- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Jim traverses the field next to Emily's body and begins to inspect her wound...

Jim slowly walked his way across the field, making his way down Emily’s body.  He could see and feel her trembling next to him, well aware of how scared she was.  As much as it pained to see someone in pain, he knew full well that he’d be inflicting a lot more pain on her when he got down to her ankle to get the sign out of her.

Each step brought forth pain in him as well.  Each time his broken leg moved as he hobbled, it hurt him.  He, however, had a high tolerance for pain.  He was starting to get used to all the pain he was enduring, knowing that Emily’s was much worse.  He had to take care of her before himself.  He could live after a broken ankle, but Emily could get sick if her wound wasn’t taken care of quickly.

Making his way past her breasts and in front of her bare belly, he started to feel the exhaustion of walking with one leg.  He stopped and stood still for a moment, trying to catch his breath.  Taking a few deep breaths, he looked around.  Emily’s soft belly was to the side, perfectly curved and decorated with a small, cute belly ring.  Smiling as he saw it, he couldn’t help but notice how pretty this girl looked.    She was tall, had a nice figure, and the belly ring just rang around in his head.

Trying not to get lost in his own thoughts about her, Jim shook his head and started hobbling again, working his way further down the field, his eyes set on the bloodied ankle down below, just above her white sneakers.  It wouldn’t be easy to do what he knew had to be done, both physically for him and for how much pain he’d inflict on the poor girl, but he knew he had to do it.  She was in trouble, and he was the only one who could do anything about it.

Making it past her knee, Jim started thinking about everything that had happened during the day.  He’d come in, expecting to just have a simple clean-up job.  What he got was something much, much better.  He’d made 2, possibly 3 new friends who were kind to him.  While he knew the Larges were as tall as they were, but their attitudes were a pleasant surprise to him.  Not only were they ridiculed all the time, but they still remained a happy race of people.  He didn’t understand why people couldn’t just accept them.

As he worked his way further, he reached her calves and, finally, her ankle.  He looked at it and started to get a nervous feeling in his stomach.  The site of her injury was nauseating, especially at its size.  He approached her ankle, but made sure not to touch it.  If the sign had dug deep enough, even the softest touch to the skin around the injury could hurt Emily.  He closely examined the sign and the injury itself for a few minutes before deciding to do anything about it.

The injury itself looked awful to Jim.  She’d completely uprooted the sign when it had gone into her.  There was a huge hole in the ground where the sign originally was.  She was lying on her side at the moment, the sign sticking straight up in the air.  It had gone in just about a foot above where her sneaker ended.  Unfortunately for her, she was wearing low-top shoes.  Had the cheering squad assigned high-tops, the sneaker might have been able to catch most of the injury. 

Her ankle and foot were trembling as he inspected them.  Looking up, towards her upper body, he could see Emily’s head and face.  She was looking down at him, with tears running down her face.  She was obviously scared to death about this.  Calling down to him, she asked him if he would be able to help her, stuttering a little as she talked.  In reply, and trying to keep in high spirits, Jim smiled and gave her a thumbs up.

“No problem, Emily!  I’ll have this out and you’ll be all smiles in no time!”

Emily tried to crack a smile at hearing the almost-muffled response from little Jim.  She remembered how he’d told her that she’d experience a lot of pain from this, but she thought it was thoughtful of him to try and cheer her up, despite the pain he’d be inflicted on her.  She nodded down to him, saying “Okay, Jim.  What…What do you need me to do?”

Jim thought about her question for a moment, and then went back to the thought of how he was going to get the sign out of her ankle.  By the looks of it, about a foot of the sign had dug into her, so if he were to get into a good position, he should be able to pull it out himself.  The sign didn’t look that heavy, and he wasn’t exactly a weakling.  Gathering his thoughts, he called back up to Emily, telling her that she just needed to lay still.

“I’m going to have to climb on top of your sneaker to get to a good position to pull it out.  Is that alright?”

Emily nodded to him.  “O-okay, Jim.  Just be careful.  I don’t want to accidentally knock you off or anything…”

Jim smiled at her statement and then looked at the sneakers and legs before him.  Her sneaker, on its side, was almost as tall as he was, so it would make for a fairly easy climb.  The fact that the sneaker also had a pretty thorough design of imprinted stripes gave him a lot of possible climbing points.  Looking around, he knew that he would likely instill some pain near her ankle, so he began hobbling over towards the toe end of her shoe.  There’s be much more pressure during the climb than simple walking, and he wanted her to feel as little pain as possible.

Reaching his arms up and over the sneaker, he found some grooves to grip onto and pulled himself up.  The material itself felt almost like soft plastic. It was very smooth, yet soft, and had a cold-ish feeling to it.  As he pulled himself up, he looked down at the material, seeing how smooth and detailed the design was.

He couldn’t support himself with his broken leg, but as he pulled himself up and over, he brought up his good leg and began to stand himself to a crouched position.  As he did so, he looked up at Emily, who nodded to him, clarifying that she was doing alright.  He then began to hobble forwards, as comfortably as he could, taking each step slowly and trying to be as light and soft as he could.

As he made his way to the ‘ankle’ of the show, he firmly planted his foot down and tried to get into a good position in front of the sign.  A small whimpering could be heard from above.  Emily’s face had started to shake.  He kept himself still and gave her a slight bow, apologizing for having hurt her.  She, nervously, told him it was okay and that it wasn’t that bad.  He started to feel bad for her.  He’d just put a little pressure near her injury and it hurt her a lot.  He couldn’t imagine the pain she’d be going through when the sign was coming out.

Looking in front of him, the sign was still sticking up into the air.  Leaning forward and down slightly, he reached his arms out and gripped the post, where the sign ended and the spike that had punctured her ankle began.  As he gripped it, he looked up at Emily, who was intently watching him.  Calling up to her, he needed to remind her of what would happen next.

“Emily, please forgive me for this.  I’m going to pull this out of your ankle and it’s going to hurt.  A lot.  Just hang in there and everything will be alright, okay?”

Emily, her head starting to shake again, gave a soft nod.  Not wanting to keep her fear going any longer, Jim tightened his grip on the sign and began to pull upwards, hoping for it to come out as quickly as possible…

Chapter End Notes:

As Jim pulls on the sign, will it budge?  If it does, how much pain will he be inflicting on poor Emily?