- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Please note this chapter is currently incomplete. I will be finishing it within the course of this week.

      Even after the damages to the structure caused by the Flying Hyenas and Cryophyte. The Tuwa Foundations labs were working tirelessly through the strife. The goal in the long term was to bring life back to the worlds ruined surface. But deeper in the restricted sectors there was more going on. Linus was working while speaking with his biggest contributor.

Linus: So far we've discovered something different about the Ayous you sent us. Trying to bond Ayous to plant life appears to create a symbiosis. I have yet to perfect it yet. But I believe that we can accomplish a new way to use Ayous energy.

Blane: What has become of the successful specimen?

Linus: So far they appear to have become passive. They still have their usual functions but they aren't making any attempts to overtake a host. They might even be able to cure diseases.

Blane: Lets not get ahead of ourselves. I know you are eger to save your adopted child but it's best to test the side effects as well.

Linus: . . . I understand sir.

Blane: So far it sounds like you have discovered an Ayous more accuted to our worlds nature . . . What was their Reaver ranking anyway?

Linus: Unfortunatly the ones bonded so far were only Acolyte Grade. Apostles seem to reject the plants they enter. The Acolytes can still move up to an Apostle level but by bonding them with a plant has also slowed their development. I do not know how an Advent would be affected.

Blane: That we will not be testing at all. Advents can freely jump from host to host anyway. Not that I have one to test anyway.

Linus: Well it's a start so I suppose we can just let the bonded Ayous develope into Apostle ranks on their own for now.

It was then Linus recieved a transmission from the front desk.

Secretary: Excuse me sir but there's a Ms. Gina Al Capone here to see you.

Linus: What! . . . Ok I'll be up there in a bit.

Blane: Listen Linus. That woman must not know what were doing here. If the Al Capones are here to collect money then you pay them whatever they ask. I will compensate you for your troubles.

Linus: If it's not the Conclave it's Al Capone. It's not like I'm getting in their way or anything.

He ended the conversation with Blane to meet the most feared woman in the city. At the front desk was a brute of a man that was even taller than Linus.

Linus: Hello . . . Where is Ms Al Capone Mr . . .?

Polly: Polly. And we won't be talking here. Ms AlCapone will be having the meeting on the move. Right this way sir.

Linus: . . . Yes of course.

He had the secretary hold his calls until he gets back. Linus was sitting between two other guys while faced with the master of the Al Capone. She looked to be in her mid 70s. Despite her small size. There was no one in limo that would dare cross her.

Gina: It's nice to see you again Mr. Hatch.

Linus: Like wise I'm sure. I see you have improved on your transportation.

Gina: When you start employing bigger muscle it's important that they can fit in your transportation. But lets get to the reason why you have been summoned.

Linus: I have already paid my debts. Fredrick and Margaret are under my protection.

Gina: Trust me Mr. Hatch. You'll be paying for them your entire life. You know that usually those that buy from us are only renting these kids. I just happen to be making a special arrangment for you.

Linus: So what is it then. Was there left over interest that I was unaware of?

Gina: Linus. If I wanted anything more from you I would have had your organs removed. And you have been a really good customer over the years. I felt that this was a time to give a little back. Of course there is a trade off.

She snapped her fingers and one of her henchmen brought out a file. When Linus pullled it out he saw that the pictures were of Alice. But to his surprise they were of her in her Novus form in the skirmishes against Cryophyte.

Linus: This doesn't make any sense. So you are showing me pictures of a girl and a monster. I didn't take you for the type who believes in this garbage.

Gina: Drop the act red man. We all know about Dayon and Ayous. And I happen to have spies that use some very old cameras. Way to primative to be hacked into and tampered with. So you know that I don't play around.

Linus: . . . So what do you want with her

Gina: I want you to help me get her before the Conclave does. My idiot son ended up losing her to the lower level.

Linus: The explosion a few days ago.

Gina: Don't read too much into it. For your own good. Now, normally I would be lucky for someone to be in the lower level. But of all the places she had to fall into. It had to be in the clutches of Spicule.

Linus: And how am I suppost to help? I'm not exactly a mercenary.

Gina: No but you're good with kids. Especially those that are friends with the ones you rented.

Linus: You're asking me to betray her trust?!

Gina: Who said I was asking? And I was thinking of compensating you for this one. You bring her to me and I will rip up our ownership papers of Fredrick and Margaret. No more monthly payments. No future debts to worry about. I'll be giving you full guardianship over them.

Linus: How do I know you're lying?

Gina: I don't make deals like that every day you know. Otherwise I would have been out of buisness long ago. And since Margaret is a defective product. I won't be able to use the little kid anyway. Speaking of her I would do something about her radiation poisoning if I were you.

Linus: C-Can I get a little time to think about it?

Gina: Don't stutter. I hate men who can't make choices. Now you don't want me to start thinking I'm wasting my time do you?

________________________________________________________________________

         Bruiser brought out both Daniel and Zoey from their prisons. Zoey was relieved that what had happened to her was not visibly showing right now. Exactly how long that will last was entirly on her luck. They were both brought into the room where Spicule had set up a chess board game. It was an unusual move but Spicule's subbordinates were used to the random actions he would take.

Spicule: I trust you know the rules to this, right girl?

Alice: Yes . . . I don't get why you would just throw this out of nowhere.

Spicule: The rules down here are simple. You either do one job for a service or you simply win to get something. So lets have a best 2 out of 3. If you win, you get a favor out of me. And vice versa. I brought your friends here just so you don't feel alone. Ain't I a nice guy girl.

Alice: Sure I guess.

For the first match it seemed pretty straight forward. Each took their turn and one by one the pieces were removed.

Spicule: Hey Hive, you look a little cold. If you want you can kick on that heater.

Alice was spending more time trying to figure out what he was really trying to do. He seemed uninterested in the match itself. She tried to maintain her composure and focused on the chess game instead of the strange things he was doing.

Zoey: Are you ok Daniel?

Daniel: Fine. Just feel like I've seen something like this before.

Brian: Well it is a chess game after all. I'd imagine alot of jerks have seen them.

By the first match. Alice was victorious. But she was under the impression that he wasn't really trying.

Hive: Spicule, will, win,

Brian: Well don't you seem confident there short stuff.

Figment: Boss it might help you better if you actually try. You beat Hive at this all the time and you two play it at a hard core level.

Spicule: Oh my god, you are so right! I've forgotten who I really was!

But the way he said it sounded like he was making fun of a cliche'. They then reseted the board. And this time he made a move the second Alice finished hers.

Spicule: Keep up girl. You don't wanna fall behind now.

Zoey: Wait, Alice don't do that-

Bruiser: Hey no back seaters allowed.

Before she knew it she was forced to use her queen alone to keep her king active. Until she got trapped by his last move.

Spicule: And that's check mate.

Daniel: Are you ok Alice?

Alice: Sorry . . . Just hard to think straight.

Spicule: What's the matter girl? Cold!?

Zoey then thought about why Spicule turned on the heater.

Zoey: You know you can turn off the heater already. Hive's got a winter coat and no one else here really needs it.

Spicule: You know when the sun is blocked out down here. It tends to get chilly. But as you wish. She probably doesn't like the heat that much anyway.

This time when the third game started up things were again different. She tried to keep up with Spicules pacing. And move after move they both lost about half their pieces. She was looking ahead as much as possible to see if he was going to bait her into another trap. The only serious issue was that there were several steps that could cost her the match. But then when she took his last bishop. He knocked over his king.

Spicule: Congrads girl. You made it.

Bruiser: What the hell?

Figment: Boss! You still had a chance. I know she was getting the upper hand but still.

Zoey: Well . . . If he surrenders then it's over anyway.

Hive: . . .

Brian: Hey don't look so gloomy. Assuming victory is dumb in the first place

Spicule: Don't feel bad Hive. No one wins all the time. And I saw how it will all end. Why sacrifice your subjects if you know you already lost right?

Alice: . . . You would have won.

Zoey: What?

Alice: You would have won in 5 more moves.

It was then that Hive noticed that Spicule actually had an edge. Alice would have almost beaten him but the last move would have ended up in check. Spicule just leaned back in his chair with that same grin on his face.

Spicule: You know girl. In the second match you failed to see my trap which is easy to see. And yet you caught my other traps that far ahead?

Alice: I . . . Thought it was obvious.

Hive: Spicule, could, have, won . . . Hive, did. not, see, it.

Spicule: Girl if you won then it doesn't matter about what could have happened. I could have potentially invented the wheel but I didn't. And of course you get a prize. So I think you wanted to know where your dad went. Right?

Alice: . . . You said he was down here awhile ago.

Spicule: We found him for a bit yes. He was skulking around the sewars and caverns bellow our feet. No idea why he was down there but he seemed to have an idea of where he was going.

Alice: Do you have him as your captive?

Spicule: Why yes of course I do . . . Except I don't have him at all. Conclave beat me to it that time.

Alice: So if I want to find him I need to get back up the city.

Spicule: Only trick is that they keep the elevator shafts guarded. And the private shafts you kind of need to be employed. So I'll help you get back upstairs. I'll give you a moment with your buddies and then Zoey and Daniel boy there can wait here until we finish. So enjoy the senery. Then I'll see you in four hours.

As they left. Bruiser began to question Spicule about his methodes.

Bruiser: Boss . . . I have to know. What the hell was the point of that?

Figment: It's like you're so bored out of your mind that you turn completly juvenile. And how does some chess game indicate intellegence?

Spicule: Oh no, the whole thing about smart people playing chess is bullshit. All it's really about is who has the best memory. Kind of how schools try to teach kids.

Figment: So you were just wasting time for the hell of it?

Spicule: The trick is to see what she was doing outside of the game. For one thing she has a "never say die" mentality. And in a good way I mean. Never tried to take any easy ways out. But still was trying to use problem solving skills. And she hates high temperatures. Tends to alternate between being clueless and focused. Can't mix love and hate either. Those are the things you need to pay attention to.

Bruiser: And what exactly did you figure out about it?

Spicule: The girls Autistic.

Figment: Seriously . . . You went through all that just to see if some kid has a mental defect? You have the power of a nuclear bomb and you're wasting time with shit like this!

Spicule then rushed straight up to Figment with his Knife close to her neck.

Spicule: If I were to damage your brain in anyway then it doesn't really matter does it. You shoud take more appreciation for the mind over peoples physical abilities.

He then begins tapping his head.

Spicule: Our exsistance is all here. So if I happen to take an interest in studying peoples minds, then that means I can figure out how to deal with people.

Hive: Hive, does, not, see, it. How, can, Spicule, tell?

Spicule became delighted in answering Hive.

Spicule: You guys should be more like Hive and be open minded to possibilities. Pick up a chair little buddy and I'll tell you all about it.

Bruiser: . . . Sometimes boss I can't tell if you're a real philosopher or just flat out insane.

Spicule: Insanity, Philosophy . . . What's the difference.

________________________________________________________________________

Regrettably, the group wern't able to leave Devil Scars base camp. Spicule was so confident in his jailing abilities that he didn't even need cages. If they left then he could easily track them down. And they would have no means to get back up.

Brian: God . . . This guy is a nut job. Lets hope we can get this over with.

Alice: It seems that it's a common thing among Dayon.

Daniel: Doesn't surprise me. Usually Dayon that are Class B and higher suffer mental problems.

Zoey: . . . You mean they go insane after awhile?

Daniel: They can.

Zoey: Well . . . That would explain why Jaamal is like that.

Alice: I'm not so certain if he is suffering from psychosis. For one thing he is fully aware of himself and his own actions. If he has any disorder, then it would be closer to an anti-social disorder.

Brian: Still, felt like that chess game was a waste of time. Daniel, you said you've seen that kind of game before. What did you mean by it?

Daniel: I had to do an IQ and a psychiatric test before. The doctor disguised it as a simple chess game.

Alice: So . . . he was doing a psychiactric test on me? . . . I know we need to help these jerks to get out of here. Guess I just got to bare it until then.

Zoey: You know. You might be able to escape on your own.

Alice: But I can't leave the rest of you here.

Zoey: Well then you can take Brian and Daniel. Your Nova thing should let you carry two people right now. Spicule isn't goping to hurt me. And my dad will come down here within a week.

Daniel: Why a week?

Brian: In short. Paper work. The departments can't operate out of their sectors without a permit. Fucking red tape.

Zoey: Really . . . I'd rather you all get out of here before these screwballs start twisting everyone up.

Brian: Fuck that noise. I'll just kill Spicule myself. I don't think Devil Scar can function without him.

Daniel: Alice couldn't take him. What makes you think you can?

Brian: I don't plan to. For now lets play along with them. Since I was added to that Vomer guys team. That means that I'm in a sniping position.

Alice: But he's a Dayon. If they get injured enough they force transform to save their lives.

Brian: Damage to the brain is a different story. Even if he lives, he won't be able to think the way he does right now. He'll probably go retarded from the damage.

Alice: . . . Guess I'll follow your plan then. If I had beaten him from the start we wouldn't be in this situation.

Daniel: Please don't think like that.

Zoey: The guy is ex-military. He knows battle tactics. You just got thrown into this life style about a month ago. Just let us do what we can ourselves.

As they continued to argue with one another they began to hear footsteps marching. A small army of Dayon and Humans began to rally. Readying themselves for the battle ahead. And soon afterwards a man came behind them asking for Alice.

Alice: Who are you?

Zorn: Thhhey call me Zorn. You aaare Alicce rrrright?

Alice: And what if I am?

Zorn: Mmmaster looking for yyou. Lettt us ggo.

He had a hard time speaking. But unlike Hive who had a speach imedament. This guy's main issue seemed to be in his head. He had no hair but pointed ears while wearing handcuffs. And it almost looked like he had two extra faces on the sides of his head.

Zorn: Wwwwants us for hhhhis mission.

Alice: So you're the third guy Spicule was talking about.

He began getting a little close to her. Zorn tried to sniff the airoma comming from her.

Alice: Ok . . . You don't need to do that . . .

Nova: Becareful around this one Alice. My s-scan indicates that this one is a Class A Dayon.

Bruiser: Oh thank god I found you, Sorry about this guy. He gets impatient.

Alice: Is that why he's chained up?

Bruiser: No. He's chained up to limit himself. Trust me you'll see when we take the leash off. But in anycase. Spicule's starting the mission so You and Brian get to your teams. You other kids are going back into the cells for the time being.

Zoey: So you let us out just to throw us back in!

Bruiser: Don't get mad at me. Bosses orders.

________________________________________________________________________

Alice and Brian were forced to come to come to the raid. Vomer had already moved Brian into a smelting factory. It had a good vantage point of the battle ground where the trade was going to take place. While Vomers men would provide sniping support. Figment would be responsible for liberating the Al Capones orphans and slave and Bruiser would be dealing damage to the weaponry that the Conclave was offering in return.

Spicule: What do you know . . . They brought in the heavy guns today. Leave that lady to me.

Alice: The bald woman in the white coat you mean. She's an Advent Reaver I take it?

Spicule: For a girl who just learned this yesterday, you catch on pretty fast. You can handle Reavers I hope. Oh what am I saying. Of course you'll do fine. Now then . . . Zorn it's time to do your thing.

Zorn: Masttter. I wwill hae trouble idddentifying friend from foeee . . .

Spicule: Don't worry I'll steer you in the right direction.

Zorn: Ass you wish.

He then jumped below to the ground. Alice could see Zorn's change. He grew a savage fur coat and as he rose into his Dayon form, two aditional heads split from the sides of his face. He took on the shape of a three headed werwolf. Zorn let out a howl signifying his presence, standing as a 300 foot tall monster.

Spicule: Atta boy. Now lets get this party started. Don't worry girl. The big bad wolf only kills what I don't like.

Alice: . . . I'm surprised you didn't call him Cerberus.

Spicule: Well we thought of that. But then I thought that's been done to death already.

He then decided to push Alice on to Zorn back and then followed himself.

Spicule: Alright Zorn . . . Everything in that general direction must die!

________________________________________________________________________

Zoey was still trying to deal with her changes. Even though they wern't permanent, they seemed to be getting more serious. Right now she could still see the silver blue metal covering her hands. As for the blades in her arms. She found that she was able to retract them given enough time. After a little while, her and Daniel could hear several footsteps. They couldn't tell how many but the voice of their guard sounded familiar.

Bert: Sorry guys, but Spicule says he doesn't want anyone touching Zoey.

Hive: We, are, here, for, the, other.

Bert: Oh. Well I don't think I'm suppose to let anyone kill him either.

Hive: Not, kill. Harm. The, bad. person, wants, to. betray, Spicule. Hive, will, deal, with, him. Hurt, the, other, one, to, send, message. You, will, not, be, responsible.

Bert: Uhh . . . I guess roughing him up a bit doesn't matter.

Zoey could hear them enter Daniels cell.

Zoey: What the hell, don't hurt him. Out of any of us he's done the least to you.

Bert: Hey shut up. No talking in the prison.

But hive dismissed his actions.

Hive: This, is, penalty, for, trying, to, hurt, Spicule. Heard, you, speak, of, betrayal. The, bad, person, will, suffer, as, well.

Zoey was banging on the door cursing the lot of them. She could hear from the other cell that it was getting worse. Hive had departed after a few minutes. Most likely to go after Brian. Bert had been getting annoyed with her trying to get out. She paused for a moment.

Zoey: Must be hard for you to be stuck on guard duty.

Bert: I told you to shove it.

Zoey: You know I remeber you from that day I was tied up. A whole gang bang and you wern't invited. You're not into big girls are you. Most people would think of you as a pedophile.

He began dragging his crowbar across the bars. And then got close to them to speak directly in the cell.

Bert: You really aren't listening are you. Keep it up and I'll break your legs.

She then threw a small handful of gravel at his face as hard as she could. While trying to put on an innocent face.

Zoey: I would call you a pedophile but you're probably closer to a dildo. You put on the idea of being some scary violating dick but it's all just an image in the end. You only pretend to be a dick but don't really have the balls to pull it off.

Bert: Oh I'll show you balls you bitch.

He stormed in the cell ready to beat her with a crowbar. She managed to duck the first swing. But she was taken off guard by how quickly he could wind up another. As she was knocked to the ground he had pulled out a taser.

Bert: Thought I was dumb and slow did you. And since you wanted it so bad I'll give it to you.

He thrusted the taser at her. She instinctivly blocked it with her hands. And before Bert knew it. He found his taser was already out of power. He noticed the silver blue metal covering her hands.

Bert: Hey . . . What's up with your skin. And I thought you had black hair not white . . . Oh Shit! You're a- dadddaddaddaddaddaaaauuuuhhhhh . . . . .

In his confusion she had stabbed him in the shoulder and ended up being electroctuted. It was still the level of a taser but it was enough to stun him. As he lay there on the ground, Zoey kicked him in the gut just to add further injury.

Zoey: Dumbass . . .

Zoey stole the keys off of Bert. It was then she heard the violence from the other cell become extreme. In a panic she rushed over to the other cell. But when she took her first step out of her own cell, she could see blood running out of Daniels cell. And when she looked into it. She saw the victums crucified to the walls. There were three people nailed to the wall. And she found Daniel in the clutches of the most frightening murderer in the city. The Red Raven also had a fourth corpse staked through the heart. She was scared of him but not to a paralysing level. But before she could act, Red Raven threw the corpse he had with him at her. The corpse was heavy and it took her awhile to get the dead man off of her. When she got free, she saw that Red Raven had already left with Daniel leaving only a trail of blood to follow. As she sought to follow the trail, Zoey could hear Bert starting to get back up.

Bert: . . . God fucking damnit . . . Did you . . . just stab my shoulder blade off?

He then noticed the cell door close on him.

Bert: Hey!

Zoey: You can stay in there for awhile you dildo. Bet Spicule would be pissed to see you instead of me.

She left him to deal with his pain. She continued to follow the trail, leading her through the structure. It wouldn't be long before someone realises her escape. Before she exited the prison. A figure caught her eye. A girl who was covered in blood. Her hands were incased in silver blue metal. It also spread across her neck in three fang like patterns on each side. Her hair was untied and chin length. It was pure white and her eyes were colored purple. It didn't take long for her to realise that it was her in the mirror.

________________________________________________________________________

The Conclave were gathering in a building owned by Al Capone. Both sides had arranged for a trade. Al Capone was purchasing some dangerous weaponry. The kind of artillery that could be used to start a war. And in exchange they would trade over a train load of orphans and other homeless, dragged off the streets. Most of Al Capones guards consisted of hired mercenaries. Thomas Al Capone was speaking for the Syndicate and on the other side he met with Johan Gathers. Guarding her was a bald pale and skinny woman who wore the same kind of white coat as Peace did.

Thomas: Been awhile Ms. Gathers. I trust our products are to your liking?

Johan: Baldy tells me that they will work. And you're fine with the armmaments?

Thomas: I can see them from here. Yeah were good on this. Now just as a heads up. Some of the people already have an Ayous in them so be careful of that. We marked them so you can tell which ones too keep an eye out for.

Johan: That kind of shit I leave to my employers. Now lets get this over with.

Thomas: Of course.

He turns to a small radio in his ear.

Thomas: Captain, how's our status?

Merc Captain: All is clear so far sir. Most of the shipment is loaded. I'm just waiting for the patrol to report back in.

Thomas: How long will that take.

Merc Captain: Shouldn't be more then a few minutes. However two of my squads haven't reported in.

Thomas: Did you call them?

Merc Captain: I did that just before you called me sir. So far nothing but static.

Thomas: Hmm. Switch to high alert. And keep me posted.

Merc Captain: Will do sir.

Johan: Sounds like the freaks are comming around. I'll take the first load of un-desirables and leave the monsters to you.

Thomas: Oh yeah of course. Let us deal with them ourselves.

Johan: Don't get smart with me fat man. I'll leave you with Crusade here. The Reavers will help deal with this little problem.

Merc Captain: Sir.

Thomas: What is it?

Merc Captain: We got incomming. My teams are getting several reports of attacks.

Thomas: Already?! Can't you guys deal with a few freaks or two?!

Merc Captain: They're attacking from a distance. And based on the attack patterns it suggests to me that it's a diversion. Can't confirm they're numbers.

Thomas: Well Commissioner. Seems like we have a problem about your escape.

Johan: You should hire a better mercenaries.

Thomas: That's not it. Regular Dayon don't ally like this or use battle tactics. And there's only one group down here bat shit insane enough to challenge Al Capone.

Johan: A traitor then?

Thomas: No one snitched. Devil Scar moves fast down here.

Johan: Crusade, can you tell how many are out there?

Crusade: I can see several corrupted ones. There are some key Dayon that are acting as leaders. I will send Reavers against them.

Johan: Where are you going?

Crusade: There is a highly dangerous Dayon approaching. It's contamination level is equal to what you call a Class A.

Thomas: That the only one we got to worry about?

Crusade: One other. Peace wanted to evaluate this one. I shall deal with the Class A Dayon.

Crusade flew off towards the rumbling earth. They could see the three headed beast from the distance. It ran through the Merc squads charging head on to the structure.

Thomas: That thing isn't going to stop!

As Zorn approached. He was intercepted by Crusade. She forced him down with little more than her mind.

Crusade: To think that you could fall to such a hideous level of exsistance. Oh well. It is my mission to purge the fallen.

In her hand a sphere of bright green energy was forming. But as it was charging. Crusade was nearly hit by a teal shot.

Nova: Becareful Alice. This is a-another Advent. This one is capable of concentrating photons.

Crusade: Hmm . . . Yes, you are the one Peace wanted me to evaluate. I was informed you had two minds in you. But I cannot see your thoughts very well . . . You couldn't have climbed to a point to resist us this quickly. No . . . There is a contamination mildly weakening you. You were damaged by an unnatural force.

She was ambushed by Spicule. He had her arms pinned from behind.

Spicule: Hi there! How are you?

He was about to stab her in the neck when an unseen attack pushed him away.

Crusade: This is strange. I did not see you until now . . . You. You are the source of the poison that blocks our sight.

Spicule: Oh well I am so fucking sorry you can't use basic eye sight like us mere mortals.

She tried to bind him with a psionic grasp. But she was shocked to see him struggle free of it.

Alice: How can he just slip passed mind over matter?

Nova: Even in human form. This Dayon generates a personal EMP field.

Alice: So even Reavers aren't good with nuclear energy.

Nova: Both aspects of Fallout can interfear with psionic phenomenon. And the radiation contaminating you from before can also be used to your advantage.

Alice: Guess I'll have to make due.

They could here several sqards of mercs charging in. They even had several tanks with them. They even had a few Apostles supporting them.

Spicule: Hey Zorn! Go get em!

On command Zorn began charging at the oncomming mercenaries. Crusade was considering persuing him but Spicule made it very clear that he was the bigger threat.

Spicule: Hey no one likes those who abuse animals.

Chapter End Notes:

I will hoestly admit that I am actually trying to get through this part as best as I can. I will understand if there is difficulty with following the plot because I am having a hard time myself trying to think about how to make this work. At one point I think I;ll ask a friend to give me a hand with editing this.