- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

In the Large district of the city, a young student curls up on her bed and regrets things that she has done...

There was a lot going on in various parts of the city.  In the middle of the ‘abandoned’ warehouse, there was a group of people, preparing for some form of action that could be bad for the entire world.  At the University, there were two new friends, sleeping together and a woman about to be tied up and held against her will at the Infirmary.  There was more than just this going on, though.  Outside the city walls was the district of the Larges.  One district, anyways, and there was a home with a young woman whose entire world was being thrown down on top of her.

In a bedroom, there was a young woman, wrapped up in a large, black blanket, weeping and staring out her window towards the city beyond.  Her eyes were filled with tears as she thought about the past two days.  There was a lot on the mind of the student known as Fran.  There had been so many actions she’d taken in the past 48 hours that she had not been proud of.  Yet, they had happened and she couldn’t do anything to take back a single one of them. 

Next to the bed were the remains of her clothing.  Eye-liner was staining Fran’s cheeks as she held her blanket against her as tight as she could, covering up everything, from her feet up to her neck.  She was shivering at the thought of what she did, and what she could have done.  A lot of choices had been made, and all of the events had brought her whole being down.  There was so much that she didn’t want to do, but did anyways.  Her emotions had gotten the best of her, as they had in the past.  They had hurt people, people that she loved.

As her vision blurred, she began to think of what she’d done, and wished that she could make things right at that very moment.  She called out to her friends, in the hopes that in some way, shape, or form, they could hear her and forgive her for what she’d done.  “Abby…Jimmy…I’m…sorry.  I…I don’t know what happened.  I lost control of myself, and I hurt you.  I hurt…both of you.  I got mad and just…lost it.  If you can hear me at all, if you can hear my cries, please forgive me.”

Fran closed her eyes, letting a few newly-formed tears roll down her cheeks as she ended her cry.  Deep down, she thought that her friends were connected to her and could hear her thoughts, even when this far away.  Maybe that was just a false or desperate hope, though.  Maybe she only thought that way because she wanted to be connected to them in that way.  She wanted to believe in true connection, where a person will know when their friend is hurt, even if they would have no possible way of knowing, other than just a feeling.  She was hurting, and she knew Abby and Jim were hurting, too, from what she’d done.  She just hoped that they could understand that the situation was hurting her as well.

“I never…wanted to hurt either of you.  I just got too caught up in the friendship, in some desires that were buried deep inside me.  I overreacted…I know that I did.  Deep down, I knew it when I did it, too.  I can’t…do anything about it now.  It’s over now.  I freaked out when I saw you with that girl, Jimmy.  I…I couldn’t control it.  I lost control of myself and let myself do terrible, terrible things to you!  I dropped you inside my boot, I hurt you, I…I almost killed you.  Oh, god…I…I almost killed my friend!”

Fran’s face was doing nothing but becoming more and more emotional as she gripped onto a pillow and pushed the side of her face into it.  She was replaying the events of the previous night, and it was scaring her.  She was scared that she was capable of losing herself and doing such things to people she wanted to call her friends.  She was absolutely horrible to Jim, and she didn’t even give him a chance to talk about what he was doing with that girl.  She just overreacted, made assumptions, and took him hostage.  Her breathing started to get heavier as she thought about how those two had to have looked at her now.  She thought about whether or not they’d ever trust her again.

“I…I’m sorry!” she screamed as she pushed the side of her face even harder into the pillow.  Her hair was an absolute mess outside of the blanket, having stayed up all night long, curled up and thinking about what she’d done.  Jim coming into her life had done a lot.  Before she’d freaked out and kidnapped him, she had wonderful feelings about him.  She forwarded her own pre-emptive feelings on him and she thought she could get attached to him so quickly.  Afterwards, though, all she felt was regret and pain.  Pain that she had completely ruined the friendship she’d made, both with Jim and with Abby.

Her hands tightened into fists as she started shivering again.  She thought of where the two of them were at that point.  Jim was surely in some sort of care by now, and Abby would, no doubt, stay with him.  Fran knew the girl all too well.  She was much too motherly and caring to just drop him off at the hospital.  She was probably there, by his side, making sure he was being cared for, not even bothering to think about Fran.  She took a deep breath and started to think that was a good thing.

“Abby…Jim…I’m sorry.  I’m…a terrible person!”  Fran’s pillow was moved as she buried her entire face in it, letting out every ounce of tears that her eyes could produce as she wept in her bed, wishing she could do nothing but go back in time and fix the previous day’s events, fix the relationships she had shred apart. 

Chapter End Notes:

As Fran cries out for forgiveness, is her cry heard by her friends, or does it fall on deaf ears?