- Text Size +

Chapter 6

Robyn walked, first crushing the expensive cars that remained on the facility's parking lot. Then houses by the handful with each step. Trees turned to mush, meadows changed into brown foot shaped patches of dirt, streets cracked open. Fleeing people were killed by the dozens, compressed in their cars or squashed like vermin under Robyn's feet. She enjoyed every second of it. What mayhem, what drama did she cause just by walking? Robyn could only imagine what the little people down there had to experience, seeing her walking by, crushing, demolishing, killing.

An elderly couple, having worked hard all their life, finally bought the house of their dreams. Looking at the large villa from a distance, they marveled at its beauty, surrounded by several age- old trees. Now they could enjoy their retirement in the tranquil place they saved their money for.

Suddenly, a huge foot came down upon their house, the air replacement knocking them both off their feet. When they got up, they saw the foot rising. The villa was compressed into the ground, little more than flattened debris. The century-old trees wooden pulp. Water from broken drainage pipes slowly filled the footprint Robyn had made. The woman fainted, the man too shocked to catch her.

A storekeeper opened his new store two days ago, after six months of renovations. Having bought all kinds of electronic equipment, thoroughly indebting himself, he saw his livelihood and future being destroyed in a split second as Robyn's foot crushed his store, along with every TV, computer, radio and other stuff worth hundreds of thousands of dollars. He too, fainted, after having pictured himself lying under a bridge, broke, homeless and forgotten.

Destroying everything in her way, Robyn walked over Baltimore Avenue towards Philadelphia's centre. There, she let loose. Robyn tore the city's largest building, Comcast Center, from the ground and folded it like an accordion. The glass rained pleasantly over her, it felt like a thin shower of silvery sand. Robyn trod upon traffic and people, houses and trees. Nothing was save for her gargantuan feet, swinging legs and grasping hands. She tore entire buildings from the ground, throwing them into others or crushing them in her huge hands. They crumbled like cookies, debris raining on anyone unlucky enough to be next to her.

Never being a good patriot, Independence Hall was crushed like a small Lego house under her sole, obliterating an important part of America's history and pride. Robyn pressed down slowly, savoring the crunching noises as the steel and concrete gave in under her unfathomable weight. The City Hall flew in countless pieces all over Philadelphia and plunged in the Delaware River as she kicked it violently.

Everywhere, alarms howled, people ran, screamed, prayed, cried. And most of all, they died, for Robyn's feet, each 300 feet long, squished and squashed without mercy.

She plucked a train from the railway, swinging it round and round like a small chain while cheerfully frisking like a little girl, smiling and destroying the work nearly 400 years ago started by the Dutch that was now modern-day Philadelphia.

"What's this?" she said, plucking a small speck of metal from the ground. It was Liberty Bell, now little more than a tiny ball to her. "Hmm, too small to hang on my earlobe. What do I make of it?", she thought. Then, without hesitation, she flicked it in her mouth and swallowed it without chewing. Liberty Bell was dissolved soon afterwards by her stomach acid.

Robyn broke a large chimney off a factory, and washed it in the Delaware River. Then she put the chimney in her mouth like a blowpipe. Spotting a mob of fleeing people, Robyn bent over them and sucked. The people disappeared in the chimney like sand in a vacuum cleaner. Robyn felt her mouth being filled with people, struggling and kicking. She chewed and swallowed them, dozens of people at once, and repeated the procedure. This way, hundreds were sucked through the chimney into her mouth, ending their lives between her teeth before descending into her stomach as red porridge.

BURP! Robyn didn't need any manners. After her meal, she threw the chimney away and looked around. She saw the famous shops at Liberty Place and decided it was time to do some shopping. She loved that too, apart from being a giantess.

Lying down at Liberty Place and crushing countess more buildings under her 2000 feet long body, Robyn addressed the stores.

"Hi, I'm Rampaging Robyn. I love shopping. I'm going to make some purchases. Although Rampaging Robyn doesn't pay. She just takes what she wants! And I want it all!"

After having uttered these words, she used her 800-foot long arms to sweep countless shops towards her, like a poker player does with a huge amount of won chips.

"All mine! All Rampaging Robyn's! Jewelry, clothing, shoes. Mine! Hahaha!"

BOOM! A missile exploded on her shoulder, hurting her badly. Others followed, drawing blood. "AAaaarrgh!" Robyn shouted, getting up. The missiles wounded her, causing much pain. Looking around she saw helicopters, jets and a ground army consisting of tanks, artillery and infantry drawing nearer. They fired their payloads, determined to bring her down. Robyn acted quickly. Knowing that she could heal her wounds by growing, she focused on growing again. And as soon as she started to grow, the pain ceased and her wounds closed indeed. Robyn's size, much to the horror of the army, increased at a tremendous rate. Her body shot upwards, dozens of feet each second. The missiles caused wounds that closed almost instantly, the only other effect was they made Robyn laugh wickedly. Hands on her hips, she grew and grew. Robyn didn't like being bothered while shopping, and the army was going to pay!