- Text Size +

Chapter 9

For the people of the United States it was hell. They thought Robyn was huge before, but what they witnessed now was worse than their worst nightmares. This woman grew without restrain, thousands of feet each minute, not caring about Arlington being wiped out by her now hill-like toes. They steamrollered over the city as she grew larger and larger. Robyn's shadow eclipsed more and more land. First, an entire city, then several, then an entire state. And still she continued growing.

Enormous canyons formed with loud cracking sounds around her feet, swallowing forests, hills, cities and rivers. Even parts of the Appalachians disappeared into them as she was growing. The tectonic plate she stood upon was pressed down by her immense weight, but raised on the other side like it was a gigantic seesaw she was standing on. The plate caused huge earthquakes as its rise formed a new mountain range, taking many settlements with it, ripping them apart and killing thousands.

Robyn's grow also pressed the ground far below sea level, increasing the area of the Atlantic. And still she grew, determined as she was to remain alive when a nuke hit her. She rose higher and higher. Some people at home, watching the news, died from pure stress, so overwhelming was her vast body.

 

Finally, Robyn stopped growing.

 

She was 1,000 miles tall!

All of North America was able to see her now, parts of her lower body hidden by the curvature of the Earth on the western coast. Robyn peered down her unfathomable huge body. Around her feet, the Atlantic washed, her tremendous weight had pushed the entire states of Maryland and Virginia into it. Looking around, it was to her like standing on a large map of the U.S.. She could even see the coasts of Europe and Africa. America was no bigger to her than a large garden, she could cross it within a minute. Mountains looked like little ripples, lakes no more than small blots. Even the largest metropolis was no more than a speck of grey, and vast woods little green dots.

"Now, you microbes, I'll teach you the meaning of Ragnarok!", she boomed, using the term the ancient Norsemen had for the end of the world. "Prepare to be annihilated!", she bellowed for the entire world to hear. Robyn's height made her lost all sense for morality.

Robyn went on a rampage no human being had ever anticipated to be possible. She walked all over North America, her 130 mile long feet obliterating dozens of cities at once. She trod down the Rockies in a half a minute, the mountains not even reaching halfway up her toes. Earthquakes caused by her footfalls shattered the entire continent, magma welling up from Earth's bowels, weather patterns changed. Life was compressed to diamonds by her feet, whose weight alone would have sufficed to do so. But they carried her 1,000 mile tall body, supporting a weight no force on Earth ever could. Nothing, not even the toughest roaches who survived nuclear explosions, were able to withstand her.

After North America was destroyed, Robyn proceeded to South America, just by stepping over the Caribbean Sea, using Cuba as if it was a stepping stone.

"Aaww, the soles of my cute, little feet are dirty. I think a metropolis or two is still stuck to it, caught between my toes," she said, lifting a foot and turning it so she could see what was under her sole. It was black and full of dirt.

Then, Robyn placed both her feet on the Brazilian rain forest and started to wipe them, like the huge jungle was a patch of moss. She destroyed countess acres of rain forest, and smeared the water of the Amazon River all over Brazil. "I don't want to dirty the Ocean,' she said with mock apology, and walked into the Atlantic.

The ocean hardly came up her ankles as she waded through it. Arriving in Central Africa, Robyn continued her walk, occasionally grinding a grey patch that was a major city into the ground using nothing but her big toe. Within a minute, she had crossed the continent, standing at its eastern coast. The "dark continent" was literally split in two by her, as the tectonic plates, unable to carry her weight, broke in half and created a new naval passage from the Atlantic to the Indian Ocean. Robyn's stroll took care of that, as well as the destruction of six countries and countless lives. Looking around, she saw the Sahara to the north and got an idea. Smiling mischievously, she walked towards the desert, torturing Africa even more while doing so. Robyn didn't even think of the millions of lives she snuffed out or the hundreds of cities she obliterated.

Arriving at the Sahara, she knelt down on one knee, destroying three more African cities with it. Robyn collected the Sahara's sand, sweeping it in the form of a mountain many times higher than Mount Everest, while entire desert villages and cities, along with their inhabitants, were buried in it. For Robyn, so huge clouds hardly reached the top of her toes, the settlements were hardly the size of small pebbles, she didn't even notice them. Having finished her sandy mountain, she scooped up as many sand as she managed in her 120 mile long hands, and threw it towards Europe. Again and again, countless millions of tons of sand flew across the Mediterranean Sea, covering all of Italy, Spain, Portugal and the Balkan countries. Those that did not die because of buildings collapsing and crumbling under the unimaginable amounts of hot desert sand suffocated to death in it. Robyn, on the other hand, felt like a kid in a sand-box. After having buried half of Europe under the sand, she stood up, brushing herself of.

"And now it's Eurasia's turn," she said full of glee.

Robyn left Africa with a dozen 150 mile long, 20 mile deep chasms the size and shape of her bare feet, some of them slowly filling with water from both oceans, lowering the global sea level. She jumped over the Mediterranean Sea and landed in Germany, her strong legs taking her further than she thought. The impact of her landing made the entire continent leap up, and she even managed to change the axial tilt of the Earth somewhat, resulting in world wide climate changes because of milder seasons.

"Aaaww, is this Europe? Destroyed by a girl jumping on it?", she said, seeing red spots emerging and growing larger all around her, burning everything they touched, be it cities, forests or harbors. It was magma, once again welling up from Earth, as her impact caused chasms 30 miles deep. Most of Europe was being destroyed by it.

"Then I'll visit Asia. Bah!" Robyn spat a wad of saliva after saying this, covering the Danish capital of Copenhagen.

Walking to the east, each of her footfalls caused cracks in the earth dwarfing the Grand Canyon. Kiev and Moscow totally disappeared in one of them, even though Robyn didn't even come near these cities. Countless other cities were destroyed as well, pressed down two dozen miles into the ground, while millions of acres of farmland and woods were rendered useless. Following a sudden whim, Robyn laid down, and rolled all the way to the Pacific, steamrolling Asia, flattening the Himalaya and killing more than a billion Chinese within ten seconds. Asia too was leveled below sea level as Robyn plunged into the Pacific, aiding the flood that was already washing over the continent a good deal.

Robyn wanted to swim to Australia, but the Pacific was not deep enough for her. So she waded again, her 550 mile long legs carelessly sweeping scores of Indonesia's isles aside. After having arrived at Australia she circumvented it, destroying Perth, Canberra, Melbourne, Sidney and a number of other cities in the procedure. Then, she walked to the middle of the continent and laid down in its desert.

Robyn's 1000 mile long body rested on Australia's desert like it was a mattress. It's sand felt warm to her, feeling pleasant. Robyn thought about her enormous body. She was beyond comparison, everything else was tiny and insignificant. She wondered how many gallons of water would fit in her navel alone.

"Even blue whales would consider my navel a huge swimming pool," Robyn thought, lifting her head a little and looking at it. Gazing up again, she saw the moon, even though it was daylight. Robyn fantasized about growing until the moon was the size of a volleyball to her, playing her game with it and sending it into the sun with a smash. "Rampaging Robyn, the ultimate giantess, plays ball games with planets and their satellites," she said to herself.

The world was destroyed now, most of mankind was dead. "Why didn't they try a nuke when they still had the chance", she wondered. Oh, well, their mistake. Robyn wanted to finish the Earth, growing so large she could smash it between her hands, like a balloon filled with water.

"Let's do it," she thought, and focused on growing again. She felt her body expand again.

But suddenly, she began to shrink.

"What?" she cried, sitting upright. "Grow! Grow! GROW!", she kept screaming, but instead of herself, she saw the world grow larger. Robyn was shrinking fast, the vacuum she left caused huge storms, whistling all around her.

"NO!!! NO,NO,NO!!!", she screamed, nearly crying and terribly afraid. "Grow! I want to grow! Fuck! Dammit! Grow!"

But it was to no avail. She kept getting smaller, shrinking many miles per second.

Whatever she tried, Robyn couldn't help but see the surroundings turning into the proportions she was used to.

Then, just after she reached her usual height of 6'4, a light enveloped her.