- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I think I can get started on a role now that I'm getting to the action parts. Might even try for releasing these faster.

          School began the next day. While there was not anything particularly memerable going on there was talk about a dance comming up in a few weeks. Normally Alice naturally avoided them from the get go. However she had been getting offers from several guys as soon as the lunch break started. Trying to avoid attention became alot more difficult then what she was used to. Fred made attempts every chance he could get but it was a bit surprizing for him to not be first. Instead he tried with several other girls.

Fredrick: Will you go to the dance with me?

Girl 1: No

Fredrick: Will you go to the dance with me?

Girl 2: No

Fredrick: Will you go to the dance with me?

Girl 3: No

Fredrick: Well I tried.

Girl 4: Hey, What about me?

Fredrick: What about you!

Alice and Zoey could hear Freds failed attempts from on the other side of the room.

Zoey: Seems like being put into the hospital didn't dull him in anyway. I still don't know why he went to that old mansion in the first place.

Alice: He might have been trying to get payback from two days ago. Fred and Brian always seemed to be against one another. Though I really wish he wouldn't have tried it in the first place.

Thankfully there was no report about her, Daniel or Hive. Fredrick doesn't seem to remeber a much of the event either. But then again she was reminded about what Daniel said. How the Dayon are kept off the media.

Fredrcik: Well that was rubbish. Five more and I'm going to break my own record for failed attempt. Anyone who says getting a girl is easy is either really spoiled or really stupid.

Zoey: You really don't need to try every single girl in the school to get anywhere do you?

Fredrick: Well I've pretty much tried everyone I could think of.

Zoey: Yeah all but one.

The second Fredrick heard those words he was like a lounging dog that just noticed a frizby. He gently grabs Zoeys hand and goes on his knees like a knight.

Fredrick: Zoey, will you go to the Dance with me?

Zoey: . . . You were just waiting for me to say that wern't you.

Fredrick: Oh common, would you rather sit in the subsitutes class and learn about . . . Math?

Zoey: Well he did assign us homework to deal with.

Fredrick: Yeah, that's why I don't like Mr. Dominic. And what do you need more math for?

Zoey: I can't dance Fred, and you just came from the hospital. Shouldn't you take it easy.

Fredrick: Ahh that's for chumps. Besides, I wanted to see if that hospital was actually doing any illegal modifications.

Alice: I've said this before and I'll say it again. They didn't do anything to me in that hospital.

Regretably Alice had to return to covering up the highway incident. She even tried to bind her breasts with a first aid sling to make them look smaller. Of course her height alone wasn't something she could shave off let alone everything else.

Zoey: I honestly can't see you as a highschool student anymore. I don't see any scars anywhere so you definatly didn't go in for surgery.

Alice: Could both of you please stop gocking at me. It's probably just the last growth spurt or something like that.

Fredrick: Well it's either that or human experimentation or just really really really expensive cosmetics, which of course is like the legalised version of human experimentation. I mean you've pretty muched one upped Bianca and those other high status people.

Zoey: Don't get me started on Bianca. Everyone knows those friends of hers just follow her around for the sake of being superior.

Fredrick: That reminds me. Bianca earlier was asking me where Daniel was. Can't imagine why she suddenly has an interest in him.

Alice became conerned now. Bianca was probably one of the crulest people in this school if not already the top. Well known for harassing others. From insults to empty praise.

Alice: Where is Daniel anyway. I didn't see him come in today.

Fredrick: Last time I heard he was in the gym or something. Maybe he's going to try to get into a sports club or something?

Zoey: Ok, sorry but I really don't want to talk about Bianca anymore. I'm just thankful she's not in my class.

It was at that time that Bianca happened to be passing by. She was about 5'7 with straight long blonde hair. Her and her other friends were pretty much dressed up to code for social acceptance.

Bianca: Now now, it's not nice to talk about people behind their backs little Zoey. And here I thought you were always a good girl.

Zoey: . . . I don't need any lessons on kindness, especially not from you and your clones.

Bianca: As charming as always, but enough about you. I was more interested in your new friend anyway.

Fredrick: You mean Daniel? Why?

Bianca: Isn't it interesting how he suddenly took an interest in you guys? I wonder why?

She seemed to have her gaze fixed on Alice. Bianca had been deliberatly avoiding any direct finger pointing but the message was clear.

Bianca: Now that is quite the look for you Alice. Forget what I said before, it's blatently clear why Daniel started taking a liking to you.

Alice: Sorry Bianca, but you and I are not going to get along. There isn't anything to discuss.

Unfortunatly as Alice was simply going to walk away, Bianca had pulled out a small pair if scissors. From behind she dug them through the back of Alice's shirt, cutting the sling and almost making it look like her chest suddenly expanded.

Alice: What are you . . . HEY!

On reaction Alice tried to conceal herself. But it was already too late.

Bianca: Why so shy? Honestly I thought you looked uncomfortable.

Fredrick: Uhhh . . . Wow I don't know if your a genius or simply a bitch.

Bianca: I'm so sorry but this kind of pain is not something that a guy would be able to tell unless they were a real professional, or a complete pervert depending on your point of view.

Alice was considering striking Bianca at this point.

Bianca: You seem really upset there Alice. I know, I should have asked permission first so how about after school me and the gang will take you shopping. You should be proud of what you have. And I believe you deserve something that complements you.

Bianca seemed like she could go on but was interupted when Zoey slapped her across the face.

Zoey: I swear to god Bianca. If you keep harassing Alice, I will jam a fork in your eye. Why the hell are you even here anyway?

Bianca could still feel the stinging, but she didn't seem that agitated from it.

Bianca: . . . How long has it been since you last hit me like that. Oh well they say the smaller dogs are more likely to bite you then the big ones. Honestly I was just here to let you know that next period we were going to be moving into your class.

Zoey: Why?

Bianca: Because of the substitute teacher Mr. Dominic. Some people are away today including teachers and Mr. Dominic has been requested to teach several classes at once. I just wanted to see how my former BFF was doing these days. So anyway nice talking to you girlfriend and here's hoping we can put the water under the bridge. Talk to you later.

Bianca and her group took off leaving a sour taste in everyones mouth. She sounds likeable but her antagonism was vicious.

Fredrick: Well that was . . . Intimidating, for a friendly hello. Not lookjing forward to next period.

Alice could still feel as though everyone was gocking at her. She tried the best she could to not let it get to her.

Zoey: I'm sorry, I shouldn't be so nosy about your changes. I was concerned that something bad happened . . .

Fredrick: Don't take this the wrong way but . . . I do have a First Aid kit in my locker, and I can lend you a sling if you want.

Alice: Thanks anyway Fred . . . But once the secret is out, there's no point in hiding it again. And don't worry Zoey. I am not suffering from any kind of disease.

It was then that Freds cell began to ring.

Fredrick: Hello? Hey Linus, what's up? Oh, ok yeah I think I can but I have to skip class then. Ok sure thing.

He ended the call seeming a bit worried.

Fredrick: Sorry I know this isn't the best time but I gotta go get Margaret. Linus can't make it in time.

Zoey: Thought you would have been calling him dad my now.

Fredrick: He's been my foster father for a good number of years and don't get me wrong I do respect the man but it just doesn't feel right for me yet.

Linus Hatch was the chairman of the Tuwa Foundation. A non profit organization dedicated to the restoration of the earths natural life. Fredrick holds Linus as a respectable man and sometimes tries to help out when he can.

Fredrick: Please let Mr. Dominic know that I won't make it. I really hate to leave you guys to Mrs. Bitch but I also have my sister to look out for.

Zoey: Relax, she tries anything and you know what will happen.

________________________________________________________________________

     The Bell rang for next period. Before Mr. Dominic entered the room, Alice could already see Bianca making herself comfortable. They didn't come near her or try to talk to her yet, and with any luck it will stay like that.

Nova: The individule Bianca . . . I do not understand her character. Is she a threat?

Alice tried to think what she wanted to say to avoid making it look like she was talking to herself.

Alice: One name for her is a bully. Someone who harasses others for various reasons.

Nova: I cannot see anything logical about her kind of offense. Is she suffering from a type of psychosis?

Alice: No, that would be to convinient of an excuse. If you try to think of it in a logical format then you'll never be able to understand.

Finally Mr. Dominic came into the class getting himself ready for the lesson. He was of average height with an averange build wearing glasses and had a small beard.

Dominic: Well I hope everyone enjoyed the lunch break. Before we get started I just want to make a few small announcments. First is the fact that you will be sharing this classroom with other students so try to get along.

Bianca whinked towards Alice as if to say "I told you so". It was somewhat irritating but Alice could let it pass for now.

Dominic: Second is that we are going to have a fire drill in a little bit so I want you all to be ready for that. And finally we're going to play a small little word game before we get started.

Some of her class mates groaned at the sound of that.

Dominic: Don't worry I know it doesn't sound like much and a complete waste of time. That's why I added a prize to it. And I mean it's not some cheap sqirt gun or something boring like that. It definatly is worth the effort. I can't tell you directly but it's something that uses gas and it's on wheels.

Alice thought that something seemed a bit off aside from the merged classes and the fact that a substitute teacher who is usually a by the books kind of teacher is now doing something completly unprofessional. Zoey didn't seem to thrilled even with the mention of a prize while everyone else was jumping for joy.

Dominic: Alright the trick is you simply got to guess the word I have written down here. The hint is Spike. The answer has an afiliation with this word. And you're allowed to have as many guesses as you want if you can raise your hand fast enough. Alright lets begin.

Many of the other classmates kept throwing out words that had something to do with te word Spike such as needle, impale, sting, pierce etc. It took about half an hour to go through that many different words.

Dominic: Zoey, I haven't seen you make an attempt yet. Why don't you give it a go?

Zoey: Ugh . . . If I have to. Punture, Rupture . . . I don't know umm Spicule?

Dominic: Congradulations my dear you are the winner, please follow me to claim your prize.

There was one word that clicked in Alice's head.

Zoey: What, uhh no thanks I'd rather get on with the class. I'll just pass it to someone else.

Dominic: Now that's not going to work. It's your responcibility as the winner to claim your prize. Steven, Josh, if you could be so kind as to help escort our victory girl to the gym.

Zoey: Huh Hey what are you doing?

It happened so quickly the second the word Spicule was mentioned that Alice hardly had no time to react.

Alice: Hey, get off her already?

Dominic: I'll be right back class so in the mean time I'll leave Bianca in charge. Try not to abuse your new athority my dear.

Bianca: Sure thing Mr. Dominic.

And then she was immediatly in Alices way as the others took Zoey away.

Alice: What are you trying to do? I never liked you from the begining but this doesn't seem like you at all.

Bianca: Why I was simply inspired by you. And honestly I really find you quite pretty. I mean I hang around with these stupid blonde bimbos all day yapping all day about some garbage I really don't give to flying shits about. You on the other hand seem to have real natural looks. No cheap makup, no cosmetics, no expensive surgery, and an actual brain in your head.

Alice: Get out of my way.

Bianca: Don't worry about Zoey. Invasion won't hurt her. And you got nowhere to go anyway. We're having a fire drill after all.

Alice: Invasion . . . You mean Mr. Dominic?

Bianca then pushed a button on her cell. Most likely an instant message to an unknown source. Within seconds the fire alarms went off as well as the srinklers.

Bianca: I think it's time to see if everyone's been paying attention in class about the importance of firedrills.

Based on Bianca's confidence, it was fair to assume that she would have to be a Dayon. And this kind of quardination was too elaboratly deranged for a simple prank.

Alice: You're not just a Dayon . . . Are you working with Hive?

Bianca: Well thank you for remebering our little firends name. How touching. Yeah, Spicule was both intreagued and annoyed with you bullying our little friend.

Alice: Let me guess. Let the lackies examine the threat and wait for the results?

Bianca: Wow . . . you certainly do know alot of cliche's don't you. It's not quite like that but points to you for a good guess. Actually Spicule said he would come meet you in person once he finished a job. Me and Invasion are simply doing two missions as a favor to him while he's away. Now then my BFFs, please repay Alice the hospitality she showed Hive.

There was something wrong with Bianca's firends. In fact they seemed to have a bit too much make-up on. They didn't get offened when Bianca pretty much described how much she hated them. They all tried to jump on Alice like a pack of wolves. Alice acted fast and switched to a partial Novus state. The attackers were trying to bite and scratch through her skin.

Nova: The readings on their bodies . . . I detect a contagant. They also have no pulse.

Alice: Are you saying they're zombies?

Nova: For lack of a better word yes. However the virus seems to only work on a deseased host and it's incapable from spreading from victum to victum. This kind of ability can only be used by a Class B Dayon or higher. Same as the one on the bridge.

Alice: Great now they have ranks.

She began kicking & throwing off her attackers one by one. Breaking their bodies so they wouldn't be able to get back up. Bianca on the other hand was not concerned at all about her minions. She became facinated by Alice's partial Novus form.

Bianca: You know, you really do look pretty. Don't tell me you haven't told your friends about this have you? I feel bad for Zoey. Every other week you seem to get bigger and just flat out more gorgeous. Must make her a bit envious. I mean I know I certainly am ever since I had to ditch my looks when I became this. When I became Crypter.

Bianca began pulling off the make-up on her face to reveal something more sinister. The area around her eyes were horendously rinkly. And yet she still maintained the same grin she had before. And now she calls herself Crypter.

Alice: Is that what happens when you become a Dayon?

Crypter: Just like Hive told me. You really are neither Dayon or Reaver, so I can forgive you for not knowing about this. Dayon always have disfigurements in their human forms. But it's hoestly great that I can stop pretending and ditch all the little props. You have inspired me so much girlfriend and from this day I will only wear accessories that I respect.

She grabbed the left sleve of her shirt and ripped it off. On her shoulder there was a tattoo that had the picture of a demon with a slash around the head.

Crypter: Took me awhile but I got signed up with Devil Scar.

Alice: Hive had the same mark . . . But I've known you since mid-school. How long have you been like this?

Crypter: Oh it happened before mid-school. But that's not that interesting of a story. If you heard it the first time you can pretty much guess them all. I'm much more interested in your story. You know when Zoey was still apart of my social circle.

Alice: I didn't think you really cared.

Crypter: Nothing against you but she really was the one I didn't want to be friends with. She was cleaver and had a brighter future then us and yet we were just dragging her down. That was until you came along. You could tell that she was throwing her life away and you tried to stop her. And to think her folks were going to waste all that money on some guidence councuilor. So do you think you can save her again?

Alice: There's nothing to think about in that field. I'll just do it.

Crypter's body began to twist, streach and expand into something terrible.

Crypter: Yes show me what you really are.

________________________________________________________________________

Dominic: So has the fire begun to spread?

Steven: Sure thing. People should be evacuating as we speak.

Josh: Berts & Kyle got the entrance covered as well. If the fire spreads too much then we can always ditch out the side.

Dominic: Excellent. This won't take long anyway. Now don't worry my dear. You won't remeber any of this when we're done.

Zoey was quiet while having a rather annoyed look on her face. She was tied to a chair in the middle of the gym with ten other students watching her.

Dominic: Please don't struggle to hard. Me and the rest of my children were asked not to do any lasting damage to you so your co-operation is required. You see our little show was just for the sake of getting Naganata's daughter.

Zoey: Don't waste your breath because I don't know anything. Not that I would tell an asshole like you anything.

Dominic: I don't expect you to. You may not know anything anyway but our boss can use you even if it's just a hostage against Soki.

Steven: And when he's done we're going to fuck you. All the guys and girls alike here. Oh and don't give me that look. You fucking higher class people deserve a little suffering. Not to mention your dad through my dad in the slammer for life.

Josh: I got first dibs. Now I don't like it when they try too hard but you can throw a little struggle in it to make it worth my effor- - -Ghhhu.

Before he could finish his sentance he was struck in the head with a basket ball. When they all looked to see who threw the basket ball they found it to have been lauched by Daniel.

Dominic: Didn't you say that no one could get in here without us knowing?

Steven: Seriously no one got in here once we secured it. Bastard must have been in here before us.

Daniel kept his usual cold expression while branding a baseball bat.

Daniel: I would ask you what joy you get in gang banging someone who had done nothing to you. But then again I really don't care about your misery.

Josh: You made me bite my tough and gave me a migrane you little fuck.

Steven: Really should have stayed in whatever closet you were in.

While Dominic simply watched. The others began circling Daniel. He did his best but every time he hit someone, another would simply strike at him right after.

Steven: You even hit women.

Josh: Aww and I thought you were trying to be the white knight, loser.

Even when Daniel was down his expression didn't change. He tried to get back up even when struggling.

Josh: At least scream in pain you freak.

If they knocked him down he would get back up. The expression on his face never changes.

Dominic: You're not breaking his will and this will take too long.

Before anyone could blink, Dominic's arm had become large and beastly. Throwing Daniel into the equipment room. And then he continued to transform until he became the Dayon, Invasion.

Steven: Is he dead?

Invasion: No but he won't be getting up in time. If we waste anymore time my childrern then you won't have your play time. Now then my dear we are just going to do a little memory sharing. And don't worry about the events. I will only erase your memories of this day.

Chapter End Notes:

Hope people are enjoying it and if there's anything you think I could do to make this better or easier to read for you please let me know in detail. Honestly I probably should have established certain charaters and their origins better but I really do want to start getting into the better stuff.