- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Jim approaches his tormentor, only to find her cowering in fear of the pain and of him, of all people.  He slowly tries to comfort her and convince her to let him help...

Jim was shaking a little as he approached to enormous girl that had, until moments ago, caused him a lot of pain and misery.  His stomach still hurt a little as he hobbled across the field and a small jolt of pain was tingling in his leg as he dragged it along as he went.  He wanted to just fall over and start crying, but he knew he couldn’t.  He knew he had to do more and go out of his way to help the cheerleader that had been carrying him around, for she was in much worse shape than he was.

She’d tripped on a spiked sign and, in fallen, the sign had dug deep into her ankle, nearly impaling it and sending a constant stream of blood out from the wound it had made.  It was still suck in her ankle and she was on the ground, in tears.  Jim was frightened, but he knew he couldn’t just leave her miserable like this.  He knew she wasn’t aware of what she had done to him, and seeing her crying made him feel terrible.  He had to help her, if he could.

As he approached her face, he saw thick strands of red hair lying on the ground, leading to her head.  He looked down towards her ankle, and then towards the huge face in front of him.  He stood there for a moment, both giving himself a break from the pain in his leg, and to think about his options.  While he could just waltz down to her ankle and try to pull the sign out, it probably wasn’t the best plan.  He decided that the best course of action would be to try and get her attention.  She was obviously distraught at the moment, in shock from her injury.  He wouldn’t be able to help her unless he was able to calm her down.

Continuing on, he stood in front of her face.  It was nervously shaking, two streams of tears flowing from her eyes.  It went down her face and into the ground, where it was making two small puddles.  She was whimpering and sniffling as she cried with her eyes shut, causing a breeze to fly towards Jim.  His hair blew in the breeze and he immediately stopped when he’d first felt it.  The air was hot and he immediately closed his eyes, waiting to get used to it.  Once he’d become accustomed to the constant breeze that blew towards him, he continued forward and walking up to her cheeks. 

At his height, his head was up past her nose and eye level with her ‘top’ cheek.  He rose his shaking arm up at eye level and prepared to get her attention.  Softly pressing his hand against her cheek, he called up to her.  “H-Hey!  Miss!?”

The girl’s sniffling came to a stop when she felt something touching her cheek.  She slowly opened her eyes and took a look around, moving her eyes, but not shifting her already-shivering head.  As he looked, she could feel something on her cheek again.  Looking down, she could see a small person looking up at her, rubbing away part of one of her streams of tears.  Slowly pulling her face away from him, she lifted it up slightly and looked down at him.  “W-w..who are you?” she asked, almost scared.

Jim was in awe at the girl’s attitude towards him.  She was in so much pain at the moment, that seeing someone of his size, not much bigger than her own finger, made her afraid.  She, a gigantic lady, was afraid of little old Jim.  He slowly lowered his arm down to his side as he made a slight bow to her, and prepared to exchange greetings and names.

“H-hello, miss.  My name is Jim.  I work here at the school.  If I could…I’d like to be of some assistance to you.”

The girl blinked a few times, trying to process what he was saying.  He said he worked for the school and wanted to assist her in some way.    She was about to reply to her when she tried to move her leg, reminding her all too well of her current situation.  Pain soared through her leg as the sign moved inside of her ankle.  He head came crashing down to the ground, where it was before, and she screamed in pain.

Jim was blown off his feet as her head came back down.  Her mouth opening almost as wide as Jim was tall sent him rolling a few feet away from the force her screaming breath had produced.  He slowly picked himself up and hobbled back over to the whimpering girl.  Her eyes were squinting, but not completely shut, tears running out of them once again.  Her entire body was shivering as she endured the pain she had instilled on herself and slowly watched the small Jim approach her face again.

He walked up to her cheek again, but instead of pushing his hand on it, he leaned his entire body against it, almost snuggling against her flesh.  He was just above her lips and below her nose as he pushed up against her, trying to give her some of his warmth.  She started blushing as he did so, but couldn’t say anything.  She was crying too hard and the pain was too much for her to take along with talking.

As Jim leaned against her, he could feel the stream of tears hitting him.  It was rolling against his face and rolling down the front of his body, changing direction when it couldn’t continue down her cheek with Jim in the way.  He could feel his body getting drenched, but he didn’t move from his current position.  He closed his eyes for a moment, and then opened them back up, speaking to the girl.

“Listen…I know you’re in a lot of pain right now.  You’ve got a sign suck into your ankle and you’re bleeding, badly.  There’s no one else around right now, and I want to help you.  Will you allow me to go down and get the sign out?  It will cause you a lot of pain, but we have to get it out before any dirt or infection enters your body…”

“B-b-but I….it hurts,” the girl whimpered.  The pain was tormenting her and the idea of getting even more pain with someone trying to remove the sign was terrifying to her.  Her head was shivering even more at this point, proving to Jim just how frightened she was.  The pain must have truly been unbearable to get her into this state of mind. 

Jim started rubbing his body around on her cheeks, and gave her a soft kiss as he tried to convince her to let him help her.

“I…I know, but it’s only going to get worse if you leave it stuck there.  You’re hurt, and we need to get you better.  I understand your pain.  You feel like it’s unbearable as it is, and the very thought of the pain being worse makes your situation even worse.  I wish there was another way to help you, I really do.  You are a beautiful young lady.  Those tears and the fear you’re experiencing don’t suit you.  But those tears are only going to get worse if you don’t let me help you.  It’s going to be painful, I know, but I promise you’ll feel better afterwards.  So, please…can you trust me and let me pull that nasty sign out of your ankle?”

The girl was suddenly filled with a mix of emotions and new tears.  She started crying worse, but not because of her pain.  She could feel the kindness and love this man had for others.  He’d gone out of his way to help her.  He’d pressed himself into her body, called her beautiful, and even kissed her.  She’d never experienced anything like this before, and it brought her to tears.

She took in his words and compliments.  Trying to suck up as much pain as she could, she slowly moved her head back from where he was.  Softly nodding, she said “o…Okay, J-jim.  I…I trust you.  I’m just…scared.”

As the girl’s head left him, he stood there, holding his broken leg slightly in the air.  Partially smiling up to her, he nodded and called up to her once before turning to go and help her out.  “Thank you for trusting me.  I promise I won’t do anything to hurt you that isn’t necessary to get that sign out of you.”

“W-wait!” said the girl, causing Jim to immediately stop his movement and turn up to her.  She looked down at him and tried to crack as much of a smile as she could.  Softly whimpering, she said one last thing before he would be leaving her face.  “E…Emily.  I’m…Emily.”

Jim smiled up at her and nodded.  “It’s nice to meet you, Emily,” he said.  Standing there for a moment, he smiled up to her, his fear having gone down dramatically from comforting her and convincing her to let him help her.  He stared at her own smile and then turned to head down her body and to her ankle.   

Chapter End Notes:

As he learns her name, will Jim be successful in both helping and befriending the gigantic cheerleader known as Emily?