- Text Size +

Chapter 11

Robyn's eyes were dazzled by the light, but when it disappeared, they informed her again about her surroundings. She was in a room, sitting on a bed, and Robyn realized she was in space. She could see Earth through a window. She also noticed some of the enormous destruction she caused, half of Asia being covered with water and Africa cut in two.

Paul stood next to her bed and smiled. "Congratulations," he said, startling Robyn, who hadn't noticed him. "You just killed most of mankind. Just as we thought you would. Now, we can make a new start."

"Eehh, what?", Robyn said. She didn't know what was going on.

 

"Let me explain," Paul continued. "I'm a scientist from a secret organization called "The Second Renaissance." We believe mankind has gone astray. Terribly astray. Therefore, we decided that we must make a new start. We selected ten thousand people, men and women, of decent character and strong health. They are going to populate Earth anew, to found a better society. Not a corrupt, selfish, unjust one like the ones you destroyed, but a society based upon the ideas of justice and peace.

But before this could be done, the evil unworthy humans with their inferior genes and ideas, had to be wiped out. Rather than starting an unpredictable and long-lasting war, we wanted a single person to do this. After much discussion, we decided to make someone gigantic, so he or she would be invulnerable and indestructible. So we built the Bio-enhancer and carefully selected a person to use it. The qualifications of the person in question were that he or she had to abuse the power to kill and destroy and liked being a giant. That someone was you."

"Me?", Robyn wondered.

"Yes, you. You were chosen from many, many others to become our giant, or in your case, giantess. We studied you in secret, learned about your habits, likes and dislikes. We saw your Facebook page and in the end, we came up with a plan to make you use the Bio-enhancer. We knew you would do it, for we knew it was your secret wish to be a giantess. Some of your Facebook "friends" were in fact people from our organization, talking to you about your dreams and fantasies, so they could learn more about them and consequently, you.

It was no coincidence Mr. Crows, who is also a member of the Second Renaissance, bought your volleyball club and gave you a lucrative contract. We didn't want you to leave Philadelphia, where we had placed the Bio-enhancer already. And of course, the training tests were nothing but a ruse, to make you learn of the Bio-enhancer's existence. Yes, Robyn, it was all planned because of you.

Among our members are many rich people, billionaires and the like. They financed the research projects, resulting in this space station, the Bio-enhancer, the teleporter that brought you here and some other things. They too, are among the ten thousand, along with their spouses."

Paul smirked. Robyn had listened open-mouthed.

"Oh, and I'm not crippled," Paul said, and Robyn noticed he was walking around without a crutch. "That was all part of the plan. We needed you to go to the Bio-enhancer alone. So first, we introduced it to you. Then, we made sure no one but you would enter the lab room. And we had to find a reason to sent you there alone. That was the trick with the crutch and the glasses. The latter, by the way, I don't need either. My eyes are working well too."

"So, you MEANT to make me that big?", Robyn exclaimed suddenly. She was totally baffled.

"Yes. It was all part of our plan," Paul said. "It worked better as we hoped. I teleported out of the lab as soon as you started to grow, a hidden camera filming you. From then, we followed the news about your rampage. When most of mankind was killed, we made you shrink again - yes, there is a device on board to nullify the Bio-enhancer's effects- and teleport you here. Remember the ionized hydrogen scan in the lab? We fed our teleporter with its data, locking it on your vital signs so we could bring you up here as soon as your "work" down there was finished. The surviving humans on Earth will either die of starvation or disease, or we'll hunt them down and kill them. We will be the only survivors."

"But...but...," Robyn stammered, "But what if I was nuked? I mean, a nuke could...."

"Oh, yes, I forgot," Paul said. "You weren't attacked by nukes because we took care of that as well. As I said, when your growth started, I teleported myself up here. Then I released a weapon we built before the Bio-enhancer on Earth. A so-called nanite bomb. Nanites are microscopic robots, consisting of a few molecules, nothing more. They were programmed to destroy uranium and plutonium, the two elements used in nukes. A few moments before your growth, every nuclear weapon was rendered useless. Mankind won't be using those ever again," he concluded, smiling.

Robyn said nothing. Although this man had made it possible for her to fulfill her fantasy, she felt used. She laid down on the bed.

"Don't worry," Paul said. "You have done well. Humanity was rotten. Now, we shall be the ancestors of a new kind of human. You'll be honored for it by countless generations."

"Great," Robyn said, feeling tired.

"Now, there is one thing left to do," Paul said. "Do you want to marry me?"

"MARRY YOU?", Robyn exclaimed, sitting up again. "You must be crazy! If you were the last man on Earth...."

"I am. At least, the last unmarried one. All the others are paired. Five thousand men, five thousand women. Now, you can either live as a pariah, a hermit, all alone, or marry me and be one of the ancestors of a new breed of humans," Paul smirked.

Robyn looked at him. He wasn't that bad looking.

And she didn't have much choice either....

THE END