- Text Size +
Story Notes:

The first few chapters will be more of the typical from me, but then likely move on to other genres I don't explore as much.  Enjoy.

“Run!”  Jake screamed to his brother and sister, as they felt the tremble of Joanna’s footsteps, as far as the other room.  Surviving this new world of theirs was becoming anything but easy, and they were ready for some reprieve.  And that reprieve would come, if they could just make it until their mother went to work.  Unfortunately, Joanna, the children’s mother, was just now waking up.  The first priority of her morning was being sure that coffee was brewing while she showered.

“Run where?  We don’t even know where the hell we are!”  Allison screamed back at her twin brother, as they both, along with their youngest sibling Danny, looked for somewhere, anywhere that could provide some sort of shelter until they could find a better plan. 

“Ali, this is not the time to argue, and standing here is no better than running pointlessly, so we might as well run and hope for the best, right?”  Jake sneered back at his blonde sister, as he took Danny’s hand and began a light jog, motioning for Allison to follow.  She did, with a frustrated sigh, pushing one of the fluffy rug-fibers that made up the forest they travelled through out of the way.  Another tremble, this one heavier, followed by another, and another, told the group that they were not progressing far enough, quickly enough. 

Joanna Sadler, however, was anything but concerned about where she was walking, and more focused on if she would have time to stop by the gas station to pick up some chips to go with her lunch later that evening.  A half hour lunch was not nearly long enough, and having to walk across the street from the office to gather the rest of her meal before eating it would only shrink her time down to less than 15 to inhale the salad, chips, and drink.  Yawning, she returned from the kitchen, and headed for the bathroom, ready to shower.

“Oh shit, it’s too late!”  Allison called out to Jake, as another heavy tremor caused them all to nearly stumble. 

“Stop swearing in front of Danny!”  Jake barked back, helping their youngest sibling to his feet.
“Jake, I’m not 7, I’m gonna be 13 next week, stop acting like I’m a little kid all the time…”  Danny spoke, shoving Jake away and standing on his own.
“Danny, we’re all…” Jake started to retort before Allison cut him off.
“Don’t!  I swear, if you make one more joke about us being shrunken, you’re dead!”  Allison trudged ahead of the group, frustrated, tired, and hungry. 
“I’m just trying to lighten the mood…”  Jake offered in reply, taking a step or two forward, trying to take Allison’s hand apologetically.  Allison turned around sharply, ready to light Jake’s ears on fire with her words, but she didn’t get the opportunity, as her eyes darted upward, watching the door, or what they could see of the door slowly open. 

“Jake…”  She managed to speak, her mouth falling ajar in fear.  Jake didn’t want to turn around though, he knew what he was going to see, it was the same thing he saw a few hours before Joanna had gone to bed the night before.  He turned around anyway though, and though his heart skipped a beat in fear, he was not surprised.

The trio of teenagers, that is, if you count Danny, could hardly see even as high as their Joanna’s knees, even if they weren’t obscured by the tree-line of rug fibers.  She wore only a light blue satin robe they hung as low as her ankles, which were about as far as their jungle would allow them to see. 

“She’s gonna step on us!”  Danny screamed, being the first to turn tail and run, as the watch their mother taking her initial step into the bathroom.  Soon after, Jake and Allison would follow behind Danny, quickly catching up and grabbing his arms, pulling the pre-teen along with them as quickly as possible.  They heard the floor boards under the rug and beneath the linoleum groan loudly, shifting to support Joanna’s weight, as she set her first foot down, covering the space between the bathroom entryway and the sink under which the fluffy rug was laying.  The result of which was the heaviest tremor the children had yet experienced, and they all went tumbling to the floor.  It was only a single foot step from their mother, and yet it had sent them sprawling to the floor like dominos.

“We’re never going to make it, we’re fucking screwed!”  Allison, obviously the pessimist of the group, was also the first to begin to cry, her normally strong personality and fierce nature broken at the prospect of being stepped on by their unwitting mother. 

“Don’t say that shit, we’re going to make it out of this alive!”  Jake had recanted on his refrain from swearing in front of his little brother, mostly out of fear and desperation.  For a moment, he saw Allison in her weakest state, sobbing heavily as she curled up into near fetal position, and Danny, wide and in shock-staring at his broken sister, who he tended to look up to more than Jake, the oldest sibling of the group.  “We can do this, we just have to…”  Jake was about to launch into a motivational speech, when he heard those floorboards groan once again, as Joanna had shifted the weight from her right foot, to her left foot, the one she had stepped with first, freeing the right to swing casually forward to move the giantess across the threshold of her bathroom completely. 

“This is it…Mom’s gonna step on us…” thought Jake, feeling defeated for failing in his duty to protect his brother and sister in the absence of their dead-beat father.  He felt a small draft, the displacement of air from Joana’s bare foot swinging forward.  Seemingly in slow motion and all in sync, the three children looked skyward.

They saw now sky though, foremost because they were inside, but mostly because their sky was eclipsed by a tan wall of wrinkled flesh, easily a mile long.  When she finished setting her foot down, her toes would easily land out of sight, as would her heel, leaving the children very little options of where they would end up.  The sole of Joanna’s foot was easily the largest, most intimidating thing they had encountered since being shrunken, and it only got more intimidating.  It was almost dead silent; the only sound being that of Allison’s silent moaning, which was quickly outdone by a shrill scream from Danny.

“Mom, don’t step on us!”  Jake screamed, less because he thought it would work, but more out of desperation and helplessness.  He would die here without having at least attempted to get their mother’s attention, before they ended up underfoot.  Though only a split second had passed, Jake had noted the increase in temperature from the warm, heavy structure that supported Joana’s weight.  In addition, he had noticed the natural smell of her flesh, tainted by the scent of the remnants of lotion the brunette, single mother had used the day before.   A last note Jake had made, was how the sole of his mother’s foot was lightly adorned with miniscule pieces of dirt, easily bigger than him, yet undetected by their goddess of a parent.  He shuddered at the thought that boulders as big as those went unnoticed underfoot of the giant woman, and he was smaller than even those. 

Time seemed to renew itself and Jake couldn’t bring himself to close his eyes, not yet.  He did however beg to try to shield his head with his arms, as the other two had done, the shadow of the massive foot growing larger and darker as it descended.  Everything Jake had experienced began to amplify, until he could no longer see anything but the oceanic sole and arch of Joanna’s soft, warm foot.  Finally his eyes closed, as the winds kicked up heavily, nearly blowing the children away. 

The resulting thud of Joana’s heel landing was not as loud as anticipated.  However, as they watched the heel land, they couldn’t help but wonder why it seemed as though she wasn’t stepping as quickly as normal.  There was no time for deliberation, as the rest of the foot began to stretch and contour, while the toes, seemingly thousands of feet away, stretched a bit, and the rest of the foot fell, trapping the poor children under it.

Joanna loved the rug she’d bought recently.  It was one of the softest things she’d ever set foot on, and had intentionally slowed her step, placing her heel on the rug first, before gently allowing the rest of her foot to settled into its plushy goodness.  Once the foot was settled in the rug, she grinned and splayed her unpainted toes, wiggling them gently in the fur, before sighing contentedly, looking down at them.  Maybe she’d paint her toes today, after work. 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Rate and Review for faster chapters!