- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Sarah spends a long while thinking about the consequences of having Ruby coming to campus, but quickly gets distracted when someone starts to stir...

Sarah had spent quite some time contemplating what she was going to do about the fact that Ruby King was going to be visiting the University later on that day.  The fact that a member of the AL Activist group was going to come to the University was bad enough, but they were coming in to see their husband badly hurt, injuries that were the result of a Large having a negative reaction from a jealous feeling.  That, alone, could cause a multitude of issues. 

Sarah felt responsible, though.  She knew what would happen were Ruby to find out what happened to her husband.  She would immediately report it to the rest of the group and they’d go straight to the media with their fresh story about “Large Violence” in the city.  The University’s name would be tarnished and it was possible that all of the work the government had done to get Minors and Larges together would be ruined. 

“I have to make sure that doesn’t happen,” said Sarah, speaking to herself, “Only a few people know about this, and it’s my job to make sure no one else finds out.  We’ve all worked too hard to let one incident completely tear down the walls we’ve set up.  This man may have to lie in order to keep this a secret, but I’ll have to make him promise not to tell anyone, especially his wife.”

Sarah’s more forward side was showing itself as she spoke to herself about all of this.  She was a kind-hearted nurse, but was level-headed and knew what to say and what not to say in certain scenarios.  She had always tried to avoid the bad consequences and do things in a way where consequences would not happen. 

As the nurse was thinking and speaking to herself about all this, she heard something from directly in front her.  Curious about the source of the sound, she slowly moved her hands from her forehead and looked up.  She blinked for a moment, unsure of what she saw, but looked again and confirmed it.  There was movement in her patient.  He eyes were moving under the eyelids and his head was moving from side to side.  He was waking up.

Realizing that his eyes weren’t open yet, Sarah quickly ran over to the window.  If there was anything she’d noticed when he’d first come into her care the night before, it was that he seemed a little attached to Abby.  He’d even reached out for her before the sedative took in it’s full effect, as if he was trying to call out to his friend.  Knowing this, Sarah wanted to wake up the girl so she could be there for him as he awoke and tried to cope with everything that had happened to him in the past 24 hours.

Reaching out the window with a small, metal cane, Sarah began to poke against Abby’s face, which was right next to the window.  As the cane hit the girl, she saw no initial movement, but Abby’s form began to slowly move to the side away from the window.  Sarah, getting nervous as her chance was slipping away, began to lean herself out the window to get the cane within reach of Abby’s cheek again.  Poking more forcefully this time, she had hoped to at least cause something in the girl.

Fortunately, the girl seemed to be waking up.  She let out a soft moan and one of her hands came up towards her face.  As it did so, however, her elbow nudged into the side of the infirmary building.  The building shook slightly, not enough for most people to notice, but enough that it caused Sarah to shift forward, falling right out the window.  The nurse screamed as she fell out, but she quickly grabbed onto something that was moving upward.

Dangling off one of Abby’s fingers, Sarah gripped onto it very tightly  and pulled herself into it as she saw the ground, some 50 feet below her.  At first, she couldn’t say a word, but she soon saw her coming closer to Abby’s face.  The hand she dangled off of slowly began to touch on a cheek, gently rubbing Sarah’s body into said cheek.  Sarah could feel some pressure on her body and she finally called up to the girl.

“H-Hey!  Abby!  Abby, wake up and help me!  WAKE UP!”

Sarah was pushed a little harder into the cheek as Abby slowly began to open her eyes.  She let out another soft moan and began to yawn, her hand still against her face.  Sarah could feel the muscles in Abby’s cheek quickly tightening and rubbing past her body as her lips opened as she yawned.  Realizing that she still wasn’t moving anywhere, she tried calling up to the girl again.

“Hello?!  Rise and shine, Abby!  You have a nurse planted against your face who would like to go back inside now!  Wake up and help me!!!”

As she slowly woke up, Abby could hear the voice in her ear.  It took a few moments to register, but she soon realized that she had Sarah’s tiny body pushing against her face.  Quickly removing it and seeing the nurse in her palm, she looked down at her and began to speak to her, wanting to apologize.  “Er..I’m sorry, Sarah!  I didn’t realize I had you up there.  You’re not hurt, are you?”

Sarah, taking a big sigh of relief as she found herself in the giant girl’s palm, shook her head towards Abby as she was asked if she was hurt.  She didn’t think she would have gotten hurt with Abby, but she felt nervous all the same.  Were Abby to quickly move her hand, she could easily have lost her grip and fallen towards certain injury.  For the moment, she was just happy to be on solid palm.

“No, Abby.  I’m fine.   Just, be more careful with who you’re carrying around in your hand when you’re waking up, okay?”

Abby, who was still a little confused about everything, simply nodded down towards the nurse before speaking to her again, inquiring about something that anyone would have been wondering about, had they seen this situation happen.  “Okay, Sarah.  I’ll be more careful.  If I may ask, though…why are you in my hand in the first place?  Weren’t you in the infirmary?”

Sarah took a deep breath before telling Abby about how she noticed that Jim was waking up and her face had moved when she tried to wake her up.  Abby’s face immediately brightened at hearing that Jim was waking up and stood herself from the ground.  Turning towards the building, she reached her hand inside to drop off Sarah and to see for herself how Jim was going to be able to take what had happened to him…

Chapter End Notes:

Now that Sarah has had her little adventure-of-the-day, is Jim already awake?  How is he coping with everything that's happened?