- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Ok this is a bigger one then normal. Also I decided to try and break out of my comfort zone a little bit here. Not sure if anyone will notice but I hope you enjoy.

            It was four in the morning. While everyone else was trying to sleep, Soki's cell went off. He forced himself awake to answer it.

Soki: . . . . This better be good Eugene.

Eugene: Sir we got a serious issue here. It's the Al Capone complex.

Soki: What did they do now?

Eugene: Nothing this time. It's the other way around.

Soki: Alright I'll be there as soon as I can.

Eugene: Understood sir. And one more thing.

Soki: What?

Eugene: Seems like your hunch about the Vermire resident was correct. I have a squad there already.

Soki: . . . . For the time being relay any information to Mr Riggs. I can't deal with both of these problems at the same time.

Eugene: You certainly have a soft spot for juvenile delinquents. But ok sure, and the Al Capone case is more pressing anyway . . . been awhile since I had a normal looking situation.

Soki ended the call and then made another one to Brian.

Soki: Mr. Riggs, I need you to keep an eye on your fellow peers.

Brian: What did someoen get shot?

Soki: Not in the job I need you to handle. I'll tell you about the details later. But Ms. Vermire's home was broken into last night. You'll be kept in the loop so after they are all up I want you to take them to Omenyx's public donation. You remeber where it is right?

Brian: Yeah.

Soki: Good be there by thirteen o five.

________________________________________________________________________

         At nine in the morning. A strange feeling began to sweep over Alice. She began panting heavily, but she wasn't exhausted. More like a warmth flowed all over her. Her body felt extremly vibrant and alive but she could not explain why. Her heart began to race and the rest of her body became stunned by the extitment.

It was then she noticed her legs begin to streach farther. Alice could feel her shoulders become wider. And finally she noticed her breasts begin to swell in size. She could not control the feelings sweeping over her, and began to gently massage her mammaries just to relieve the tention a bit. She could hardly keep her eyes open through the experience. By the time it had subsided, Alice had grown to a 6 foot 3. Her hips had also widened to accomidate the size of her legs just as her chest had broadened to support her E cup breasts.

Alice had a sense of desire and dread, fighting against her in her mind. She didn't like the idea that she was turning into something she had held contempt for the fear that she was being made into some sexual object. But at the same time she could not deny that she was starting to enjoy the feeling of it.

Alice saw herself in the mirror and witnessed that she still looked very natural. Her face remained pretty much the same, and nothing on her body looked fake at all. When Alice turned around she saw a shocking face stare up at her with a terrifying grin.

Bianca: Hey there girlfriend. Oh my, you really are growing into yourself now aren't you.

Alice: Bianca?! But you're dead . . .

Bianca: You're a smart girl so don't say stupid things. I still have a sparkling admiration of you, even after you killed me.

Bianca tried to touch all around Alices body. Instinctivly she tried shoving Bianca away. But as Bianca was flying through the air, she stopped. And then began floating back towards Alice with the same disturbing grin. Alice began to back away but forgot about the bed behind her. As she started to get back up she found Bianca rubbing her breasts.

Bianca: See . . . don't they feel great being this big. It's not for the boys to oggle at. They are for your own joy and only to be shared by those that you allow. There's nothing wrong with wanting to feel complete.

Alice: Get away from me!

Alice tried to throw a fist as she sat back up only to find in an instant that she completly missed. Bianca came again but from behind.

Bianca: You never really got the chance to feel them grow, have you. You're little computer numbs your nerves. Keeping the pleasure away from you.

Alice: What? How do you know about Nova!?

Bianca: You figure it out. And don't bother talking to your construct about this. As far a Nova is concerned, all is well with you. This is just a little taste of what you could be having. And I think it's time for little Nova to start getting with the program. No pun intended.

Alice turned around and grabbed Bianca by the throat. Slamming her into the wall

Alice: I don't know what you want from me but I am not going to be your plaything.

Bianca: To be honest, this is just a free sample towards something more. But I don't know if you will make it all the way. That is why a test is needed to see if you are worthy. But you can still enjoy your day off. Have some fun in the snow. And remeber this. May Peace be with you.

Alice: What?

Brian: I said snap out of it you crazy bitch.

When she looked behind her, she noticed that Brian was trying to restrain her. Alice was shocked when she looked back to Bianca but found that she was strangling Daniel instead. She released him immediatly, filled with surprise and guilt.

Alice: Why are you there? What happened to Bianca?

Zoey: What about Bianca. For crying out loud Alice pay attention to the hear and now.

Once she got her barrings Alice realised Bianca was already gone . . . or perhapse she was never there to begin with.

Alice: Daniel . . . I didn't mean to . . . I'm so sorry . . . I . I .

Daniel: Relax. It wasn't half as bad as it looked.

He was so easily forgiving. No signs of anger or fear at all. In the time she really started to get to know him, she had always witnessed him being used as a punching bag. Just like her, Daniel was a victim of verbal and physical abuse. The only difference was that he just took it. Not really out of fear, but more like he didn't care about it.

Daniel: I'm still alive and breathing right. You're back to your usual self and you already apologised. So apology accepted. It's that easy.

Zoey: Alice . . . just tell me you're still you, ok . . .

Alice: I was always me. I was . . . lost in a nightmare.

Brian: Sounds more like a Night Terror to me. You didn't need to try and pull the little bastards head off.

Zoey: Shut up, Brick.  That's not even funny.

Brian: I wasn't joking! And it's Brian!

Zoey: I seem to remeber a certain prick who was doing alot more to Daniel then just holding him in the air you Brick. Alice Apologised so why don't you?!

Brian: Because fuck you. That's why.

Zoey: Typical guy. You're just to spineless to show any humility.

Brian: Hey I'm trying to turn over a new leaf here. And a simple "I'm sorry" doesn't undo any physical damage does it.

Zoey: Well it's a start anyway.

Alice: Zoey, will you please stop arguing already.

Brian: Wait. Is she one of those people who just likes to argue with people?

Zoey: What, Shut up you brick!

Brian: Typical girl. Can't show any honesty.

Zoey: Uhhgg . . . Fine. I'll be in the shower. Did Fred tell us where to meet?

Brian: Well he sure as hell didn't tell me. Took me an hour to get it from him.

Zoey: See what happens when you treat others like crap.

Brian: I get the message . . . Just get going already. Common Daniel, we got to get ready as well. I'll be leaving at twelve thirty so if no one's finished putting on their make-up then tough luck for you.

Zoey: And Alice. We got to get you a new wardrobe . . . again. So just use those generic things for now and I'll find something that conceals you a bit better.

Alice realised that the growth her body undertook was indeed real. If Bianca really was an illusion then the surge of growth should have been the same. But that was not the case. Zoey was starting to get used to the idea faster then she was. She can just imagine all the people at the store being dumbstruck.

Alice: Nova . . . You're there aren't you.

Nova: Good morning. All functions are online. Status normal.

Alice: Are you sure. Did you not notice anything alarming?

Nova: I would not say alarming. Though it seems I have made a mistake as to what time you woke up. Current time was believed to be 08:30am. I will adjust it to 09:45am. I do apologies for this error.

Alice: You think that's an error? Didn't you notice my body shoot up another five inches.

Nova: Status suggests that you are at 6 feet and 3 inches by the imperial messurement. This was the same as it was yesterday.

Alice: I was 5 foot 10 yesterday.

Nova: I was unaware of that. My history of your status suggests you were 6 feet and three inches.

Alice: You're history . . . ? Do you have a history log that I could see?

Nova: I do but currently I need adminastrative privillages to access all my funtions.

Alice: Someone like my dad.

Nova: Yes. Another person is also David Blaine. Currently these are the only two people who can remove the restrictions on my programming.

Alice: I'll try Mr. Blaine if I'm out of options but I'd rather find my dad instead . . . Just out of curiosity. Can you read my mind?

Nova: I can identify key emotions or certain brainwave patterns but access to your core cerebral functioins is strictly prohibited. I also need administrative privillages. Functions such as dreams I am denied the ability to inspect.

It was just as she feared. What ever Bianca was suppost to be . . . Nova couldn't recognize at all. The growth was caused by another. And a greater fear came to her. Nova might very well have been hacked into. If that's the case then someone can mess up all of Nova's programs.

________________________________________________________________________

             Soki's the investigation of the Al Capone case was frusterating. He hardly got any sleep only to come to another troublesome crime.

Soki: Since I don't see any giant nails or people crucified on the true cross anywhere, I think we can take a break from Red Raven today.

Eugene: Far as I know chief. We have examined all of the Al Capone members and they were killed alot more professionally. Some of them died from internal injuries. This one here died from a heart attack. But examining around the rib cage suggests that someone had enough skill to forcefully clog the artery. A couple others had their neck snapped. Those guys over there were taken down with headshots. And little Jimmy there was used as a human shield.

Soki: How do you know?

Eugene: The bullets in Jimmy here match the same rounds fired from the Spectre M-12 that these three thungs were using. But the rounds in their heads were using a weapon not seen since the 22 century. Know anyone these days that manufactures FN-P90.

Soki: Not at all. That one used to be one of the U.S. favorite submachine gun.

Eugene: And we got an idea of the culprit.

Soki: Is it Devil Scar. There the only group I can think of that would dare take down Al Capone.

Eugene: More specifically not just any one from Devil Scar. It's him.

Soki: Spicule . . . Strange that the leader of a group of men who can change into monsters would waste his time using personal weaponry.

Eugene: We also got some leads that some of the Al Capone guys were taken alive.

Soki: Devil Scar itself gains nothing concrete from taking out the biggest group of orphan traffic in the city.

Eugene: Guess it's not a logical reason then. We'll keep the investigation going before the Conclave comes to shut us down.

Soki: Fine by me but have Wallace take over. I'd feel better about protecting Omenyx with you there incase I get killed.

Eugene: You always think you're going to get killed.

Soki: When you're in a law enforcement job, someones bound to want you dead.

________________________________________________________________________

            Brian brought everyone else to the Tuwa Foundation's new head quarters. It looked pretty environmentally friendly despite the fact that it was still under construction. It was an open house with free orderves so it's easy to attract attention.

Fredrick: Hey guys . . . and Brian apperantly. Welcome to the open house. So far me and Margaret are just arranging parking for well pretty much all the VIPs and cops. But seriously you're late.

Brian: And who's fault is that Mr. Info Screener.

Fredrick: If you had put on someone else like I told you then there would be no problems asshole.

Brian: That's Detective Asshole to you buddy.

Fredrick: Still can't believe that Zoey's dad enlisted you into the force.

Brian: Yeah well it was either me or you and since your dinky head would snap if someone so much as coughed in your general direction, I think he was short on options.

Everyone else exited the vehicle as they argued. Once Fred got a look at Alice, he began to lose his aggressive momentum.

Fredrick: Oh, umm . . . wow. Hi Alice . . . uhhh how are you today . . .

Zoey: Nice to see you too Fred. You're drooling on your good shirt there genius.

Fredrick: What!? Oh god damnit! Linus is going to kill me.

Margaret: Call him daddy.

Fredrick: I'm not saying Daddy. I'll say dad, and that better be good enough for you.

But it was then he realised that Margaret stopped paying attention to him. She seemed to have an eye for Brian.

Margaret: Daddy told me that you are a law enforcer now.

Brian: Umm sort of. And don't look at me like that.

Margaret: I'm glad you don't have to act like a bad guy now.

Brian: Look, I'm not a guy you should get involved with.

Margaret: Then why are you trying to change.

Brian: I am not a nice guy. Take a hint already.

But she pretty much had him pegged.

Fredrick: Margaret we got to go. Linus still needs us to do our part.

Margaret: OK. Nice to see you again Mr. Riggs

Brian waved watching her run off. But the expression on his face suggeted alot of guilt and regret.

Fredrick: You guys go on ahead. I'll be with you in a bit.

While everyone else entered the open house, Brian and Fredrick for a moment just stared at eachother.

Fredrick: I just want you to understand one thing. You can beat me up all you like but I don't want you too close to my kid sister got it?

Brian: And when it's your turn to take a bullet for her. Are you going to do it?

Fredrick: What kind of question is that of course I will.

Brian: You should pray that day doesn't come. Other wise you'll find out just how hard it was. I at least tried. While you sat in a corner.

Fredrick: Simon was your kid brother, not mine. And you always dragged us into bad places. Just like the spider mansion.

Brian: Hmm, that's wierd. Zoey told me you had amnesia.

Fredrick: I don't remeber anything about that mansion.

Brian: I never brought it up in the first place.

Fredrick just walked off. It was not like Brian was going to tell everyone but he figured that Fredrick was lying.

Brian: That was the same lie you told the rescue team that day.

________________________________________________________________________

               There were actually several little activities around the area. Most of them were voluntary positions. Not exactly the most futuristic things in the world but when resources are limited you have to make due with what you can.

Zoey: Took you long enough Fred. Where'd Brian go?

Fredrick: He's a cop now so he's doing cop stuff.

Alice: You know. You really should try to get along with him more.

Fredrick: He's an asshole. I want to get along with him as little as possible.

Zoey: Why not. He's not nearly as bad as we all thought of him.

Fredrick: Are you guys serious? Common back me up here Danny. He was pulverizing you to the floor earlier.

Daniel: I've been stomped on worse people. He was just desperate.

Fredrick: So you're saying if I got desperate it's ok for me to hit you?

Daniel: Hit me then.

Fredrick: What?

Daniel: You're starting to get desperate to have at least one person on your side.

Fredrick felt like Daniel took his words out of contex. Suddenly he started trying to rewind the words that he said moments ago.

Fredrick: Wait, dude. I didn't say I was going to hit you.

Alice: Fred. We're not trying to antagonise you. And I don't know why you and Brian have problems with one another but aren't you getting tired of it? The last few times I've seen you two go at it. It seems more like your trying to make yourself mad.

Zoey: The hatchet gets burried at some point, regardless if you live that long. It's alot easier to do it while you're alive.

Fredrick: . . . I'll make no promises.

They finally managed to get out of that depressing moment and move on. There were alot of people going through the actual building so they decided to pass time a bit with the small carnavle activities. After an hour they got a chance to meet Fredricks adopted father. He was a very large man. Standing a solid 8 feet tall. Just like Fredrick and Margaret were a cross between two different countries. Linus had a similar concept of being crossed between two different countries. Half Caucasian and half Native American. His hair was begining to turn gray.

Linus: It is nice to see all of you again. I don't remeber you before. Is he a friend of yours Fredrick.

Fredrick: That's Daniel. We started bringing him along with us.

Daniel: That could have sounded better.

Fredrick: Oh, sorry dude.

Linus: Either way it is nice to meet you Daniel. Sorry if I seem nervous. I just am filled with joy right now. Never in my life time did I think David Blaine would take an interest in the Tuwa Foundation.

Daniel: I don't mean to hamper your enthusiasm Mr. Hatch but I would be careful around Blaine.

Linus: Thank you for your concern but I understand buisness men. Publicly it's charity but they usually expect something else out of it. It was either take Blaines offer or be torn asunder by the Conclave. Some times we have to take the hard road. But in any case I hope to see you all at the stage.

As Linus left Alice was reminded that Omenyx was the company funding the Tuwa Foundation. The way Linus spoke sounded like Blaine himself was going to be present.

Alice: Daniel. Do you not like Mr. Blaine?

Daniel: I don't trust him. I can tell you that.

Fredrick: Relax. It's as Linus said "He's a buisnessman". Worst case senario is that the first major idea Linus comes up with. Blane probably gets like half. But considering he's making a two billion dollar donation, I think the guy is entitled to get something back.

Zoey: He has that kind of money . . . to just give away?!

Fredrick: I know it's crazy. One day Linus goes into a small expo to show what he has for the future. A week later Mr. Blaine comes in and tells us he's throwing a fund raiser.

Zoey: Fredrick. Most other companies can hardly maintain keeping their total profits at one million without the Conclaves support.

Fredrick: I am not kidding. This guy is probably going to win the award for biggest charitable donation of the year. Common lets go there already.

Daniel hesitated to enter the audience and prefered to wait on the sidelines.

Alice: You're not comming?

Daniel: I just don't like large crouds.

Alice: To be honest I don't like them either. But I can tolerate it to a limited degree. If you would rather leave then no one's stopping you.

Daniel: Not really leaving. Just that there was something bothering me about the side activities.

Alice: Why, whats wrong?

Daniel: I recall some of the faces of some of those guys. One of them was seen on the news a little while ago. A gang leader who calls Skyler Hygh. He's not exactly subtle but apparently he ain't a fan of the Tuwa Foundation.

Alice: Skylar Hygh? What kind of name is that suppost to be?

Daniel: A obnoxious one. I'll go tell Brian that I saw the guy here.

Alice: Alright, then I'll try to warn either Linus or Mr. Blaine.

As they parted, Alice really had wished Daniel had told her something like that beforehand. Although he may have only just figured it out. It was probably better to not shout it aloud. If they really are here to ruin the charity then they may get serious of their cover is blown.

It was difficult to get through the croud. Finding Fred and Zoey was hard enough. Blane and Linus were already shaking hands for the press.

Linus: Words are lost for my graditude Mr. Blaine. I honestly do not know how to return your generosity.

Blaine: You need not worry about that for now. This is you're dream after all. I am simply renewing the flow. After all your dream is give the world back it's life.

The croud cheered in celebration. Even if Alice shouted out to either Linus or Blaine, her voice would hae been lost among the rest. She eventually ran into Fred and Zoey.

Zoey: Alice where did you go? Last thing you want is to get trapped somewhere you don't want to be.

Alice: I need to get to either Linus or Blaine.

Fredrick: He's going to be here awhile so you can talk to him once they finish here.

Alice: Daniel just told me that there was a gang leader here. And apparently a known enemy of Linus's organization.

Fredrick: Your kidding me right? . . . You're not are you. Well I don't know how you're going to get to him as things are right now.

Zoey: Guys . . . does anyone here a helicopter?

Fredrick: Huh . . . ?

Alice could here something else despite the cheering croud. Sounded like several vans were driving around the area. And in the sky there was what looked like a military grade chopper.

Nova: Alice. That is a Switchblade Class Gunship. An R-Series Viper. That is not a vehicle that a typical gang leader could get access to.

In seconds the Viper began strafing around the croud to start scattering them. And along the ground several people were being abducted by extremists. The security around the area were too scattered and to ill-prepared for this kind of weaponry. The extremists quickly started taking control of the building.

Blaine had the police take Linus away to safety. As he was making his escape, one of the thugs tried to ambush him. Blaine got the mans weapon lodged between some solid pipes and bent the barrel of the rifle. The man pulled out a knife trying to take him captive. Within seconds Blaine broke the mans arm and pinned him to the ground.

Blaine: You seem like you're a little more informed about this disgrace then the others. And for your sake you better be able to tell me something.

And he took the man out of sight.

________________________________________________________________________

Brian: Chief, we're in serious trouble!

Soki: What happened? Are the V.I.Ps secure?

Brian: Everyone except Blaine. Although I'm not sure these guys have him either.

Soki: I'm not that worried about him. Who are we up against?

Brian: Apparently Daniel told me that the asshole called Skylar is leading the attack. The guy was already on the move by the time anyone really noticed him. And I think we need some serious firepower here. Mitch told me that it was a Viper class helicopter or something like that. And it looks like it could level a neighborhood in seconds.

Soki: I'll bring the departments special ordinances. We don't have anything that can equal a Viper, but we do have weapons that can damage it. Do what you can until I arrive. Tell everyone they have permission to terminate any of the extremists if necessary.

Brian: Got it. And I saw that there were possibly 3-4 men with the Devil Scar mark on them.

Eugene: He said they have a Viper right? Jeesus . . . even with the extra stuff, it's going to take awhile to bring something like that down.

Soki: It's one of the cruelist gunship ever built but Skylar did make a mistake with it. A Viper is best in open air. With the ammount of towers around, it's mobility is limited. And it's still a helicopter. take out it's blades or rutter and it's armor won't matter. I'm more worried that Devil Scar is involved. We're probably dealing with multiple Dayon.

Eugene: Crazy sons of bitches.

________________________________________________________________________

            Alice was trying to stay relativly close to Zoey and Fred. Doing their best to stay out of attention. As they were running the Viper made another circle. Alice saw someone holding a weapon from one of it's side doors. He looked to be middle eastern. Roughly the same hight as Alice was. The weapon he fired was a rocket launcher, but the rocket itself exploded in a blob of black rubber.

Skylar: Hey Sengar, what the fuck are you wasting that on highschoolers for? I wanted that for Linus.

Sengar: I'm doing two jobs at the same time little man. You'll have Hatch, but my boss wants those women alive. Just go and make your demands. We'll make sure the press films it.

Skylar: Alright fine. Seems like Linus bugged out already. Friggen cops don't know when to get the fuck out of my way.

Using the Viper they rounded up all their hostages and put them in crates while dangling them off the side of the building. Skylar made his way to the podium.

Skylar: Good afternoon all you hippies and pigs. Now I don't really wanna bore you to death with my motivations and all that shit so I think I'll just cut straight to the part you want to hear. I want the head of Linus Hatch. Pretty straight forward and naturally for every fifteen minutes. Well, we waste someone. And for the record I am very impatient and would like to have this transaction finished before midnight so do us all a favor and hand him over. Oh and as a bonus, I'll be taking the two billion off your hands Mr. Blaine. Let this be a lesson to you to stay out of the lower levels.

While he bragged about his demands, his associate Sengar with several of his team mates came to pick up Alice, Fredrick and Zoey. Bringing them closer to the building. The rubber glue did not seem to last long in exposed air but they already had other retraints ready.

Sengar: Each one of these people are special hostages. no one try anything funny.

Thug 1: Oh for crying out loud. We got to rare chicks here. A freaking bombshell and an asian. And you want to make them off limits.

Thug 2: Wait isn't that one a little big to be in school? Hah what happened lady, did you get held back twelve times?

Alice: You know I'm seventeen so you're bascially going after someone underaged.

Thug 1: Wait are you shitting me?! "That" hasn't even hit the big eighteen yet. Good god what's she going to be in another year or so?

Thug 2: I say fuck Devil Scar. We'll give you half of the two billion for the two ladies.

Fredrick: Don't tell them your age. These guys don't care about stuff like laws anyway.

Thug 2: Who said you could talk blonde.

He pistol whipped fred across the head.

Fredrick: Ok, oww. And I thought Zoey hits hard.

Sengar: I said no ones allowed to harm them!

The thug then pointed his weapon at Sengar.

Thung 1: Relax I won't hurt them. But a little service won't kill them either.

Sengar stood right infront of the thungs gun.

Sengar: You know what we are and you know what will happen if you try and shoot us. We'll do our job so either you do yours or I will personally freeze your ass.

Thug 1: . . . Fine whatever asshole.

Turning his attention to Alice.

Sengar: I know you tried to provoke a split between us. Spicule only wanted you and Naganata over there alive. But the boy there he doesn't even know about.

Zoey: What you don't want him as a hostage?

Sengar: Skylar can certainly use the son of Linus as his VIP hostage, but his life is dependant on your behavior. So know your place and everyone else wll be able to go home.

He then walked off leaving the other two to watch over them.

Nova: I do not understant. He seemed to hold you in low regard.

Alice: He's called a sexist Nova. Someone who looks down on the opposite gender.

Zoey: Alice . . . Who are you talking to?

Fredrick: What. You got a wire on you or something?

Alice: Hard to explain. I'll just say Nova saved my life on several occasions for now.

________________________________________________________________________

Two hours later they could tell that the police were starting to go on the offenseive. They could hear the gunfire from outside.

During the commotion outside the two thugs gaurding them were taken out with tranq rounds. They turned to see who it was and found Brian and another man with him.

Fredrick: Well that was easy. Are these guys amatures or something?

Brian: They are a small time gang who let having military grade weapons go to their heads. I'm just thankful that they have so few Devil Scar guys with them.

Fredrick: Oh so that's who brought in that murder chopper. Well that explains why these guys were so confident in this.

Zoey: And how come you know about guys like that. I only heard about them yesterday.

Fredrick: Well I was an orphan before Linus saved me and Margaret. Usually orphans have at least heard of them.

The officer that was with Brian made a quick call.

Mitch: Chief, I cannot confirm the wareabouts of the Viper. I believe it's still airborn.

Soki: Understood. Try to see if there are any more hostages around. I doubt they kept all of them on the cranes.

Mitch: Understood. Brian take your friends out of here then regroup with Soki.

Brian: What while you play secret agent?

Mitch: Soki needs all the support he can get.

Alice: If it's just support he needs then I'll help out.

Mitch: Miss this not a game it's a serious situation.

But before anyone could continue any arguments, more of the gang members were comming. They tried to run down the stairs only to hear more comming from the lower levels.

Brian: Shit too late. Try going up.

________________________________________________________________________

 Soki had his own problems outside. His forces couldn't make much of a movement when the gangsters had the high ground. To make things worse the Viper made it's return. They could hear Skylar from the speakers on it.

Skylar: You pigs really wanna die don't you. It's one tree loving asshole who's part of a lost race. Give him up now and I'll even ensure the safe return of his son.

Soki: That's not how we do things. And we don't negotiate with criminals.

The Viper began more strafe runs with machinegun fire.

Skylar: Hey old man. You're up against a fucking Viper. Frankly you're lucky I haven't let the monsters out of their pens yet . . . Or do you wanna dance with them instead.

________________________________________________________________________

             Everyone else was still trying to find an exit from the hostile area. Five minutes later they got a little breathing room.

Mitch: Listen kids. I don't think anyone's getting out of here unless someone acts as a decoy. So when you see them chasing me I want you to find the best exit out of here. Brian will take you the rest of the way.

Zoey: You don't need to be a hero.

Mitch: I'm not. I'm being a police officer.

Fredrick: They know that I'm Linus's son so I should be the decoy. they won't shoot me.

Brian: That alone isn't enough. They could easily shoot you accidentally and then realise too late. Or they'll just cap you anyway.

Alice: Then I'll go. I'm sick of these people already.

Zoey: Knock it off Alice. Don't play make-believe now all of a sudden.

Alice: Then stop me now or else I'm going.

It was then Mitch aimed his pistol at Alice.

Mitch: You seem pretty confident about yourself miss. You don't strike me as someone who rushes off like an idiot. Say Brian . . . Is she one of them?

Brian: What the fuck are you-.

Mitch: I said is she or is she not! . . . I've seen enough of my buddies get dragged off by Dayon so I want to be sure you're not withholding information. If she is then by all means go on ahead there miss. If not then you do as I tell you. So Brian what is it?

Brian: . . . I don't know what it's called but none of what you're thinking.

Mitch: Well then miss. I can give you permission to show your true colors. Expect the consequences later.

Once they exited their hiding place they could hear the Viper meet them on the same level.

Skylar: What the . . . which one of you pissants let hostages and cops run amuck!

With no hesitation he launched several missles at the floor above. The destruction was begining to cause the cieling above them to collapse. Mitch and Brian wern't able to make it to the others and got cut off. Zoey and Fredrick started to come to from the rubble. Finding that they hand not been crushed by the debris. When they looked up they saw Alice. Taking her Novus form and preventing anyone from anything serious. They were shocked to see her form.

Zoey: Alice . . .?

She had an upset look on her face. Pushing the debris away. However in doing this she had no choice to expose what she was.

Skylar: What the fuck is that?!

Siddenly the sad deminor turned to agression as she turned on the Viper firing the energy shots that she started getting accustomed to. The Viper took the blast but it was only shaken so far.

Skylar: Fuck! Ok that's the way you want to play then lets go bitch.

Nova: Hmm that's strange.

Alice: What's wrong?

Nova: This R-Series Viper seems to have had it's armor changed.

Alice: To what?

Nova: It's alloy is different from other R-Series. In the sense that it is more tolerant to radiation.

Alice: So you're saying I can't hurt it?

Nova: No, I'm saying this irregular armor is more tolerant to radiation and energy attacks. It's most likely designed for exploration in highly radio active areas. But the trade off is it's resistance to physical trauma is weaker.

Skylar: Lets see if you can take what you give.

In seconds the viper unleashed a sqall of bullets. Alice covered her face as the rounds ricochetd off her body. They didn't penitrate the skin but it felt like someone was lunging constant handfuls of gravel on her. She moved out of the way and tried to get in close. The Viper's manuverability was still strong. It was also hard to get close with missles knocking her back to the ground. She nearly hit one of it's propellers and started getting Skylar into a panic.

Skylar: Ok fuck this. Sengar, it's time to earn your pay. You know what to do.

Alice could see Sengar on one of the higher floors and along with him there were three other men.

Sengar: Should have listened to me the first time wench. But that's ok. I'll show you what men can do.

Snaping his fingers the other three jumped off the building. They transformed into their Dayon forms. They ranged between 14 - 18 feet tall. They all lunged at her. She was confident of her ability to take on one at a time but with three at once her efforts were being thwarted.

________________________________________________________________________

For six minutes Alice held them at bay where as everyone else was more focused on the battle against giants. Sengar on the otherhand was becoming increasingly dissapointed.

Sengar: What are you lot doing?! It's a woman no matter how you look at it! She's not even a soldier or a highly trained assassin. It's just some run of the mill high school kid.

Once of them was trying to bind Alice while another was comming from behind. Trying the energy blades from her wrists she cut off the pieces of the dayon. The third one seemed to be able to launch pressurized spines from it's arms. As they were launched, she tried to get the second one to take the hit for her. Firing several shots at the long range dayon she was able to injure and stun it. Trying to get in close. The first one was back at attacking her.

Before it got it's chance to do any seriou damage, it's head was cut off.

Soki: Keep moving.

Alice: You don't care that-

Soki: We'll talk later. Go!

She then moved to finish the third dayon. Leaving two dead and one injured.

Nova: All threat levels from the Class D dayons have ceased. But be ready I detect the signature of a Class B emerging.

It was clear that Sengar was frustrated. Skylar was begining to get worried.

Skylar: What kind of shit are you trying to pull here Sengar?! I paid good money for your services so I want results. Some monsters your buddies were.

Sengar: Shove it Skylar. I intend to do the job I was hired for. And my name is Cryophyte.

As he leaped off the building, he was smoldering in a white mist. When he hit the ground it looked like the concrete was being covered in frost.

Sengar: You just can't find good help these days. Fine then. Forget, Spicule. I'll kill you myself.

Revealing his Dayon form. He took the form of an ice blue quadrupedal creature. On all fours he was about 25 feet tall but was long enough to be 45 feet tall.

Skylar: Finally, a real moster.

Cryophyte: If any of those machine guns round hit me I'm going to break you Skylar.

Cryophyte speawed from his mouth a stream if a pale blue liquid. Everything it touched sinked deep into whatever it hit. A small part hit Alice's shoulder. She could feel the cold from her Novon armor.

Nova: This Dayon is collecting Oxegen and Carbon Dyoxide as a resource for it's attacks.

Alice: Didn't you say I had to touch it for you to scan it's capabilities?

Nova: It appears that function has recieved administrative approval to remove some of it's restrictions. I can now analyze targets from a distance in Novon form so long as you keep your sight fixed on them for a time.

At first it was strange. She doesn't remember doing anything to create a change in Nova's programming. She then remeberd Bianca earlier today. Or then again, she wasn't even sure that it was Bianca in the first place. She hoped that this was all that was done to her.

Everything that was deep frozen was trampled into pieces by Cryophyte. Alice tried more shots at him. Every time he was hit or attacked. Fog would spread from his body making it difficult to verify if she was hurting him or not. And it provided him cover at the same time. He made an attack from the fog using long claws from his hands. Alice cut the claws off the first hand but got struck with the other.

When she got back up, Cryophyte was already back in cover. Removing the broken off claws from her leg, she noticed that they were not made of bone. Nova mentioned that it could also gather carbon dioxide as well as oxygen. Then it's claws were made out of dry ice.

Alice: Nova, I noticed he doesn't use the freeze hose and the dry ice in conjunction.

Nova: Animals and plants pass both elements around, but it's probably more accurate to assume that this dayon is dependend on the two.

Alice: Ok then I just need to knock off some of the dry ice protecting his body.

Nova: If he runs out of carbon dioxide he will simply switch to oxygen.

Alice: And then he'll use his freezing breath again. Fine by me.

She could still tell partly where he was hiding. Cryophyte could sprint fast but his over all weight made it easy to tell where he was comming. Her shots were connecting but the blast was hardly getting through to his body with the dry ice armor.

Skylar wasn't going to wait on the side lines however. He fired two rockets once he was certain he could hit her and not Cryophyte. The Novon armor was able to withstand it to a point but Alice was stunned. Cryophyte made his move grabbing her legs. He slammed her into the ground and with one hand binding her legs while te other grew a katar of dry ice. At the time she could only try and block the attack, holding it at bay.

Cryophyte: My men are an embarassment if they got beaten by a woman. I did warn you not to piss me off.

Her only method right now was to charge up enough energy for the shockwave she used on the first dayon she had ever fought. One of the other dayon she had dealt with from before was begining to get himself back up on his feet.

Cryophyte: Well you survived. Redeem yourself and cut the wenches head off.

Alice needed a few more seconds but the other dayon was not going to wait. It grabbed a large support beam from the building and charged at her despite being injured.

Skylar: Hah. Time to die bitch!

In the split of the second the last dayon was puntured to the wall with a squall of nails. Cryophytes attention was thrown off seeing his comrade slain in a gruesom fassion. Taking the oportunity Alice launched the shock wave, throwing Cryophyte on to his back.

Skylar: Holy fuck . . . It's the bird! Kill it already!

The other thugs began taking their fire off of the police. But every time they saw him, he was gone like a red mist. Only to meet their demise in the same crucifying execution. Red Raven was on the hunt.

Red Raven: One sheep, two sheep, three sheep four. Feed them all and they hunger for more.

Skylar paniced and strafed the building whenever he saw anything red.

Skylar: For fuck sake die already!

His words were then met with a murder of nails.

Skylar: Fuck. you're not taking down this baby with your stupid toothpicks asshole.

While it was true that the nails were only denting the Vipers armor. It was too late to realise that he was aiming for the left propeller. Causing an imbalance in the blades has bent them to begin scrapping across the Vipers armor. It began spinning out of control, faster and faster.

Skylar: Shit, shit shit!

It crashed into part of the building causing several floors to collapse all around it. The gang members formation was falling apart. They lost the heavy weapon that gave them such confidence. Nore were they able to keep the police pinned in cover. Soki began to move in on the building.

Eugene: Sir how do you want to deal with Red Raven?

Soki: Vigalanties don't get any free passes. But don't do anything stupid with that one. Everyone else is either another criminal or a civilian.

Eugene: And the girl?

Soki: One problem at a time.

They tried to get there as soon as possible, however they could hear the screams of terror comming from Ravens prey.

Cryophyte: Saved by a monster. You should count your blessings woman.

Alice: Considering that you had three other guys with you, I actually think that's quite fair hypocrite.

Cryophyte: Whatever. Your chance for mercy long since slipped away. Red Raven changes nothing. So go ahead, and do what all women do. Come at me and give your life for those you care about.

Alice: I'm not sacrificing my life at all.

Cryophyte: Then show me! Live through this then!

He unleashed a full stream of liquid oxygen directly at Alice. More fog began to spread all around where she was standing. But something was wrong. The fresh fog was getting closer. There was no way any part of the building would have made an effective shield as the freezing would have made it too brittle to hold on to. Nore was she immune to the cold temperature.

When it got close enough. A shot came from the fog striking just at the point where the stream was comming out. In seconds the liquid oxygen was ignited. It followed through out Cryophytes body leaving him constantly breating fire as flames from the inside began creating new openings all over. He could not stop lest the fire become trapped. Desperatly venting out the oxygen as quickly as possible. By the time he stopped, the fire hgad dealt too much damage.

Nova: You knew from the begining?

Alice: Liquid oxygen is still oxygen. And that kind of volume could easily be ignited. The carbon dioxide was the fail safe to that so I waited until his resources were low.

Nova: Then why didn't you do that from the begining.

Alice: He was more aware of that flaw than anyone. If I had ignited the stream too far he would have just stopped before it reached him. He could have also changed the streams trajectory to cause an early explosion.

As she walked towards the building. The ruined Cryophyte grabbed her leg. But there was almost no strength left in it. He didn't falter into the half transformed state but only because his body was already too far burnt.

Cryophyte: You . . . you should . . . have been . . . frozen throughout . . . how . . . ?

Alice: . . . I used the broken off chunks of your  dry ice armor. It wasn't flawless but It worked.

Cryophyte: That . . . what they teaching . . . kids in . . . school these days?

Alice: Not at all. I looked that up myself a long time ago. I just happened to remeber it.

Cryophyte: Tch . . . almost makes . . . me wish . . . I had met . . . you first . . . Whatever . . . go . . . do . . . as . . . you . . .please . . . . .

________________________________________________________________________

Skylar was stuck in the vipers half crushed cockpit. He hardly had any leg room and he was flipped partially upside-down. But aside from several bruises he was pretty much ok.

Skylar: Ugh . . . can someone here me? Someone get me out of this rubble already . . . Fuck, Eleazar's going to give me hell for this one.

But as he could get his vision back. He could already see. The victums of Red Raven. And there he saw the predator.

Skylar: Oh, Fuck You! Damn freak.

Raven tried to pierce through the glass. But the nails did not go through.

Skylar: Hahaha, you stupid fuck. This is pretty much bullet proof. Told you you're tooth pick suck.

For the moment raven simply paused holding his nails straight up from the head. Then they began to spin on the tips of the gauntlets. He carved them into drill bits. Skylar's taunting ceased. And then Raven resumed pushing them onto the glass of the viper. At first all Skylar could hear was the grinding noise. But he then noticed that they were begining to break through.

Skylar: Uhh hey, I was just kidding about the nails man. They are really scary. Common I was only doing it because I was told to! I surrender, you win!

But he simply continued on. Slowly they began to break on through with Skylar desperatly trying to find an exit or at least get out of the path of the nails.

Skylar: Fuck me!

Red Raven: Bah, bah black sheep, have you any wool.

Skylar: !!!

Red Raven: Yes sir, yes sir. Three Bags Full!

He punched the spinning nails through. And they did not stop as they grinded against Skylar's flesh. Most of his blood was trapped in the cockpit leaving it all to pool around his head.

It was then Soki entered the room along with several officers. They all paused at the sight of a human being put through a blender.

Eugene: Good . . . God.

Soki: Freeze, Raven.

But his demands were met with several nails. Soki sliced through several of them. And then he was gone again.

Eugene: It's like he really is a ghost or something.

Soki: . . .

________________________________________________________________________

Alice was begining to climb the building. The hostages were still being held in crates that were being held up by cranes. As she neared the top, she could hear gun fire. And when she got to the top there were more gangsters impaled across the roof. A muscular man was repeatedly beating on Red Raven with a crowbad cursing at him. For a moment his gaze was fixed on Alice. he was already terrified before she arrived. The last guy then warned him that Raven had gotten back up again but in the process was nailed off the roof. The strong man was stabbed to the floor. He was still alive but then raven jumped on top of the nail.

Red Raven: Ring around the rosie, pocket full of posies. Ashes ashes.

The nail had begun to spin viciousle. The strong man was begining to spin with the nail faster and faster. He screamed in pain as he was spun so fast that he began to scatter into pieces. Leaving nothing but a spiraled red stain and twisted organs on the nail itself.

Red Raven: We all fall down . . . I'm sorry Liebchen, but the curtain has already closed. The actors have retired and the audience has gone home.

He calmly approached her, dragging one nail across the floor.

Alice: Nova . . . my armor can withstand his nails, right?

Nova: I believe so. But to be honest I cannot get any kind of reading from him at all. It's almost as though there is no one even there.

He then stopped. Despite not even being half her size, Alice still felt like he could kill her at any time he wanted.

Red Raven: I do apologies that we got cut off there that day my dear Liebchen. But the audience has now been composed.

Alice: Composed? Is that what you call a massacre?

Red Raven: My concert is the only way they will be remembered. Without it, they will not get a funeral. But you are not interested in them are you.

Alice: . . .

Red Raven: You don't feel remorse for them. Only I do, only I can compose for them on their way off the stage. So I will sing for you what you wanted to hear. You want to hear the song that tells you where daddy resides.

Alice: You know where he is?

Red Raven: To see the sky you must look from the ground. Only then will you see the mountain to climb.

He then turned around and began to walk away. Alice fired a shot just ahead of him.

Alice: I wasn't done with you. Soki can deal with you his own way but I need to know. Why were you even on that bridge to begin with. I wasn't convinced that you just suddenly lured that Dayon.

Red Raven: Life is prescious Liebchen. Once it's gone, then that it. No assention to heaven nore a pit of hell to fall into. Choose who to save and who to slay. Will you take my life? Or will you . . .

On quew he launched the nail towards her head. It was easy enough for her to dodge, but when she heard the grinding noise. Alice realised that her head was not his target. The nail had hit the crane holding one of the crates. Despite not being in his hand. It did not stop spinning. It would get through the basic steel alot faster then the vipers armor. He slowly backed away giving Alice plenty of time to choose. Alice knew that the worst choice to make was simply not making a choice at all.

She rushed to the crate as fast as she could. Looking back for a moment she saw what little of his cloak there was left. And like before he was gone. The nail had already broken through. The hostages were plummiting. Alice had no time to grab the cable so the best she could do was catch the crate itself.

For the time being there was a moment of relief. But for her, she started to feel like dealing with Dayon was was easier then trying to explain to everyone else about what she had revealed to them.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Really glad I got this part out. I'm not sure if I will be making them this long. But I do want to keep the number of chapters within the second didgit.