- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Finally back after awhile. I do apologies for my delay. The Christmas Rush was heavy this year. Please note that this chapter is incomplete and I plan on continuing it within the next few days. Normally I don't do this and just save the part of the work to a private file but I cannot do that at this time and I ain't throwing away the work itself.

 

In a makeshift clinic. Brian came to with a fuzzy head along with Zoey and Daniel. He rubbed his head where a bandage covered.

Brian: Man that guy got me good . . . Anyone still alive?

Zoey: Sure I guess. He hit you two alot harder.

Brian: You mean he didn't even hit you at all.

Zoey: Yeah, yeah I know. They want me alive for something. Still . . . I didn't think that Spicule would be Jamaal Zaxz.

Brian: How much do you know about him?

Zoey: I never met him in person until now. But he was serving under my dad during his military days. Other then that, I don't know.

Brian: Great . . . Ex-Military. Aren't most guys suppost to be ripped and huge?

Zoey: What movie gave you that idea? My dad is pretty skinny.

Brian: . . . Point taken.

Zoey: Well you're sort of a cop now so you should be able to access the criminal database.

Brian: Yeah the sort of part is a bit of a hurdle since I'm basically still on probaton. But you got me a face and a name now so we can at least run it by the chief.

Daniel: If we get out of here you mean.

Brian: . . .

Zoey: Wait . . . someones comming.

They could hear footsteps approaching the door. Two men entered the room. They recognized the first one immediatly being Spicule himself. Behind him was what appeared to be a Class E Dayon. He was hunched over with a wide back and had a second set of arms. He was wearing a crude lab coat while carrying what looked like some prosthetics.

Spicule: Hey Kids! It's time for school. Lets open the window and let some sun in.

For a moment there was an awkward pause.

Spicule: Oh right, I keep forgetting there's a over built fat city clogging up the air way. Oh well I tried.

Brian: What's wrong with you? Seriously, are you trying to make a point or are you just assing around?

Spicule: You know most Dayon would have eaten you by now. And I mean common I had you patched up and was even going to offer the shy kid over there some free medi-care from my friend here.

Daniel: Why are you offering prosthetics for someone like me?

Spicule: Who knows. A doctor told me that you weren't doing so good. But then again you got to be careful about who's a doctor and who's a quack.

Zoey: You're the one who put us in this situation in the first place!

Spicule: The kid was in bad shape long before I did anything. Pretty sure whatever doctor he was seeing prior was a quack. Faulty crutches, over priced meds, unnecessary hysderectomy and so on and so forth. Friggen quacks these days.

Brian: You going anywhere with this?

Spicule: Well Mr. Cop boy it's simple. I'm offering the shy boy over there some prosthetics to deal with his physical condition. I have a trusted doctor who can do the surgery quite well and for free who by the way is not a quack in the slightest.

Zoey: And who is that?

He then presented the man next to him.

Spicule: Oh this is Doctor Quack P.H.D

Quark: It's Quark, not Quack. Roman Quark. And Spicule is talking about the young mans arthritis.

Zoey: What?! You have arthritis?!

Daniel: I'll live.

Brian: That isn't exactly something you should be having there buddy.

Quark: Honestly I'm surprised that you're even walking.

Daniel: . . .

Zoey: Why didn't you say something?

Daniel didn't seem interested in speaking. The more they asked him the more closed off he started getting.

Spicule: So how about it kid? Quack over-

Quark: Quark . . .

Spicule: Tomato Tamato. Anyway Quack can hook you up with some of these prosthetics. A little surgery and BAM . . . You're walking like new.

Daniel: I decline.

Spicule took one of the prosthetics and approached Daniel.

Spicule: Kid, you really got to let people finish before you speak. Granted I interupt people all the time so that makes me a bad role model. But anyway back on topic. You sure you wanna pass on this offer? I mean these are premium. Hell most aristocrat hospitals don't get them this good. Omenyx really knows their products. Say Doctor can you kindly go check on the patient you got these from?

Zoey: Wait . . . Omenyx Prosthetics.

Zoey had an extremly worried look on her face.

Zoey: Where . . . did you get them from?

Spicule: Oh not to worry. She won't be needing them at all anymore. Hell they were probably getting in the Girls way at this point. Although you may want to give her a small hand for a bit-

Before he could finish his sentance. Zoey grabbed whatever object she could get and made an attempt on Spicules life. He ducked the attack and cuffed her to the bed.

Spicule: See doc, this is why I you don't let your subbordinates handle these kind of kids. Someone gets smug and then they die for nothing.

Brian and Daniel had the intention to retaliate. But they could read the situation. Make a wrong move and they will end up losing. Zoey was still struggling with the cuffs.

Zoey: You ripped them from Alice didn't you!!! Do you have any idea what you have done?!

Spicule: Like I said before. She's better off without em now. Ain't that right doc.

Quark: Well umm . . .

He turned to the doctor.

Spicule: Ok don't mae me look like an ass here. Yes or no?

Quark: I am certain as long as she has any similarities to Dayon Recovery. I'm confident that she will recover in a little time.

Zoey: Confident?! You mean you don't know for certain?!

Brian: Zoey you can stop. If the doc can't guaranty it then I can. I've seen her come back from a bullet wound before.

Daniel: . . . (The bullet wound you gave her)

Zoey: Alice . . . needed those to walk. She doesn't need to go through rehab all over again.

Quark: I can identify her condition from a biologist perspective and her body as it is has no need for these prosthetics. She may be shaky for a bit but I don't even expect her to take a whole day.

Spicule: Well there you go. Now then if sky guy over there has no need for them then  I think I'll just take them. Never know if anyone else down here will need the things.

Brian: Hey they still belong to her asshole.

Spicule: So she paid for them herself? A gift from mommy and daddy? Was some quack of a doctor trying some little experimental proceedure? Ok Mr Policeman I'll let her choose what to do with prosthetics that she doesn't even need anymore.

Daniel: What do you want from us?

Spicule: I'll get to that later. Honestly those prosthetics are more useful to you then anyone else in this room. But hey if you don't want em then I won't make you.

Zoey: So we're just your prisoners for the time being then.

Quark: I consider you patients right now. So aside from the young man, the rest of you should recover normally.

When it was clear that Zoey had calmed down a bit then Spicule removed the cuffs.

Spicule: Gotta hand it to you Zoey. You got your dads instint in you. But you got to be careful because it can be murder.

Zoey: . . . You said you helped him by removing the other two. Was it really for his benifit?

Spicule: I'd say he's doing alot better then he was than the rest of us. First to die was Bernard of course. Gotta keep it in order. Did he ever tell you about the riders of the apocalypse? Or how about which rider he was.?

Zoey: He never said anything about who was who in your squad. If the other two are dead . . . Pestilence and War . . . And you said you were going in order. So he what Famine?

Spicule: No. I'm Famine. We called him Death. I'll tell you why some day if I'm still alive.

Him and Quark left the trio to think for themselves. Leaving the two of them to discuss their next move.

Spicule: It amazing how interesting kids can get these days. So how are their compadabilities to an Ayous anyway doc?

Quark: I got to be honest. They look a little strange to me. The quiet one's frail body won't hold up for long if we tried to make him a Dayon, and if he turns Reaver instead then it won't hold onto such a host anyway. The bigger guy has a natural resistance to Ayous all together. It seems to be an adaptation and using his blood, I might be able to make a vaccine against Reavers. But honestly the girls the only one there who has the best odds for becoming a Dayon.

Spicule: Not a bad catch at all this time around. 3 out of 4 were treasures . Shame the last guy doesn't qualify but I think I can use him if I ever need to black mail anyone.

Quark: I have to say. You're tourture methodes are really confusing. Nore did I see the goal for it.

Spicule: Teenagers don't show their true colors in the open. You're a physitian not a psychiatrist.  I just needed to see how they react when you take them out of their comfort zone.

Quark: So the point was to do a psychological test on them? Seems like a really crude methode.

Spicule: You don't need a degree for everything doc. I offered free prosthetics to a guy who is in constant pain all the time and yet he turns down the option to releave himself of it. What do you make of that?

Quark: Well he doesn't trust us and who can blame him.

Spicule: Distrust which means he's been beaten around and backstabbed before. And he didn't seem to like the idea of being cut open. He was scared of the word surgery more then anything which tells me that he's been under the knife before.

Quark: I see.

Spicule: As for the big guy. Well I know his back story so it's easy to push his buttons. So that just leaves Soki's daughter. Gets really pissed when someone starts hurting her friend. Looks like a guilt complex to me. Speaking of her friend . . . What did you find?

Quark: Honestly I was surprised that there were prosthetics. Based on the appearance of her transformed state I was assuming she was a cyborg. But it's far deeper then that.

Spicule: So we ain't talking human with really good robot parts.

Quark: She has the funtions of biological and digital capabilities. But with the equipment I have. I cannot see where either distinguishes itself from the other. Even the cells act both mechanical and organic with no way to split the two. I need a stronger microscope in order to truly see how deep it can go.

Spicule: In other words it's out of your expertise.

Quark: How can anyone imagine such a thing?

Spicule: The thing about imagination doc. "How" comes AFTER the idea. Hell it doesn't even require a how or why.

________________________________________________________________________

Bianca: Wake up Alice . . . Big girls shouldn't sleep the day away. You never know when you'll miss the field trip.

When Bianca was the first person that Alice noticed she quickly distanced herself. Bianca did not get any closer to her. Alice remembered the last time she was face to face with a ghost. Out of suspicion she examined her body. And just like before she had changed. Alice had grown to be 6' 5" feet tall. Her thighs were begining to get thick. Her hips and chest had widened a little more to balance out her now F cup sized mammaries. Turning her attention back to Bianca, starring at her with judgmental eyes.

Bianca: Now now. Don't blame me for that one. You're little computer did warn you not to get yourself hurt too badly. Honestly you really should appreciate what it's doing for you more. I personally would deliberatly jump on spikes just to get little Nova there to add more. Of course it's not like you need to get stabbed all the time. A little wish and that wonderful little thing can build you up even more. If I had such a thing inside me.

Alice: Forget it. I won't be giving you Nova. Not that I can anyway.

Bianca: So greedy . . . You know it doesn't end here right. I mean the way you keep putting yourself in danger. And you don't even know what the little thing can do . . . I think you're starting to like growing. . . . Feel youself getting bigger and bigger. Maybe even to the point of knocking down sky scrapers.

Alice: I never said I wanted this.

Bianca: Maybe not before. But now it's different. Don't you feel like you have just been releaved of a crutch that once prevented you from doing these things?

Alice certainly felt something different from before. She felt her legs and arms and did not find the unnatural hardness that used to be in her limbs.

Bianca: I'd be very careful while you're down here on earth.

Alice: You mean Spicule? Kind of late at this point.

Bianca: He's a problem but there's something more frightening below the ground so you should stay as high as possible. Not everyone who dissapears off the streets ends up as Dayon.

Alice: It might make more sense if you tell me what you're concerned about instead of giving cryptic messages.

Bianca: I'll be fair to you. I don't know what's down there. I see a potential future. Beneath the ground something horrible can happen to you. Of course if you never go down there then that future will not happen.

Alice: Seriously who are you?

Quark: I'm Dr. Roman Quark. I have been treating you since Spicule brought you here.

She paused for a moment. Alice only looked away for a second and Bianca was already gone. Trying to avoid suspicion, she pretended like she was talking to the other guy in the room. But she couldn't get over the feeling that Bianca was still watching her.

Quark: So tell me . . . How are you feeling.

Alice: . . . I'd say the usual. What exactly did you do anyway?

Quark: Well you were hit with Spicule's attacks. I had to do a scan of your body to check for radiation poisoning. And of course I had to remove your old prosthetics. They were begining to become a burden on you.

Alice: So you just went and did surgery on me while I was out. You know I probably would be hurting you right now if I didn't think you were holding my friends hostage.

Quark: There are no rules down her. Spicule himself teaches all to do whatever you feel like. He also stated that you're free to wander about as long as you stay within the camp.

Alice: Then I guess that's all you got to say to me then? Did you ever think I had those for a reason?

Quark: I honestly couldn't tell that you ever needed them in the first place. And you certainly don't need them anymore. Did you want me to put them back?

Alice: I guess I don't.

Quark: Then we'll make due. There are some down here that don't like you and for good reason. You're friends are outside. You can find them on your own as long as you don't go too far off or they will meet you at the same spot. He's given you three hours before he's expecting you.

Alice: Fine . . .

Quark: Well then I will be on my way.

He left her to gather her thoughts.

Alice: Nova . . . Are you still functional?

Nova: . . .

Alice: Nova?

Nova: My systems will re-recover.

Alice: You still got that studder . . . Or I guess it's lag in your case.

Nova: It is mostly under control. My speaking functions are not on my priorities of repairs right n-now.

Alice: That Quark guy said he removed my prosthetics. Is that all he did?

Nova: Yes. I was aware of his intentions and observed during the operation. If he tried anything that would be verified as a violation then I would have taken manual control against him.

Alice: But him operating on my was not?

Nova: Obviously I was aware of your prosthetics the moment I was installed. Before I let them linger because my own modifications and repairs would have taken some time. Lately they were becoming a hinderance so I was already making preperations to remove them myself.

Alice: So why can't you do the same thing with my prosthetics? You can easily dismantle my waredrobe without any issues.

Nova: They were made of a dense titanium alloy. Soft and thin matter is easy to dismantle and re-assemble but a metal that has been tempered takes alot longer. Removing them from the internal o-organs and muscles that they are supporting can also be dangerous when you are still adjusting to my systems. I've already repaired the injuries.

Alice: And I'm guessing you had to use your forced recovery again . . .?

Nova: Protocal dictated action. But because you were not in a critical condtition. I was able to use it sparringly.

Alice: . . . I guess Bianca was right about one thing. I'm getting to used to growing.

Nova: Bianca?

Alice: I can get that everyone else can't see her because I think she's in my head but I still don't understand how you cannot see her.

Nova: . . . I will make no excuses. I have looked through your recent memories and cannot verify anyone by the name of Bianca.

Alice: What about Crypter?

Nova: I can identify the individule by her Dayon genes but I cannot verify the human elements.

Alice: That doesn't make any sense. Go back further in my memories and see if you can identify her.

Nova: . . . I cannot identify this individule. There are pictures where I believe this person is suppost to be but when I try to verify, there is nothing or no one.

Alice: Bianca . . . just what are you?

Chapter End Notes:

I apologies for those who only could read a segment of this. And I may add more later or I will make a new chapter. Internet was going down when I was writing this so it will come off as choppy.