- Text Size +
Giantesses of the Apocalypse
Part 2: Rosebud
By Astrogator




King was just finishing up his morning workout when Thuvia brought in the new man. He had run five miles on the treadmill, did 150 pushups, then did an easy fifty laps in the pool to cool off. King sat on the edge of the pool for a moment to catch his breath, then took a towel and dried himself in front of the mirror. As always he studied himself in the mirror appraisingly. A pleasure male's body was his most important asset, he reflected, and for the most part he liked what he saw. His eyes ran over the bulging biceps, the well developed pectorals, the massive thighs, the hard, flat stomach. The gray at his temples worried him a little. He wondered: How old am I? There was no way to figure time in this place where he was, but he must have been here for years. He guessed his age at no more than forty, but he could not be sure.

The ceiling suddenly creaked and swung back as Thuvia opened the lid of the malehouse. King turned away from the mirror startled and looked up at the beautiful giantess kneeling over him. Thuvia's sixty foot frame was draped in the usual loose white netting which from a distance looked like diaphanous silk. Her golden hair was tied behind her head and one shoulder was bare, yielding the total effect of a colossal statue of a Grecian goddess come to life. At first King assumed that it was feeding time, for she held a dish in her left hand, a small saucer about ten feet in diameter. The giantess set the dish on the floor of the cage and continued to look down at it.

There was no food on the dish, however, but only the slim nude figure of a young man, curled up into the foetal position and moaning. King studied the youth for a moment, then looked up into Thuvia's vast green eyes. He heard Thuvia's thought speech forming words in his head. "Teach him, " she said. "Train him."

King suspected why the young man had been brought, and he did not wish to obey. He tried to push the negative thoughts from his head but you could not conceal anything from Thuvia. Aloud he said, "I will teach him well." Thuvia could not hear his voice, but rather his thoughts which were like an open book to her.

She spoke to him again. The words came into his head as a low, feminine voice and they were angry in tone. "You disappoint me, little one. Nevertheless, I know you will obey." The tone of her thought speech softened and she said, "Train him and teach him all the tricks you know, and you will make Thuvia very happy." She reached out slowly with one hand and caressed the side of his body with one finger. "But do not work too hard today, my strong man. Tonight, Thuvia will need you very much." Her eyes suddenly took on a distracted look and she hurried away, leaving the malehouse lid open.

King was shaken. Thuvia had rebuked him unfairly, just because of a fleeting thought that was beyond his control. In spite of the brief caress, he was certain that she had not forgiven him, that she no longer loved him. Most men pretend to love their goddesses, but their devotions are selfish, born out of fear and a desire to prolong their own lives. He must show her that his love was true and pure and the only way to do that was to sacrifice his own life to give her a daughter.

He imagined how it would be afterward. Thuvia would be surprised at first, perhaps a little annoyed at being impregnated unexpectedly, but mainly she would be delighted and she would be very pleased with him and would smile when she thought of him. A daughter would grow inside of Thuvia, and one day Thuvia would give birth to a young goddess who would grow up to look down on the world from a great height through vast green eyes. And in her veins would flow the blood of Winston King. Perhaps Thuvia would tell his daughter about him, and of the one great true love she had known. She would feel sorry that she had not been kinder to him while he was alive.

Suddenly a wave of nausea swept through King's stomach and he ran to the toilet and retched repeatedly. "Snap out of it, " he said to himself between heaves. "Your thinking suicide again." When he brought his stomach under control again, King sat down on a bench and held his head down between his knees.

He recognized that nausea as the nausea of fear. You can fool your mind, he reflected, but not your body.

After a few minutes, King rose and walked to where the young man still lay sniveling and kicked him in the rump. "Get up, you little wimp. You've got work to do."

The youth rolled over and stared at King with fear crazed eyes. "What's the matter, don't you understand English?" King demanded roughly. That's all he needed, he thought, a trainee he could not even communicate with. He took the young man's arm and dragged him to his feet.

"Leave me alone, " said the youth, shaking his arm loose from the older man's grip. He cringed away from King and stood hunched over, cowering and trembling.

"So you can talk!" King exclaimed happily. "We should thank the goddess for small favors!"

The youth regarded King's powerfully built body. He noted that they were both nude and looked around anxiously at the pool, the weights, and the exercise treadmill. "Does...hell...look like...a YMCA?" he asked.

King's mouth dropped open in dismay. "Did you make a joke, boy?"

The young man emitted a nervous giggle. "I...I...guess I did."

"You are going to be allright, kid. Now you just listen to Winston King and everything will be just great." King clapped him on the shoulder and said, "To answer your question, this is not hell, but it might as well be."

"Is it coming back?" the young man asked.

"It? It is a she, boy, and she is coming back. But don't worry, she won't hurt you. She is the giantess Thuvia, and she has more important things on her mind than making trouble for little old you."

"I guess that's your job."

King was exasperated. "Believe it or not, I am trying to help you, boy."

"Don't call me boy."

"Then why the hell won't you tell me your name so I'll know what in hell to call you!" King exploded.

The youth backed away a step but he said, "Oh...my name is Oliver Rose. Just don't call me Rosebud."

"Rosebud, I like that, " said King maliciously. "Okay, Rosebud, get in the pool and clean yourself up. The next thing we need to do is police up the area a bit before Thuvia gets back. She likes us to keep this place clean, and we want to keep Thuvia happy."

Rosebud went meekly to the pool without further protest. King noted the lid was open and the outdoor breeze was chilling their quarters. He grabbed a robe from a peg on the wall and slipped it over himself, then started by cleaning up the dish on which Rosebud had arrived. A few minutes later, Rosebud and King set to work with mops and pails cleaning the floor of the malehouse, in their white robes and bare feet.

As they worked, King told Rosebud the facts of life. "The cosmos belongs to the giantesses," he explained. "All the stars, all the planets, and all the people."

"We are their slaves?" asked Rosebud.

"Not slaves, " King told him. "Would you have any use for a slave the size of one of your fingers? No, we are sort of like family. The giantesses are not supernatural beings at all. They are born, they grow old, they die, just like we do, but there are some important differences. They are much bigger than we are, they are longer lived, and a hell of a lot smarter."



"So what do they want with us?"

King stopped working for a moment and leaned on his mop. "We are males, aren't we? And they are females. They need us to make baby giantesses."

Rosebud pulled up short and stared at King. "But, how...."

King resumed mopping. "We'll get to that later. Here's the important thing. Everytime you make one baby giantess, you scratch one male. That's why there are all those nice little women our size; to make sure that there will always be enough surplus males to make baby giantesses."

"That's screwy, " protested Rosebud, following King across the floor. "Thing's just don't work like that."

"You went to school, didn't you?" asked King, looking back over his shoulder as he mopped. "There are more weird things in nature than you can put in a book. Didn't you ever hear about ants, and bees, and spiders?"

"Yeah, " acknowledged Rosebud. "But those are all insects."

"Not spiders, " laughed King. "They have eight legs, and insects have six legs. And what about Kangaroos? When a baby kangaroo is born it looks like a little worm about an inch long. It has to climb up its mother's belly and get into her pouch or it will die. Mother Nature is the cruelest giantess of all, my friend. Look at baby alligators. Most of them get eaten by their parents before they get a chance to grow up. Mother Nature only cares about getting the job done."

Thuvia suddenly appeared, standing erect beside the malehouse, towering 60 feet into the sky and casting a shadow over them. Rosebud fled to a corner and cringed there. There was something gleaming in the goddess's hand, which she lowered toward Rosebud slowly. She held the object a few feet over the youth's head and there was a brilliant flash of light. Thuvia straightened up.

"What is she doing?" the frightened Rosebud asked.

"She just took your picture, boy, " said King. "Nothing to worry about."

For a moment, Thuvia stood looking at the gleaming object in her hand, and frowning. Then she knelt and stared down at Rosebud. Rosebud suddenly gave a cry of pain and clapped his hands to his skull. "My head, " he screamed. "Something is roaring inside my head."

"It's the thought speech, " King shouted. "She is trying to talk to you. It takes awhile to get the knack of understanding it. I guess she just tried too hard."

Apparently Thuvia was growing impatient, for she put out her hand toward Rosebud and attempted to pick him up. Rosebud scrambled away from her reaching hand and darted first one way and then another as she tried to catch him. "Stop that, you idiot, " warned King. "She might accidently hurt you if you make her chase you!"

Thuvia suddenly desisted and turned her eyes toward King. She spoke briefly in the thought speech and King relayed the message. "She wants you to take off your clothes."

"Why?"

"She wants a nude shot!"

Thuvia was standing once more, holding the gleaming object. The youth slipped off his robe and stood cowering and shivering. "Straighten up and smile, Rosebud, " said King. "This is for the family album. Someday your giantess-daughter will want to know what you looked like."

Rosebud did his best. The camera flashed once more and Thuvia went away satisfied. As he slipped back into his robe, he asked, "What will my daughter be like?"

"She'll be a lot like Thuvia, " King told him. "And maybe a little like you."

"But I die when her life begins?"

"I am afraid that's the way it breaks down."

Rosebud tightened up the belt of his robe and settled himself on a bench. He sat there in silence for several minutes. "My own daughter...a goddess, " he suddenly said. "How long will she live?"

King answered from across the room. "Seven, eight thousand years, probably."

Oliver Rose pulled his knees up to his chest and hugged them. "Imagine that, " he said. "Imagine that."

***

Several days later, King and Rose were working out in the pool. Rose was lying spread-eagled face down in the water with King's hands supporting him at the waist. "The most important technique is the back thrust, " said King. "Normally you are inserted into the vagina head first. When the contraction starts, it will try to shove you forward, toward the glory hole. Don't let it. As soon as you feel it, push backward into the contraction and let it grip your body instead of pushing against you. The worst thing you can do is recoil from it."

"What happens if it pushes me into the glory hole?" asked Rose.

"If that happens, you become a father, " King told him. "Now, practice thrusting backward. Push your feet back, straight out behind you and push yourself backward with your hands. Try it."

For an hour King coached Rose in the back thrust until the young man was exhausted. Then they sat on the edge of the pool and talked. King contemplated the youngster's slender build worriedly. "One thing we need to do is put some beef on you, " he said. "It takes strength as well as endurance to fight the contractions. I just hope we have enough time to build you up with the weights before Thuvia decides to take you to bed."

"If she wants to conceive with me in her, there is not much I can do about it, is there?" asked Rose breathing heavily. "Like you said, if she uses the jelly on me, I'm done."

"That's right, " King replied. "I don't think she intends to get pregnant right away, but accidents do happen and even goddesses are subject to whims. We'll just have to hope there is time. As soon as you get your breath back we'll do some bench presses and clean and jerk." King stood, walked to a shelf and came back with some printed plastic sheets which he laid on the floor in front of Rose.

"This is a diagram of a woman's body, " said King, pointing. "The giantesses are built almost exactly the same, except they are bigger. I'm going tell you exactly what happens if you mess up. Here you are in the vagina. You get tired, you don't time a contraction right, you get squirted right into the glory hole." He pointed on the diagram to the cervix. "This leads into the womb, or uterus as it says here. The muscles in the womb are much stronger than those in the vagina."

"Women don't have muscles in the vagina," interjected Rose.

"Yes they do," King told him. "Once you get into the womb, you can't get out. The glory hole tightens up behind you and the womb muscles contract. You get squeezed into the upper portion of the womb near the egg. The wall of the womb attaches itself to you, a tube grows out from it and forces its way down your throat to bring you food and air. You get a huge dose of hormones that sends you into a glory state and steps up sperm production."

"What's a glory state?" asked Rose.

"Endless orgasm. The sperm is drained steadily from your body as fast as you can make it. Your whole metabolism speeds up to provide energy for accelerated sperm production." King leaned back. "What I have told you is nature's solution to the problem of mating a male with a female who weighs a thousand times as much as he does. Straightforward, cruel, and beautiful. The male simply delivers the sperm right to the site of the egg. As a bonus for his services, he experiences several days of delirious exquisite pleasure."

"Then he dies?"

"As soon as the egg is fertilized, " said King, "air and food are withdrawn. The male dies, his body gradually shrivels and disappears."

Rose was thoughtful. King waited for him to ask a question, but when none came he suggested they get on to the bench presses.

All day they continued with the workouts, and Rose was almost totally silent except for an occasional grunted "yes" or "no." That evening Thuvia came and looked in on them but she took no one to bed with her. Rose had overcome his terror of the giantess finally and stood looking up at her respectfully as she knelt over them and spoke a few stroking words in thought speech.

When Thuvia went away Rose remarked, "I heard her clearly that time, Winston. She called me her little rosebud."

"I thought you didn't like that nickname, " said King.

"I did not say I liked it, " Rose pointed out. "All I said was, she called me by it."

"No she didn't," King shot back. "She sent you a caressing, motherly thought. Your own brain supplied the words. That's how thought speech works. She sends pure ideas and your mind translates them into the right words for you."

"She really likes me," said Rose with awe. "She really cares about me."

"You better hope she doesn't get to liking you too much. She might decide to have your daughter."

"I think I would like that," Rose admitted.

"Well don't get your hopes up." King was a little concerned as he regarded the young man. Was he talking suicide or just being whimsical? "Thuvia is full of love and kindness and affection, but she cares about you about as much as a normal woman cares about a flower. Think of the size of that brain behind those big green eyes, and don't imagine you can hope to understand what is going on in her head. You and I are a very, very small part of her life."

Rose suddenly seemed to have resolved something in his mind. They were lying on their blankets, ready for sleep, when Rose sprang up to a sitting position. "We are the giantesses!" he said.

"It suddenly came to me just now, " said Rose. "We are the giantesses! When we fertilize the egg and die, our spirit goes into the body of the giantess-daughter. We become giantesses after we die!"

"I think you are cracking up, " said King. "When you're dead you're dead and that's all there is to it. Now quit talking like an idiot and go to sleep."

***

But Rose would not give up on the idea. He continued to talk about it for days and began to neglect his workouts. King decided it was time for a heart-to-heart.

"Listen, Rosebud." King had returned from running on the treadmill and found Rose idling on his blanket. "You had better get back on the program or your first time in the box is going to be your last. Thuvia told me to train you as a pleasure male, and that is what I intend to do."

"You are training me not to father a giantess-daughter, " Rose replied indolently. "But that is just what I want to do. Someday Thuvia will come and take me to her bed as she has done with you many times since I have been here. You tickle her insides a little and the next morning she washes you and brings you back. That's not what I want. I want to go down that glory hole."

"You are talking suicide, " King said to him.

"It is not suicide, " was Rose' reply. "It's the beginning of a new life as one of them."

"That's baloney, " said King and rolled over on his blanket. "I don't want to hear any more of this stupid talk."

"It's the only way out of here, " Rose observed. "Down the glory hole."

King sat up on his blanket, exasperated. "You are absolutely right. That is the only way out of here. But there is something you are forgetting. It is not up to you when it happens. Thuvia has no intention of becoming pregnant right now. She is training you as a pleasure male. She may be planning to give you to a friend of hers who does not have a pleasure male. The point is, Thuvia or some other giantess will decide when it is time for you to become a father."

"All I have to do is relax and let it happen, " said Rose. "The first time Thuvia takes me, that is what I am going to do."

"She can read your mind, you idiot. If she doesn't want to become pregnant, she'll never let you near her box."

"I don't think she can read my mind as well as she can yours," rejoined Rose. "Not yet, anyway. I had a lot of trouble hearing thought speech at first, remember. It still isn't always clear. Just maybe I can fool her long enough to get my chance."

"But I know," King pointed out. "She can read my mind like a book. She will look into my mind to find out if you are ready. I'm your trainer. She will want to know if I think you are ready."

"You did not want to train me at first, did you?" said Rose. "You were jealous of me when she brought me here. You thought maybe I was to be your replacement."

"Maybe you are."

Rose continued. "She must have seen that. I could tell, and I can't read your mind at all. She knows you are a reluctant trainer and that you would like to see me go down the glory hole. Maybe she won't trust what she sees in your mind. Maybe she will misinterpret what she sees. It is worth a try. You've got to help me!"

King sat quietly on the blanket a long time, staring at Rose in the waning light. Finally he said, "You are nuts. It won't work. But I am not going to try to stop you. Let me give you some advice, though. Thuvia will never be fooled if you don't finish your training. A pleasure male has to look like a pleasure male. You'll have to get back on the weights."

"Agreed," said Rose.

Rose kept his part of the bargain, and did get back to his exercises. As the weeks passed, he began to develop the massive musclature of the trained pleasure male. When Thuvia came to look in on them, to bring food or supplies, she noticed Rose' progress and expressed her pleasure to King. As far as they could tell, she noticed nothing amiss in either Rose' mind or King's.

One evening, just before the hour when Thuvia normally came, King said to Rose, "I don't know if you are still planning on going through with this harebrained idea of yours and I don't want to know. The fact is, you are ready now. I have taught you all I can, but there is one thing I haven't bothered to tell you because it usually isn't necessary. Thuvia will need a little help to become aroused. She has to sense fear on your part."

"It can't be true!" exclaimed Rose. "Not Thuvia! She is a kind and gentle giantess. There is no sadism in her!"

"It is not sadism, " King told him. "It is a survival adaptation. A normal, untrained male in the hands of a randy giantess will feel a lot of fear. She senses this, both physically and mentally and desires to comfort the male in the most intimate way, which unfortunately for the male happens to be the thing he fears most. Between males and females caring leads to love which leads to sex. That's true for men, women, and giantesses. In the case of these giantesses, the harder she tries, the scareder he gets, and the harder she tries. It's all body juices, boy. They get into your blood and you do what they tell you. If you didn't, well, we wouldn't be here, or anywhere else, for that matter."

"I think I understand," mused Rose. "But don't worry. I think I'll be plenty scared."

An hour later, Thuvia came and took Rose away quickly. She did not pause to communicate with King and he felt hopeful that she had not sensed what was in his mind.

The next morning, Thuvia did not come, nor that night or all the next day. King was not inconvenienced because the malehouse was well stocked with blankets, towels, clothes, food, and had running water. When Rose was not returned, King immediately began to worry. Had Rose achieved his goal? How would Thuvia react? Would she blame him for an unwanted pregnancy? Do giantesses have abortions, and would the fruit of Rose's sacrifice be wasted? While he waited uneasily for Thuvia's return, he continued with the routine of housekeeping, exercise, preparing meals, exercise, washing and sleeping.

Then the next evening, at bedtime, Thuvia came. She took King to her bedroom, washed him, and set him on her stomach in the bed. She did not communicate with him in any way. Her face was unexpressive and her thought speech was withheld, until that moment.

Then she lowered her eyes toward King and poured out at him the most terrible scolding he had ever experienced. "You do not love Thuvia, " she said. "You do not want Thuvia to be happy. You do not want Thuvia to have pleasure after you die. You are not a good man."

As King listened to these words forming in his mind, he fell forward abjectly on his hands and knees and put his head down on her warm olive skin. He cowered there trembling, waiting for death. He had never seen anything to match Thuvia's enormous wrath, and he knew she was pregnant, that she blamed him, and that she was going to punish him in some terrible way. And he knew that he deserved it. He could feel the increasing tempo of the rise and fall of her breast as she began to breath faster, and he dared raise his head and look into her vast green eyes.

He saw those eyes liquid with desire, and he suddenly knew that she was not pregnant and that all was well. He felt her hands close gently around him and push him slowly down her stomach toward the warmth between her legs.

For Thuvia, it was a most excellent sexual experience. For King, he had the consolation of knowing that he had given one of the most satisfactory performances of his long career as a pleasure male. Afterward, as he lay beside her on the bed, he congratulated himself on the quality of his work. He had used every trick he knew to heighten her state of arousal and prolong it, even at the risk of his own life. He had taken chances he had never dared take before, and would probably never dare take again.

Thuvia spoke tenderly to King as he lay there beside her.

"Thuvia is not ready to bear a child again, " she told him. "Dejah, the sister of Thuvia will have Rosebud's daughter. Tonight Rosebud will be a father." The next thought could not be put into words in the thought speech, but King understood it just the same. He sensed the condescending amusement of a vast intellect at the presumption of an inferior one. He felt the blood rushing into his skin as he blushed all over with embarassment. Even though he was already nude, it was only then that he felt truly naked.

***

It was to be many lifetimes of a man before Thuvia felt the desire to once again bear a child. As the years passed, Thuvia acquired other pleasure males, and took King to her bed less and less. Yet she refused to part with him, and the end of his prime came and went. Thuvia moved him to a special male house in a back corner of her garden. It was shaped and painted to resemble an English country cottage. There was a door that he could open and close himself, real furniture, even real books on the shelves. There were no hinges on the roof so that it could be opened from above by a goddess' hand.

He could go out into the garden and walk among the trees whenever he wished. Sometimes, King would walk to the old malehouse near the front of the garden and stare at its windowless, doorless walls. On nice days, when the lid was left open, he could hear the whir of the treadmill, the clang of weights, and the earnest voices of young men speaking languages he did not understand.

Sometimes, early in the morning, or late in the evening, he would see Thuvia working in the garden, moving steamshovel loads of earth with each turn of her mighty trowel, crouching magnificently over full grown trees, or admiring the ponderosa pine that she had brought from Earth as seedlings and planted herself many centuries ago. On extremely rare occasions, she would notice King watching her and send a caressing thought toward him.

As King grew older, and less able to get around, Thuvia would occasionally come to visit him at the cottage. She would seat herself on the ground in front of the house and tap on the door with a finger until he came out. Then she would take him in her hands and stroke him with her thoughts. Many weeks would go by between these visits, and King cherished every one. Sometimes, when Thuvia was in a contemplative mood, she would share with King some of the details of her own life beyond this garden and her own house. Much of it was beyond his understanding, but still he learned many things about the world of the giantesses, about their society, and he resolved to write it down.

One day, when King was a very old man, and had taken to spending most of the day sitting in the sun in front of his house, Thuvia came toward the cottage leading a very young giantess child by the hand. The giantess child was quite small, standing a mere twenty feet on bare legs. Thuvia knelt down in front of King and placed the child beside her. "This is Thera, Daughter of Thuvia's sister, Dejah." Thera looked up at Thuvia, and knelt down in the same position. This brought her head almost down to King's level when he rose up from his bench.

King extended his hand in greeting and said, "Hello, Thera, daughter of Dejah." His hand was enclosed by Thera's big chubby fist and the child laughed. Thuvia leaned close and whispered something in her ear which made Thera laugh once more.

"Thera is too young for thought speech, " said Thuvia to King. "She greets the friend of her little father." Thuvia took something from the pocket of her gown and handed it to the child. Thera laid the object on the ground in front of King and pointed.

When King looked down he saw a full color, three dimensional photograph of Oliver Rose, as a young nude man, staring anxiously up at the camera. A strange deep voice suddenly said, "Rosebud!"

King looked up and saw that it was Thera speaking, not through thoughts, but with her mouth. "Rosebud! Rosebud!" the child repeated, and each time she put her hand on her chest. King looked up at Thuvia hoping she would read in his mind the need for an explanation, and supply it. Instead, Thuvia touched King gently with one finger, then put the photograph away, hoisted the child in her arms and carried her back toward her house.

King never saw the child again, but he pondered the meaning of that day many times. Was the child trying to say that Rosebud was her father? Or was that Oliver Rose, trying to communicate with him, to tell him what lay on the other side of the glory hole?