- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Fran stumbles her way downstairs as she tries to think about what she can do for Abby and Jim, while avoiding sour memories of the past day's events...

Fran had gone back up to her bedroom to get ready for the day she had planned ahead. She still had no idea what she was going to make or do for her two friends, but the day would have to come in steps. It was still relatively early, judging by the position of the sun as her eyes were blinded upon walking back into her bedroom. Since it was still early, she would have plenty of time to brainstorm and think about what she could do for them. It had to be something special, so she'd need a good amount of time to be thinking. She only had a day before she wanted to do it, but a day was quite a bit of time.

She walked over to a dresser nearly as tall as she was and grabbed the gold-trimmed handles, pulling two drawers open. She stood in front of it for a moment, before pulling out a pair of panties and closing the sock drawer. She looked down at her feet as she bent over, slipping her panties on. She took a moment to flex her toes a little and realized that she had gotten used to the cold feel of the floor. “I'm not going anywhere today. It couldn't hurt to go around barefoot, or at least sandals. I don't think I'm quite ready to wear my boots again. Not yet...”

Fran sighed as she dug through some more drawers, pulling some more clothing out to wear. She was deep in thought as she pulled on a black bra and started to slip on a pair of dark-colored jeans. Her feet were on her mind, but more importantly, her boots. Ever since she was a little girl, Fran had been fascinated with boots. Although she liked letting her feet out to get some air, she wore boots everywhere. It didn't matter where she was at. If she was out, walking, boots were on her feet and legs. She loved them, but she was now getting mixed feelings about it all.

Her boots had been brought into her bedroom and, as she pulled on a dark, sleeveless T-shirt, she looked at them and stared off into space. Boots weren't an object of love anymore. Not after the day before. Every time she looked at those boots, her mind was filled with thoughts and images of what she'd done to Jim with them the night before. She'd been terrible to him when she took him. His entire ride to her house consisted of being stuffed between the boots and her foot and leg. She stared further, her mind getting deeper and deeper into what she'd done.

A tear started to produce from her eye and flow down her face. “I'm...sorry...I...I...no!” Quickly closing her eyes and shaking her head, she tried to take her mind off what it had been straying towards with those thoughts. She turned herself and marched out of the room, aiming to get as far away from those boots as humanly possible. “I can't think about that! I need to be more positive. Think about the gift, Fran! Think about the gift! What's done is done! Just cram with that head of yours until you can think of something good to do for them! Nothing else matters right now! Nothing else-”

Oh, the pains of getting off on a tangent while storming around on the second floor of a house. As soon as Fran hit the stairs, she was so flustered that she didn't grab the railing and her feet immediately tripped over one another. She yelped as she began to fall down the stairs Her arms covered up her face as they banged against the steps, her body tumbling down the set of stairs. She could feel bruises being formed as she tumbled and fell. She wanted to scream, but she just held it in, waiting for her trip down the stairway to end. That's all she could do. The stairs were wood and they were slick, so grabbing out would likely only serve to hurt her even more.

As soon as she landed, she was on her belly, face pushed against her arms as her elbows hit the floor below. “Ouch...” she said, slowly picking herself up. She rubbed on her elbows as her feet flattened themselves on the floor and pushed her up, aches in her knees and back. Closing her eyes, she took a moment to breathe before heading towards the kitchen. She had thought to head towards the living room at first, but the sight of the coffee table made her think of what she'd done with Jim in there. She didn't want to be reminded of those memories, at this time, so she took her aching body and went into the kitchen.

She took a seat at the kitchen table and folded her arms, resting her chin on top of them. This would take some careful and lengthy thinking, on her part. This had to be a nice gift or gesture for her friends. It had to be something that would both display her apologetic feelings and show that she still loved them both. She had to think of something that was just right for the two of them. It had to be absolutely perfect. As she looked around the kitchen, she pulled her head up, getting an idea. She pulled herself from the chair and started pacing around.

Her feet hit the floor as she walked over towards the counter, picking up a small book. Flipping through the pages, she started pondering an idea. “Hmm...maybe I could bake them something! Yeah, I could make them food. Something that would be absolutely delicious. It's perfect It's...no, wait...Jim's just a little person. He wouldn't be able to eat Large food....” Fran put the book down and sighed, looking towards the window, trying to think of another idea for this gift thing. She couldn't cook for them, but there had to be something she could do...