- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Fran finally gets up and showers, thinking about what she needs to do about what she's done...

As events were unfolding underground that would completely change the lives of a select few people in the coming days, there was plenty going on elsewhere in the city. In the Large district, we are once again shown the inside of the house of a young woman who had thought to have tarnished her reputation and friendship with two people she cared about. The young woman, Fran, sat up in her bed and finally decided that it was time to get p and move around. The bed could not be her home forever, and she would have to face everything she had done, eventually.

She stood up, pulling herself out of the sheets, letting her soft feet touch the hard floor. She took a deep breath and twitched as the cold surface infiltrated her body. Bumps appeared all over her legs as she pulled herself up. She looked down at the floor and sighed. She was filled with thoughts of what had happened in this room. Images of her hurting both Jim and Abby were constantly playing in her head, not willing to leave her alone. Her cheeks had dried tears all over them from her reaction after the two of them had left. They may not have known it at the time, but Fran had never intended to hurt either of them. She had control over her actions, but she never wanted to hurt either of them.

Hoping to get some of these images out of her head, she started walking across the floor, towards the doorway. She left her clothes behind, walking nude through her house, her head looking forward. She knew she couldn't do what she'd been doing forever, and that she needed to push her life forward. Even if she couldn't come back to the school for a few days, she had to do something. “You can't mope forever, Fran” she said to herself, as she came to the doorway, looking down the hall. “I need to get cleaned up. Then I can worry about what to do next.”

She made her way to the first door on the left, which led to a bathroom. Her hair was flowing through the air as she walked along, bumps now coursing all over from body, from her legs up to her shoulders. The cold feel of the floor, for once, had an effect on her from walking barefoot. She could normally take any kind of terrain with her feet without wearing shoes or socks, but this day, she was more sensitive to all of that. She made her way into the bathroom and shivered for a moment, putting her feet down on the even colder floor of this room.

She closed her eyes for a moment, but then pushed forward again as she opened up a wood door inside the bathroom, pulling out a set of towels. Turning around, she set them down on the toilet that sat next to the shower and slowly began to pull open the shower curtain. The rings clanged across the pole that held them up as she opening it up. She stepped into the shower and shut the curtains again. She reached forward, gripping the shower handle with her hand, but stopped herself. She blinked, her mind wandering back to Jim and Abby.

She let out another deep sigh as she pulled the handle up and a soft, stream of water flow out from the shower head and impacted her body. The water was cold at first, and made her shiver, but soon began to get warmer as the seconds rolled by. She hugged onto herself as she let the water bounce off her skin and drip down the length of her body. She had her eyes shut and almost let herself drown in the feeling, so to speak. Cold, and then warm. She may have been just like that water. She had a cold, depressive scenario, but may there was a way that she could turn it into a warm, happy scenario, in the end.

Leaning against the wall of the shower as she let the water drip down her body, she started talking to herself, trying to think about what she could do. “Will they ever forgive me? Surely, there's something that I can do to try to make all of this up to them. Surely there is, right?” The woman was trying to stay as positive as she could. She'd already broken down enough this day, and she needed to be strong. She had always portrayed herself as this fun-loving, strong girl, yet that girl hadn't been around at all in the past few hours. All that was there was some weak, broken girl who couldn't do anything but hurt the ones she cared about.

She opened her eyes and nodded to herself as she grabbed a small shower poof and began to spread body wash over her body. “I'll find something nice to do for them. Something...that neither of them would expect. Maybe a party? No...a party would be a little strange for them. Jimmy might not want to do something like that, being injured and all, assuming they even want to be near me right now...” Her progression quickly changed to her hair as she muttered to herself and finished rubbing her body with soap and lotion. It flattened against her neck and back as the water through it down.

She continued her speech as she started scrubbing shampoo all over her head, turning her jet-black hair into a big, foamy mess. “I need to make a proper apology. Tomorrow, I'll go up to campus and find them. I'm not supposed to go near there, but it's something I need to do. A proper apology and, maybe, something that I could give them or promise to them. Yeah, that would work! I'll make them something here, today, and I'll go and give it to them tomorrow, along with my own apologies.”

Her face was looking a little happier as she rinsed the shampoo out of her hair and shut the water off. Yanking the curtain open, she grabbed one of the towels and began to wrap it around her hair. Stepping out of the shower, she dried herself off and wrapped it around her chest, stomach, and hips. She walked towards the bathroom doorway and stopped, thinking to herself. “I just hope they'll forgive me...”