her life, trying to stay awake. The two had been talking for several hours and Helen had been bested. Emily was smiling, watching her as she sat down on the floor and rested her head on the side of the bed, just below where Emily's elbow and arm was. She watched her as she sat herself there.

“Don't worry, Emily. I just need to rest for a minute. I'm not gonna...fall asleep on you...or...any--” The day had been hard on poor Helen, even though not very much of it was gone yet. The woman had been up all night long with Emily, doing her best to make sure she was alright. Thanks to her care, Emily felt a lot better and even thought she could get up and walk around. She'd mentioned this to Helen earlier, shortly after having her soup, but she wouldn't have it. Helen kept her in bed and practically held her down to it whenever she wanted to try to get up.

'You're injured. You need rest!' she would say. Emily greatly appreciated the help she was getting, but feeling better was feeling better, right? She didn't understand why she couldn't just get up and move around for awhile. Sure, she had been injured quite a bit, but she knew what she was doing. She just wanted to move around and not be stuck in bed all day. She knew she needed rest, but she wanted to do something. If she had to keep her mind off of going to see how Jim was doing on campus, she needed to be able to get up. Talking was nice, but physical movement would help even further.

Helen sitting down was the break she needed, too. She hadn't been down there for more than a minute or two before she was out like a light. Emily peered over the side of the bed and looked at her. The blond's cheeks were red, her eyes were almost twitching with dark bags under them and her lips were completely dry. Her peachy skin almost looked like it was about to crack, in place. The woman knew how to overwork herself, alright. After taking a moment to watch Helen, Emily started to think about the fact that she was asleep. She could finally get up and walk around for a little while.

Pulling her arms back, she slowly began to move her sheets up. She breathed as softly as she could with moving them, but they stuck on something after a second. She raised her eyebrow at it for a moment and began to gently jerk it up. It didn't budge at all, and she gave it a sour look. Her grip tightened a little and she jerked it up with a little more force. It forced itself up, but had embarrassing results. It had been held back by Helen's head and the moment it moved, her head fell to the side, along with the rest of her. Emily gasped as she heard a loud thump as Helen's head impacted the floor.
Emily's first reaction to knocking Helen over was to hide under her blankets. Her body immediately curled up and she tightly wrapped the sheets around her. Her arms hugged her body, pushing her breasts together and she stared at the wall of sheets, her cheeks reddening more as the seconds went by. She couldn't believe she'd just done what she just did. She was absolutely silent, listening for any movement from Helen or indication if she was hurt or not. A minute went by and she heard absolutely nothing. No floor creaks, no voices, nothing.

She started to get worried about Helen, thinking that she might have hurt the woman enough to knock her out. Slowly uncurling herself and removing the sheets, she looked over and her expression turned to a very surprised one. Her jaw dropped and she blinked as she saw Helen on the ground. Not only was she on the ground, but her arms were hugging around her body and she was sleeping. She was still asleep, after that big fall! Emily shook her head, not believing it at first. How could someone possibly not wake up after a fall like that? She could hear the thumping. It was loud and sounded quite painful. How could Helen have slept through that?

She shook her head for a moment before smiling and realizing that she hadn't hurt the poor woman. Getting her mind back on track with what she'd wanted to do before, she lowered herself down to the floor, slowly moving her legs over the side, dropping them down towards the floor, right in front of where Helen slept. First came her good foot, covered in a sock with an anklet. As it softly touched the ground, the floor creaked a little, the golden anklet sliding down and resting atop her foot. She then put her injured leg down, lightly putting her bare foot down on the ground.

Emily looked down at Helen, making sure she was still asleep. A smile came across her face as she realized that she was, indeed, still asleep. “Don't worry, Helen. I'll be right back. I just wanna walk around for a bit and, maybe I'll go and see Jim since you're asleep!” Emily giggled and began to walk off when she was stopped. Right before she lifted her good foot into the air, she felt a tight grip come onto her ankle, pushing the anklet into her skin. She yelped and fell down as she heard “You're not going anywhere!” from directly behind her.