- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Class S Dayon: Was only updates in recent months. Outside of the cities there are Dayon that make even class A look like a rag doll. They are nicknamed the Devils and often are given a code name from the Devil of a religion (Lucifer, Satan, Mephistopheles, Asmodeus, etc). They are more then just savage beasts as they are capable of thinking and communication. But for the most part consider themselves as a transendant form of life and only speak to others on a whim. They are incapable of taking on a human form may have even forgotten they were once human themselves. Class S would only consider an Advent Ranked Reaver to be a true threat. Because of the planets inability to support a creature 3000+ feet in diameter, they have evolved a biological core to sustain themselves. While other Dayon evolve a trait that relies on elements (Puriotic Table Elements, Not Fire, Earth, Wind & Water) or compounds. Class S are capable of using energy similar to Reavers (although usually a very unnatural with high polluting effects.)

Spicule has defied all the noticable traits of a Class S Dayon, with the only exception being his Nuclear Core.

                Because of the nuclear energy from Spicule. Crusade was unable to get a strong psionic grasp on him or Alice. But the debris around them was still vulnerable. Crusade was capable of manipulating Photons allowing her to create a hard light shield. Even the explosion from Alice's shots wasn't pushing her around. But for the most part she was playing the disctraction since she was convinced that the Advent Reavers wern't going to take her too seriously. Keeping an eye on Spicule was a problem since Crusade was unable to verify his location other then with human visibility.

Alice: Is there any way I can break that shield?

Nova: Currently we do not have the function to penetrate the Advent's defensive abilities. However the hardlight shield does not cover Crusades body completely.

They continud there battle. Although Spicule can come out of nowhere, Alice was the one who had to take the front of Crusades attacks.

Crusade: You certainly are an irregular. Peace could not confirm what you were either. But so far you seem to be only immitating us. Most of your actions are instinctive. Not yet foresightful.

Alice: I guess that means I fail you're evaluations then. That's fine by me.

Crusade: I have made my first evaluation. We will need a command to determine it's fate.

Alice: Who is she talking to?

Nova: I cannot intercept the connection. I can only confirm that there is a long distance communication between Crusade an an unknown entity.

Spicule on the other hand had no intention of waiting. He took out his FN-P90 and began shooting at Crusade from the side. A couple bullets hit her arm before she moved her shield.

Spicule: See ladies. This is why you don't make a long distance call when there's a nut job with a gun in the area.

Crusade retaliated with a sqall of photon spears. It was unclear if Crusade even valued the bullet wounds as injuries. When she couldn't lift her arm she seemed puzzled. Using her other hand she drew out the bullets from the wound.

Crusade: I will need to repair this vassal once I am done here.

________________________________________________________________________

Far from the battlefield there were several structures that had Devil Scar members giving long ranged support. Brian was assigned to an active smelting plant. Vomer had all the snipers scattered about in order to cover multiple angles and make it difficult to track trajectories. Brian was fortunate that they left him unattended. He tried contacting Todd about the surroundings by radio.

Todd: We can't stay on this frequency for too long so lets make this quick.

Brian: Gotcha . . . You're on the team rescuing the human captives right?

Todd: Yeah. Pat's probably in there with them . . . I wish we didn't have to do this but the only thing we can do for him is put him down. If he's still down then I'll end him myself. If I fuck up then try to stop him before he goes full Reaver.

Brian: Sure. I'm also going try and get a cheap shot at Spicule while he's fighting with that other Reaver. If you don't think you can get Pat then call me again in advance.

Todd: I hear you. But do you think you can take Spicule out?

Brian: No . . . For all I know this asshole has the foresight of a fucking time lord. Either that or I'd just be that predictable.

Todd: Might as well try. Over and out.

Brian had trouble trying to find Spicule in the battle. He could see Alice and Crusade but he needed his first chot to be for Spicule. As time continued, Brian could here the chatter on the radio. Some of the other Devil Scar members noticed two VIP's exit the structure. Commissioner Gathers was already close to the elevator shaft. Where as Thomas Al Capone was still a good distance away. With Raubtier tearing up their front forces and the other teams flanking the trade groups. There was little chance of salvaging the deal.

Spicule: The fat mans making a run for it? Oh goody.

He finally stood still giving Brian his opening.

Spicule: Say girl, I gotta run and go make some middle aged Al Capone bastard cry. Have fun with what's her face over there.

Alice: Seriously?!

As he left to chase after Thomas. Brian kept him in his sights. He was no longer taking cover or using gurella tactics.

Brian: Finally . . . Keep running straight like that. I'll end this with one shot.

He steadied his aim. But just as he pulled the trigger. He felt his rifle get pulled up.

Hive: You, will, not, hurt, Spicule.

Brian felt his hands and legs getting binded by webs. His hands were tierd to his rifle.

Brian: Oh not this fucking bullshit again.

Hive: The, bad, person, takes, too, much, joy, with, guns.

Brian: You know my name asshole.

Hive: Spicule, is, the, revolution. Hive, will, not, let, you hurt, Spicule. Punishment, is, needed.

Brian: Tch. Do your worst. I got nothing to lose.

Hive: The, other, will, pay, the, price. Alice, will, suffer, because, of you.

He could feel the webs aiming his anti tank rifle towards Alice.

Brian: Hey what the hell? Spicule never told you to kill her.

Hive: She, will, not, die. But, you, will, betray, her. Just, like, you, betray, you're, friends.

Brian: . . . You really think I'm an idiot don't you.

He broke free from the webs. Putting up his rifle he startled Hive. Hive began climbing on his webs only to notice them getting weak.

Brian: Surprise Hive.

Hive: Impossible . . .

Brian: When I get the chance, I'm going to take Spicule out. That's what you heard from me right?

Hive: You, lied . . .

Brian: You're own damn fault. You who hold such a grudge towards me trusted the words I said.

Hive: Why, aren't, they, working?

Brian: Just something I picked up. You're webs may be tougher then an actual spiders but they disolve in a water based solution all the same so I took time to rig the sprinkler system to release a mist instead. I had plenty of practice fighting in you're kind of environment. But this time you're in an area I had time to set up. And don't expect to tranq me with those things either. I always keep adrenaline with me ready. You were the one that I was after. Simon.

Hive: That's, not, my, name . . . You, killed, him.

Brian: I will admit little brother. I did fail you back then. And now I want to make ammens. But let me make one thing clear you little twerp. I'll do it on MY terms, not yours. You ain't mad at Alice or anyone who I associate with. I'm the one you want so no more running. No hide and seek. You and me. We'll settle this face to face. You want revenge then bring it Simon.

He then opened fire at one of Hives legs. unlike his pistol. The anti-tank rifle he got from Vomer was much more effective at damaging Dayon. Hive would retaliate with more webs on instinct but because of the mist in the steel mill. They were breaking down too fast. It also made it hard to walk along the walls or keep his balance. He was forced to switch between Human and Dayon form. A class D certainly can revert alot faster but even Hive can't change at the speed that Spicule could. As their skirmish continued they were battling along the catwalks. They had to be careful because below was bioling steel being smelted by automated machines.

Hive: You, . . . all, your, fault. Are, you going, to kill me, like before?

Brian: Simon . . . I didn't abandon you that day. I said I failed. That doesn't mean I didn't try. I can apologies but it wouldn't even phase you.

Hive: Stop, calling me Simon! My name, is Hive now. Accidental or intentional. You left me to my fate. Spicule was there when you were not.

Brian: And he became the brother you wish you had. Not a day has gone by that I haven't hated myself for it. But you know what. I wasn't going to just spend my life dwelling on it. Just because I was in the mid level doesn't mean I had it easy either. So tell me about all the others you took. How many actually were recruited by Spicule? I heard from Todd that Pat went Reaver instead. And then there's the ones you didn't tell Spicule about.

Hive: What about them . . . They deserved it-

Brian: They had NOTHING to do with your pain! Nothing! And you killed them all the same. You suck at revenge Simone. And to be fair you're not that powerful as a Dayon either. Sounds more like you were clinging on to Spicule instead of being at his side.

Hive: Shut it . . .

Brian: You know I was surprised when I first met him as well. We expected some typical mob boss and instead he was alot more complex then that. You know I think he actually trusts you . . . I wonder. If you hadn't interupted me. Would I have been able to kill him? He was fully aware about where I was positioned.

Hive tried swinging one of his legs against him. But even Brian had enough resolve to hold it back.

Brian: I'm sorry that I wasn't able to save you. I want to make amens for my actions. And I have been doing just that. And I will be doing that for the rest of my life.

Hive seemed disheartened and angry at the same time.

Hive: You . . . really think, you can make, amens this way?

Brian: Certainly better than your alternative. You can keep me in a box and stab me just to keep me in pain every single day for eternity. Or hurt as many other people that you can reach but you're not fixing anything. Yoo'll be just as miserable the next day as you were the last. You cry about it. You learn from it. You move on.

Hive: Move on to what?! You're not, a freak like me. It's not like I can go up and take on a new leaf. You're still human!

Brian: I don't expect you to get it right now. But one way or another. You're going to answer for the crimes you commited. We both will.

He held out his hand for a moment.

Hive: ?

Brian: No matter what you choose. I'll make sure you face your own sins like me. Even if I have to drag your ass out of here.

Hive: Right . . . You became, an aprentice policeman. Of course you, would do this, as a lawful man. Must be easy to, put on a blue coat.

Brian: You have no idea how hard it was for me to do that.

Hive began to slowly approach Brian. He seemed like he was considering what Brian said.

Hive: You . . . a police officer. They made you soft.

He then launched a stinger at brian. He fell off his feet onto the catwalk.

Hive: If that, was the you, before you became, a cop. You wouldn't have, given me that, chance. Make, amens your own way. I didn't try, to kill you, because of that. I said, Spicule would bring a, revolution. I can forgive you brother. But not this world. How did we get into, this situation, in te first, place?

Hive then pinned Brian to the catwalk with his legs.

Hive: You tried to prove you could change. But look at this world that you're changing for.

Brian: Simon . . . You're bleeding.

Blood was dripping from Hives mouth. It was clear that the problem was from his throat.

Hive: Yes. You see brother. All of us Dayon have a defect. That is why I don't speak clearly like this. While those things topside live in ignorance of us. I want them to suffer. I want them to taste thre anguish that we suffered. I don't want what's right. Just what's fair.

Hive then offered his hand to Brian instead.

Hive: Join Devil Scar. Convince your friends there to do the same. We can be brothers again.

There was a pause for a moment. But before Brian could answer, they began to hear a voice in the distance. At first it was faint. But little by little it became clear. The hard part was where it was comming from.

???: We are brothers by blood, and my love does flood. The thoughts of yesterday, Two children fast at play.

The poetry was followed up by a horrable grinding noise. The part of the catwalk behind Brian was destroyed. The brothers began to feel a sense of dread when they saw what destroyed the exit behind them. Massive nails ripped apart the path behind them. They turned to the other side to witness him. The monster who torments monsters. Red Raven.

Red Raven: That was the past, and the moment will last. In our dreams time stands still, view the thoughts of yesterday at will.

Hive was more terrified then Brian. The Raven hunts monsters after all. In a panic Hive spun webs towards him. They ended up ensnaring the massive nail in his hands. But he stcuk it to the catwalk and let it spin violently. Hives spider legs were being towed to the nail. He severed the threads but his spider legs were impaled to the catwalk. Brian could tell that his brother was in pain. He was still a little shaky from the stinger but he could manage.

Brian: Hey you. Fuck off. He's my responsibility. There are plenty of Dayon that have done worse.

But his threats were ignored.

Red Raven: Tomorrow will come and I'll be there, with unmessurable amounts of love to share. For now we have our dreams and thoughts, our shoud've and oughts.

Brian opened fire with his pistol. The first two shots were warning shots. But red Raven didn't even flinch to them. He tried aiming for his shoulder instead. And then his gut. For a moment he fell to the ground. But he rose once again. As if he was an immortal, or a zombie. Brian attempted to fire with his rifle instead. But he was struck in the stomache with the head of Ravens nail. And then another nail was pierced through the collar of Brians jacket. He avoided seriously harming Brian and simply nailed him to the wall and out of the way. Hive tried the stinger on Raven when he had the chance. He looked at the large stinger sticking into his chest. And then pulled it out as if it was just a nusance. The poisonous effects of the stinger didn't seem to even get his attention. The Raven retaliated by stabbing his opisthoma into place as well. And soon after he then severed the section of the catwalk that held up hive. It was only hanging by the cables on the ceiling while dangling above melted steel. Red Raven grabbed onto one of the cables. And then cut the two on the far side.

Brian: You crazy son of a bitch.

Brian took off his coat to free himself from the wall as Raven cut another of the cables.

Red Raven: Our Fathers and Mothers, but we are brothers.

Hive could see Brian running towards him. He was speaking the truth about making amens for his failure. But Hive knew that his brother would not be able to hold him up and the weight of the falling catwalk. The nails that pinned him down weren't light either. They reached for eachothers hands. Only for Hive to pull his hand away.

Hive: You're forgiven. And you tried your best this time.

Brian: Simon!!!

Red Raven: We are brothers by blood, and my love does flood.

He severed the last cable beneath from beneath his feet. It almost looked as though Brian was about to jump after his brother. But Red Raven tackled him to the ground. Leaving Hive to perish to his fate. And when Brian came to his feet. Both his brother and Red Raven were gone. One into the metal fire. The other into the shadows.

Brian: I . . . got a second chance . . . and failed again. Red Raven . . . I am going to kill you.

In his despair and rage he wasn't able to hear the radio. From it there was an alert comming from Todd.

Todd: Brian, you there man? . . . . Damn you're probably out of range anyway. I'll have to make this a public alert. All hells breaking lose with the caged people. We freed several of them but one of them just turned Reaver. Formerly my friend Pat. And this ones pretty fucking mean. He's making a move on Spicules team!

Chapter End Notes:

I apologies for the delay. And I also must apologies for the rocky writing right now. I am kind of trying to clear the second arc so I can move on with the story. I have a friend who might be able to go through my current work and help with editing so that these parts become more clear.

DISCLAIMER: The poetry is not of my own creation. The challenge I have for myself is to find really old poems/nursery rhymes, to portray the character as a poetic murderer instead of just a simple laughing psychotic.