- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Fran begins to think a lot about Jim as she finally comes back and slips her boots back on...

Fran’s pace had slowed down considerable when she’d left Abby to head back and retrieve her boots.  She wasn’t the athletic type and she’d run around for quite some time before she’d managed to catch Abby and let her know what had happened.  After taking several breaks to catch her breath, she finally saw her boots in a field in front of her.  Her aching feet were very happy to see those big, black boots.  As much as Fran had ignored it earlier, the ground had not been kind to her big, soft feet.  It would be nice to get them into some boots again.

As she approached her boots, she plopped her butt on the ground and pulled her legs up near her.  She reached over and grabbed her right boot.  As it came over to her, she set it on the ground next to her.  Bringing her foot up off the ground and to the side, she took her hand and quickly brushed off the dirty and grass that had stuck onto it.  She couldn’t get all the dirt off, being so small compared to her big feet, but she got as much as she could.  Quickly slipping her foot into the boot, she fastened the buckles and extended the leg out, preparing to grab the other boot.

As she reached over and grabbed for her left boot, she noticed it lying on its side.  She let out a deep sigh as she was reminded of the time she and Jim had together.  As she thought about it, she picked the boot up and rested it on her right leg.  She stared at it for a moment, losing sight of her current goal of putting it back on. 

Images were flying through the girl’s head of the fun she’d had with Jim.  So many things came out of the memory of him servicing her feet.  Jim’s soft mouth and tongue had felt so warm on her feet.  She started to blush as she thought about it, and about Jim’s attitude towards her.  She stared off in the distance, thinking long and hard about the fate of the poor man, having been accidentally kidnapped by the cheerleader who’d bumped into them.

Quickly shaking her head, she got a partial grip on reality and moved her boot to the ground in front of her.  Slipping her left foot into it, she buckled it up and began to pick herself up.  She began to look around in every direction.  Her mind was still stuck on the thought of Jim and what might happen to him in his travels with that cheerleader.  The thought of how careless the girl had been when she ran into them made Fran’s stomach curl. 

If the girl was so careless that she couldn’t even see another person her own size sitting on the ground, there’d be no telling what she could accidentally do to Jim.  Fran’s mind was starting to fill with fear for the poor man that she’d begun to grow attached to after such a short amount of time.  She took a deep breath and looked out into the fields.  Holding her head up high, she began to mutter to herself.

“Don’t worry, my little Jimmy.  Fran’s coming to rescue you from the big, bad cheerleader!  I’m coming for yo-”

Fran had begun to run off in one direction, but stopped herself as she immediately started realizing that she had no idea where she was going.

“Uh…which way did Abby tell me to go again….?”

She thought hard about what Abby had told her from earlier.  She’d specifically given her directions to getting to the Cheering Practice Zone, but she could not remember which direction she’d pointed to.  Being too worried about her little Jim, she’d just nodded and agreed to Abby’s plan so she could get moving.  Bringing a hand up to her face, she softly bit down on one of her fingers, still looking around.

“Okay, Fran…you can do this.  You just have no idea where Jim and that girl ran off to.  Come on…think.  Abs told us exactly where the Practice Zone was, now where was it…?  Wait…what if they don’t even make it to the Practice Zone?  What is Jimmy gets thrown off in the middle of a field somewhere!?  He could be lying on the ground somewhere, hurt and unable to get up.  He might need me!”

As Fran’s mind and thoughts were slowly making her paranoid, she simply picked a direction and began to run off, only worried about finding her small friend and getting him out of harm’s way, assuming he wasn’t already hurt.  Although she hadn’t known him long, she felt an attachment to the tiny man and would do anything she had to in order to find him and bring him to safety.

As Fran flew across campus, she stomped her boots down into the ground.  They shook the ground as they took each step.  Each footfall sent many normal-sized students falling off their feet.  The foot steps of taller folks made quakes by themselves, but when you added running and heavy boots to the equation, Fran was like a moving earthquake as she ran.  She sent out a tremendous force that caused everyone to quickly dash away from, making sure they weren’t beneath those thick, heavy boots as they came crashing into the ground below.

Running and panting, Fran closed her eyes for a moment, trying to catch her concentration as she ran, looking around for any traces of her tiny friend and the girl who’d taken him captive.  She came up with nothing for quite some time, but didn’t give up in her search.  Her eyes scanned the ground as she ran, trying to pick up any traces of smaller folks.  She’d seen plenty of smaller folks, but not the one she was looking for.  She soon turned away from the main pathways and moved out into the fields.

Coming out from behind a few buildings, she ran, following a small path.  As she continued running, she saw what looked like a small hole in the ground.  Moments later, she saw someone lying on the ground, seemingly asleep.  Confused at first, she took a closer look at her and noticed the crimson hair.  A chill went through Fran’s entire body as she realized she’d found the girl.  But why was she lying on the ground? 

As Fran approached, she tried to tilt her boots to stop herself and examine the girl that was lying on the ground, but she’d built up too much momentum.  Her boots slid on the dirt until hitting a sign, causing her to trip.  She fell to the ground, her head landing right next to Emily’s feet. ..

Chapter End Notes:

As Fran lands next to Emily, how will she react when she pulls herself up, seeing Jim resting on the girl's ankle?