- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I finally got all my key parts out there. There may be some other secondary characters in the future but they will most likely be a hurdle as opposed to anything. I am glad I am done this section of the story. I'd estimate the total ammount of chapters should be around 50. I want to try and keep it under 50 at least.

                   In the smelting plant that Brian was assigned to. They found him shaken from the skirmish. He explained why Hive was even there in the first place. But the actual killer was easy to tell. The nails alone tol the story and the damaged expression on Brians face showed the results. Spicule on the other hand was the most upset. He was quiet but they could see the tears in his eyes. If Alice had ever considered him to be  heartless monster, it was no longer valid.

Vomer: Should we . . . give him a funeral . . .?

Spicule: There's nothing to burry. And funerals are redundant anyway

Vomer: Then we . . . should hunt . . . the Raven . . .

Spicule: Oh he's going to get fucked for this one way or another. But not yet. We deal with Al'Capone first. Personal grudges can wait.

Brian: That's fine by me., I'll save you the trouble.

Spicule: You have unti the end of Al'Capone. If you haven't killed him by then. Well buddy, it's fair game at that point.

The rest of the team packed up what they could and left. Leaving only Alice and Spicule.

Spicule: You know girl. Most people would be saying "I'm sorry for your loss" right about now.

Alice: I think you'll be hearing too much of that from your people. And I can't honestly say that myself.

Spicule: It's pretty easy to watch your enemies die after all. He wasn't one of my Lieutenants but everyone thought of him as family down here.

Alice: Is that why Bianca came after me?

Spicule: Bianca might as well have been his big sister. Maybe if all of them had listened to my instructions, they would be alive. So I don't hold a grudge against you.

Alice: Doesn't everyone here idolize you?

Spicule: They take it too far. I told everyone to let me handle you. Then they all take off while I'm on a mission . . . Doesn't matter anymore. What's done is done.

She could have asked more about Bianca. But considering Spicules intellegence, he would start to turn it around and begin studying her psyche again.

Spicule: Well c'mon. I got to send you kids back to the top as I promised.

________________________________________________________________________

After about half an hour of walking they returned to the Devil Scar camp. Many of the people were filled with both joy and sorrow. As someone who has been through war several times, Spicule knew to well that there is no such thing as one sided battles. Even if it seems that easy. Figment and Bruiser had returned to report to their leader.

Bruiser: Boss, we got a few things to discuss. Your prisoners escaped but we got them back.

Spicule: Where are they?

Figment: The guy was attecked by Red Raven as well.

Alice: Daniel?! Where is he?

Figment: The doctors stitching him up right now.

Spicule: And Zoey?

She came from behind Bruiser. Unfortunatly she wasn't able to keep her Dayon changes a secret anymore. Although Zoey was back to her original height, her pure white hair with metalic markings across her skin remained unchanged Alice at first thought Spicule was to blame.

Alice: Zoey? What did you do to her Spicule?!

Spicule: You can blame me for the intent girl. But you can't blame me for the action.

Zoey: I guess were in the same boat now aren't we.

Alice: . . . I wouldn't say quite the same boat. But were in the same river at least.

Zoey: You know it's funny how I was worried about Daniel becoming a Dayon. Irony really is cruel.

Alice: Don't worry. We'll fix this.

Spicule: You kids got at a half hour, then were sending you home.

Bruiser: Where are you going boss?

Spicule: I got to check on our guard dog. I'll see you all later.

________________________________________________________________________

They found Daniel bandaged by Dr. Quark He was awake but it was really hard to tell how he really was doing.

Quark: He's a lucky son of a bitch anyway. The nail I had to remove was just two centimeters from hitting his heart. I don't know how well he'll do but he shouldn't use his left arm for awhile.

Zoey: Why was he after you anyway?

Daniel: I could not tell. But I was spared in the long run.

Brian: Guess that's another reason I got to deal with him fast.

Daniel: Seems like alot had happened while I was away.

Alice: Spicule says he's going to let us back to the top soon so were going to be taking off in a bit.

Quark: It would be better for him to let the inury heal but do keep him from moving his arm. Walking would also be a problem for a bit.

Daniel: I'll have to manage.

Alice: Daniel . . . Let me help you instead. You can just ride on my back.

Daniel: But . . .

She did not wait for his answer. It was clear she was more worried about his well being than anyone else right now. Alice had no intention of trying to immasculate him but he was very stubborn when it came to people trying to help him. Quark was only able to pull it off because he was unconcious at the time when he was doing surgery.

Daniel: Alice . . . I'm fine.

Alice: Is this too awkward for you? I can always carry you up front instead.

Daniel: . . . Ok, ok.

Brian: Jeesus you're shy. I can also lend you a shoulder instead.

Zoey: Yeah well you're shy when people realize you're not the hateful badass that you make yourself out to be.

Brian: Oh bite me.

Zoey: You also got that rifle to carry. Are they letting you keep it?

Brian: Apparently it's a reward for helping them out.

Zoey: He gives you a gun when you plotted to kill Spicule?

Brian: I think the underline message was "Pull the trigger bitch".

Alice: Even if you were able to hit him, he would just force transform and you'd have to worry about a living nuclear bomb.

Brian: Well . . . I fucked up either way.

Daniel: You're talking about the Spider.

Brian: He was my brother once.

Zoey: . . . Seems that anyone can turn into something else.

Brian: Speaking of which, don't let Fredrick see you like that.

Zoey: I'll probably have to hide this from more than Fred you know.

Brian: Fredricks got a sore spot for Dayon and other things out of this world.

The thought of the Abyss came to Alice's mind. Braving monsters of various shapes and sizes now seemed like a cake walk compared to it. Out of nowhere the Abyss came and out of whim and luck it was gone. She wondered if maybe Red Raven had seen that horrable thing as well. It was hard enough trying to piece together what the Abyss actually looked like. The tendrils were a bit easier but it's sheer color and texture were all out of place. Like it was defying her attempt to verify it.

________________________________________________________________________

Spicule with his three Lieutenants came to the prison and opened the only closed cell door. He looked directly at Bert with a dissapointed expression.

Bert: Boss! Boss! The prisoners escaped . . .

Bruiser: . . .

Vomer: . . .

Figment: . . .

Spicule: . . .

Bert: . . . Ok, I guess you already knew that.

Spicule: Did you open the door?

Bert: The bitch was throwing dirt at me and she . . . she wouldn't shut up . . .

Spicule: So you opened the door.

Bert: No . . . welll a little crack.

Spicule: By crack you opened it and went in didn't you.

Bert: Well, sort of-

Before he could finish his sentance, Spicule punched him in the balls. He fell over, gagging. Almost to the point of throwing up.

Spicule: When you stop feeling the pain you're forgiven.

Figment: Wait were not going to kill him?

Spicule: I'm the rider of Famine, not Death. Besides, that's what Al'Capone do. C'mon lets go send the kids home.

Bruiser: I got the codes ready. But the security system will soon realize they're bogus and deleat it's validation.

Spicule: I know we can only use them for a one way trip and don't worry. I'm not wasting them even if it looks that way. But I got a special job for you Vomer.

Vomer: What do . . . you ask?

________________________________________________________________________

Spicule, Figment and Bruiser took Alice, Daniel, Zoey and Brian to the closest elevator shaft back to the mid level. The guards were quietly knocked out. Alice was worried that the elevators bio scans would prevent Zoey from being able to return.

Spicule: We got by that problem girl. The counterfits are basically virus programs. Tricks the system into doing it's passanger scan when there's no one in it so it doesn't see what were sending up.

Brian: Then why don't you use them to send an army up?

Figment: For one thing it's a one way trip. We can't use them to get back down. And if we do it too much they adjust the system so that it won't work at all. And not all Dayon can survive a 500 meter drop trying to escape the top either.

Spicule: In short. We can't move from top to bottom freely.

Alice: Well then I guess that's it then. Thanks for the assist.

Spicule: Oh don't mention it girl. Elevators ready. Now I also think I know where your dad might be.

Alice: I think you told me that he's with the Conclave right?

Spicule: I did. But Conclave soldiers don't come down here on a regular basis other then guard elevator shafts. But Al'Capone members can sneak down here posed as Conclave.

Alice: Al'Capone again. I really don't want to have to deal with them anymore.

Spicule: Sorry girl but they will probably come after you since there's a chance that they could actually have your dad. Conclave or Al'Capone, either way you'll be going through hell. Alright kids, time to go home. Now when you get to the top the three of you have to make a run for it. Otherwise the security upstairs might just send you back down.

Alice: Because once we fell to the bottom were suppost to be dead right- . . . The three of us?

Spicule: Yeah the "Three" of you are going home. Zoey's sticking around so her dad doesn't forget to come looking for her.

Brian: Hey what the fuck! We're not letting you keep her.

Bruiser: You saw her already right? She's one of us now. You two are still normal humans.

Figment: And the juggernaught there still passes as a human. But Zoey's Dayon. Her dad might even try to kill her.

Spicule: Sorry girl but you've only done enough work for three to go home. That includes you.

Zoey: Why do you even need me so badly anyway?

Spicule: Well Zoey, for one you're dad won't come unless I give him reason. Plus District Chiefs actually have authorization to travel to the lower level and back. Sometimes they can collect dirt down here but it's at their own risk. You share his blood and with that edge we can piggy back on your dads clearance. How do you think I made those counterfits.

Zoey: Wait then you don't even need my dad.

Spicule: You give us partial access but I need the original source. Plus you got Dayon powers now so I'll make it worth your wild.

Alice: Then you can have me instead.

Spicule: I don't want you right now.

Daniel: It's access to the higher levels you need right? You can take me instead.

Spicule: Oh really? So if I take you instead of Zoey, what do I get?

Daniel: Access to the Omenyx Private Shaft. No DNA pass codes, no cameras. It goes to all three levels freely.

Spicule: Hmm. now that sounds like a better deal then I thought. So how do you know this?

Daniel: In public I go by the name Daniel McManson . . . But I'm actually Blaine's son.

Alice: !

Brian: . . .

Spicule: Daniel Blaine huh . . . Welll then that's settled. I'll take you instead.

Alice: What, no! You're not-

Spicule: That's what I'd "Like to say". But there's a flaw there kiddo.

Bruiser brought out a small laptop.

Spicule: Bruiser, do me a favor and look up the name Daniel Blaine.

Bruiser: Hmm . . . Here you go Boss.

He showed the results to everyone.

Spicule: According to this, you're like me. Legally dead.

Daniel: . . .

Spicule: Nice try there buddy.

Alice: Then forget the nice way. I'll fight for her instead.

Spicule: See this is what I like about you. Alright then well fight over Zoey.

Alice: Lets make this one on one then

Brian: Wait why just one?

Alice: I'm right now the one in the best condition.

Daniel: But you're not at 100% either.

Alice: I'll have to manage.

Spicule: Alright then I shall . . . choose VOMER!

He tilted his head slightly to the right. What looked like a whole spinal column went flying by his head and struck Alice. Spicule did a backflip and as he did so two more spines came and pierced her.

Spicule: Hey looks like we win. Hah!

Brian: You mother fucker.

He aimed his rifle at Spicule and took a shot. But the aim was interupted by another bone that looked like a rib.

Spicule: That's my boy Vomer by the way. Deadliest skeletal shot ever.

He snapped his fingers and his other two lieutenants followed the command. Figment struck Alice, Brian and Daniel throwing them into the elevator shaft. Zoey was being Pinned and muffled by Bruiser. While the three were stunned and injured Spicule activated the elevator.

Spicule: Enjoy the sun kids. Oh and remeber. If you guys want to see Zoey back, then send down her old man. This reunions been a long time comming. Good bye now!

The elevator closed before Brian could reach it. Nore could he stop the lift.

Brian: Fuck that guy.

Daniel: We got another problem.

They could see Alice suffering from the wounds. Daniel tried to carefully remove the spines. But she could feel the emergency restoration kicking in. Nova wasn't responding right now but the system was working automatically.

Alice: Ghhhhh . . . I thught I'd . . . gotten use too this by ahhhhh!

Nova numbed any feeling when this growth would happen and Bianca turned it into pleasure. But neither one was here and she was still concious. Just blinding burning pain. It hurt when her body started to grow larger. Her heart began to beat violently. The experience was causing her to flail about uncontrolably. Her breasts began to grow by a whole cup size. Both Daniel and Brian had to hold her to stop her from thrashing so much, lest she hurt herself again, or them in the process. The massive wounds began to close rapidly as the blood from her body was flowing back into her. Her cloths were starting to be ripped apart. Anymore and she would have bursted out of them completely. By the time it was over she was 6' 9" feet tall and was all the way up to a G cup size. Finally the pain stopped, and she fell to the ground panting heavily. Brian had once wondered why she didn't try to take advantage of Nova's full effects. But this convinced him that Nova was a burden as well as a gift. Daniel didn't know how to help her. He couldn't take on some of the pain. First Aid was obsolite on her and he knew that her transformation was irreversable.

Brian: You . . . Know something about that thing inside her right?

Daniel: A little anyway.

Brian: We're going to have a chat first chance we get. But we aren't going to do it here. Anyone who comes from the lower level needs to have a special pass or the guards just send us back down or kill.

Daniel: Spicule used a counterfit version so they don't get an early notice.

Brian: Then when we stop. We move . . . I know you just went through hell there Alice but you're going to have to push yourself a little more.

Alice: *Pant,pant,pant. Pushing myself is something I'm used to.

Daniel: I'l give you a hand.

Alice: But . . . I'm kind of heavy now.

Brian: We'll give you a hand then. I'm sure between the two of us we'll make something happen.

Daniel: You carried me when I was down so I'll do the same.

Alice: . . . Thanks . . .

Once the elevator reached the mid level. Brian and Daniel lended her their shoulders and made a run for it. Right now they didn't have the means to rescue Zoey but it was certain Spicule had no intention of torturing or killing her. They had to get Soki.

________________________________________________________________________

Spicule: Well then that's that. Now we just kick back and wait a little.

Bruiser: How long will it take before Soki gets down here?

Spicule: It's been a couple days already. Less then a week. Maybe even tomorrow if he tries to hurry.

Zoey: You backstabbing fuck! You just enjoy sucker punching people don't you!

He turned to her with a smile.

Spicule: Sucker punches are the most enjoyable thing in the world. You see all these jerks gab off about honorable fighting and that bullshit.

Zoey: What do you know about honor?!

Spicule: Nothing. Why don't you explain it to me?

Zoey: Bite me!

Spicule: The last honorable Asian I can remeber in history was a Yakuza. And what do Yakuza do? The exact same shit as an Al'Capone. And how honorable are they? The Al'Capone's gab off about respect but their not respectable. Tell you what, why don't we go grab a disctionary and look up the official meaning of honor?

It was pretty much impossible to make an argumant with Spicule.

Spicule: I sevearly doubt she will be dead.

Zoey: Well you did have your lackeys hurt her!

Spicule: I did at that. She knew the risk and took a gamble for you. Alright I'll pay you back then, hows that?

Zoey: I don't want your damn money.

Spicule: And I don't want to give you my damn money niether.

Figment: We don't even have half that much.

Zoey: So you were offering me nothing anyway!

Spicule: Hey I'm an expert on Dayon transformation. I should know. I am one!

Zoey: . . . What about it?

Spicule: You're Dayon form is still trying to establish itself. You can't purge it so you might as well learn how to mold it . . . Or well you can be like Zorn way over there.

He pointed to the massive three headed wolf far in the distance sleeping.

Spicule: You know his human form has three faces. In that form he has three heads on one body . . . And not one of them has any sense other then loyalty to me simply because he thinks I'm his Alpha. You want that instead?

Zoey:  . . . Fine . . . But you better try to get on my good side again. Or I'll turn my blades on you.

Spicule: Zoey . . . It's a deal.

Chapter End Notes:

Ok time to finally move on. I d apologies for the long wait and the rather irritating chapter 19. It''s complete now so go ahead and check it. Feel free to suggest any ideas. Because it's really hard to paint a picture with only words. Maybe once this is done I'll try to find an artist. I'd do it myself if drawing didn't hurt my hands.