- Text Size +

Kate looked around the passenger lounge and marveled at the whole setup. The place looked just like a large party scene, and everything was top of the line, even if some of the other passengers milling around were in full fanny-pack and T-shirt tourist mode. Even the drinks weren't watered down like they usually were for an airport. 

"How come we're getting treated so first class when the tickets were so cheap?" she asked between sips of her martini. "I've probably had enough to drink to pay for a fourth of the trip." 

"You've got to think scale, honey. The amount of alcohol you've consumed probably isn't even enough to fill a fourth of one of those little travel bottles. They treat everyone like first class. Wait till you see our seats on the plane!" 

Almost on cue, a huge rumbling was felt all around. Everything stopped for a moment, and then several hundred went towards the huge windows looking out onto the runway. Cameron pulled Kate to one of the windows. "You've got to see this!" 

Even though she was a few rows of people back, she could stand on her tiptoes and clearly see through the window, which was something she wasn't normally used to. She liked being average height. 

The thought of being average height lasted for just a moment however, as a humongous ship passed by the lounge windows. It was as big as a cruise ship. Maybe even bigger. Hundreds of little windows dotted across the sides. 

"Whoa..." was all she could manage to whisper. Cameron chuckled to himself at how child-like her wonder sounded with her shrunken vocal cords. 

"Told ya you didn't want to miss this." He turned and kissed her, mentally noting how he didn't need to bend at all. 

"This is going to be the best vacation ever!" she said pulling away after a moment to stare open-mouthed as the aircraft (could it even be considered sky worthy at that scale? Could something that seemed to be the size of an oil tanker fly???) docked. 

"And then we get to Hawaii." Cam joked, putting his arm around her waist. 

She put her arm around his waist and then reached into his shorts pocket. 

"Hey!" he said while swatting her hand away. "You can wait a few more hours can't you?" 

"Funny." she reached again. "I just wanted to take another look at our luggage." 

She pulled out a keychain from his pocket, and dangling on it were several miniature suitcases, two bicycles, and a backpack. "So if we're only a foot tall, then these are..." 

"Now really, really small." he finished for her. 

She took her fingernail tips and carefully unzipped the teeny-tiny zipper on the backpack and reached inside, pulling out a very small white rectangle with a white string attached. "I've found your iPod." 

"Be careful with that! You'll drop it and break it!" 

She put it back into the backpack and zipped it back up. "Well, you always did wish you'd bought that iPod Mini instead." 

"Funny. iPod Mini. I get it." he flirted. 

"Maybe I should have just packed you into a suitcase? Then you could have been my carry-on." she joked back. 

"I wonder if anyone has ever tried that? Could save $100 bucks that way." 

"And you could've listened to your precious iPod." she smiled. 

A very large and wide door to the side of the windows opened up with a loud mechanical whine. An elderly gentleman in a uniform that looked to be a very classy composite of an old timey train conductor crossed with a modern airline pilot came out, looked at his pocket watch, and announced: 

"Dimension Airlines Flight 815 with service to Honolulu and Sydney! ALL ABOARD!!!"