- Text Size +

She finally drove him home. In the weeks ahead, they took every opportunity to start filming episodes of the Captain Miniature television show, after O’Malley had successfully pitched a pilot episode to one of the networks.

One lunch time, Bryce Banta was reading a book alone, up in the classroom, when he heard a lot of noise coming from the playground. Looking out the window, he saw a scene of bullying and decided that it could use the personal attention of Captain Miniature. Bryce stripped off his outer school uniform clothing and tossed it behind the lockers. Then he shrank to tiny size, pulled the mask over his face, and used the unique sense that he had acquired from his original consumption of the Super Schoolboy Formula. It would always enable his body to send a quick signal to his brain, instructing his mind as to which power he had acquired. On this occasion, he found that he had received Telly-Scopic vision: the ability to see what was tuned in on any TV screen in a five mile radius of his location.

He was sure that this power would not be of any help in dealing with bullies, as he ran towards the classroom door. Then into the room came the tallest and most beautiful girl in the 9th grade: namely Skye Larke. She had long red hair and a gorgeous face that took his breath away. When she saw the tiny teen on the classroom floor, she ran over and snatched him up.

“So you’re Captain Miniature!” she said, “I thought your powers on TV looked too realistic to be done with special effects and stunts. It would only be apparent to an advanced scientific mind like mine. I’ve spent years putting on a respectable front as the most diligent girl in the school. I’ve been head cheerleader, and chief of the Lunch Hour Maximization Society. My real plans are quite different from the outward show I put on. In the years ahead, I plan to use my most powerful invention: the Equal Impunity Perfume. It will enable me to take over the Australian business world. I didn’t know that the only potential threat to my plans (namely Captain Miniature) was someone in my own class at school. Still, I’ve been meaning to get you out of the way since I first realised you’d be a threat to my plans. The best way to do that is to supplement my lunch with a Miniature mouthful. I’ll just go and refill my drink bottle with water to wash you down.”

She put him on the cupboard and left the classroom. He restored his size, and retrieved his clothes from where he’d hidden them behind the lockers.

Having learned that he’d acquired such a dangerous opponent, he was more careful than ever to guard his secret identity, by fleeing the room before she returned and deduced it. After school, he headed quickly out into the school grounds and shrank surreptitiously again, removing his school uniform. Then he realised he could also telekinetically reduce the uniform to a size so small that it could fit into the pocket of the costume. This would come in handy. He waited on the branch of a tree, which Skye Larke would have to walk under on her way out of the school.

As soon as Skye was right under the branch, he dropped down into her backpack, using the power of invulnerability that he had acquired this time in order to survive the fall. This way he learned her address, something that would come in handy in his future attempts to stop her corporate goals.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Skye's the limit.