- Text Size +
When Stephanie woke up the next morning, everyone else was awake already; there was a large bowl of oatmeal and an oversized spoon nearby.
“Mornin’ figured you would’ve been hungry for not eating for about 3 days” Phoenix said upon her entering the room.
“Thanks.” Stephanie said.
After a while, Xinal noticed Stephanie wasn’t eating too much.
“Something bothering you?” Xinal asked.
“No, it’s just I’m not really hungry, that’s all.” Stephanie said.
“What? It’s been 3 days I’ve been with you and you haven’t eaten a thing!” Phoenix said a little concerned.
“Actually, ever since this growing incident I’ve noticed I’m not getting hungry now.”
“WHAAAT!?” Xinal exclaimed. It was obvious to everyone he was either mad or annoyed.
“Um… was what I just said important Xinal?” Stephanie asked.
“YOU BET IT WAS!” Xinal said.
“How was her appetite important at all?” Wendy asked a little curious herself.
“When we ran those tests, I’ve noticed her metabolic system acting strangely.” Xinal said.
“Does this mean I’m going to be fat?!” Stephanie said.
“Um…. It’s possible” Xinal said.
“Professor, that’s one of the questions your always supposed to say “No” to” Phoenix said.
“I’m finished, it’s hopeless” Stephanie said thinking aloud.
“You’re not finished.” Phoenix said.
“Really?”
“Not yet at least.” Phoenix concluded.
“Xinal, what about Stephanie’s metabolic system is strange?” Wendy asked trying to get back on topic.
“Well, it’s basically un-readable…” Xinal said.
“Unreadable? How so?”
“Her metabolic system seems almost detached from her body, almost as if she doesn’t need it.”
“Really?” Stephanie asked.
“There’s also some kind of foreign energy source in her body, but I’ve yet to identify it.”
Phoenix left the room afterwards; he left the bandage on his left hand getting loose so he was going to tighten it when he noticed something.
‘’Huh? What’s this?”
He unwrapped it to see the bottom and top portions of the symbol glow, the top one with yellow, the bottom one with blue.
“Wait, it wasn’t…. Wendy was it?”
He knew there wasn’t any more time to waste though, he Re-Wrapped his left hand and went back.
When he went back into the room he noticed that Stephanie and Wendy were gone again.
“Where’d they go Xinal?” Phoenix asked.
“Off to chat again, I think Wendy’s found a friend.”
“I see.”
Over at where Stephanie and Wendy were.
“Do you know about me and Phoenix?” Wendy asked?
“What do you mean by that?”
“I’ll take that as a “No” then.”
Stephanie remained silent as Wendy told her how they were blood related, and that she was a telepath which is how she remembers it all.
“Interesting.” Stephanie said when she had finished.
“But when I heard your voice last night, something familiar came to me, it was almost as if I knew you.”
“Familiar..? How so?”
“That’s what confuses me. I don’t remember.”
“Huh…”
“Stephanie!” Phoenix called out from another room.
“Coming!” Stephanie got up and left.
“Well by scientific means, this is all impossible…” Stephanie heard Xinal say when he was within earshot.
“I see, so then what should we do…?” Phoenix replied.
“Oh, hello Stephanie, just telling Phoenix a possible cure.” Xinal said to her.
“I see.”
“Anyway, like I was saying, I can only see this happening by magical means.”
“Magical methods huh…?” Phoenix replied.
“Exactly, I’d recommend asking the Elvish city north from here.”
“Alright.”
“Oh, and in case of a detour, there’s the Angelic city to the East.”
“Ok got it.” Phoenix said before turning to Stephanie.
“Ready to go?”
“Yeah… Sure.”
At that they both left Xinal’s lab.
They decided to go to the Elvish city first, it was closer than the Angelic city.
“Right… at our walking pace, we should be at fall city in about… 15 minutes”
“Okay then.”
Stephanie and Phoenix walked a little bit, it was about 3 minutes, when Phoenix suddenly stopped.
“What is it?”
“Be quiet for a second…”
There was a silence for about 5 seconds, you could hear Phoenix muttering under his breath.
“Oh no… oh hell no…..”
“What’s wrong.”
“Damnit!”
Phoenix quickly started running towards the East.
“Wait…! Why are you running?!” Stephanie quickly tried to catch up to him.
“Run and don’t look back!” Phoenix said.
Stephanie wasn’t exactly the fastest runner, but her stride grew with her size so she was able to keep up with Phoenix.
After about 5 minutes of running Stephanie thought she heard something, she looked behind her and saw a S.W.A.T. helicopter chasing after them.
They continued running. Stephanie was running as fast as she could but didn’t seem to get tired at all. Phoenix on the other hand was running as fast as he could and even though he didn’t show it, he was getting exhausted, but kept running.
After a while more helicopters and some tanks came up.
Phoenix was almost out of energy; he tripped while running and fell over.
Stephanie managed to scoop him up and put him into her oversized pocket as she ran.
She continued running, she still wasn’t getting exhausted either.
“They’re almost here…” She thought to herself in panic.
She looked and found the Angelic city up ahead.
“It’s Hasa city!” She hurried on; next to the gate was a nearby Church.
“Sanctuary please!” She cried out upon getting there. The nearby people weren’t intimidated by her size and let her in.
After things had calmed down a while she talked to the people who let her in.
“Thanks for letting us come here…” Stephanie said.
“It’s no problem.”One of them said.
“My name is Stephanie.” She said introducing herself.
“Hello, my name is Sarah.” Said one of the Angels in front of her; She had Green hair and green eyes; she was about 5’ 9”.
“My name is Mark. Pleased to meet you.” The other angel said; he had Black hair and Blue eyes, he was about the same size as Sarah.
“So what brings you here?” Sarah asked.
“Well I’m kinda in a predicament, if the S.W.A.T. team wasn’t big enough of a problem already…” Stephanie said.
“I see, and I’m pretty sure what this problem is…”
“Yeah, my size…” Stephanie said.
“Well, I’ll see what I can do to help.” Mark said as he walked off.
“Um… Stephanie?” Sarah began.
“What’s up?”
“Who’s that hanging out of your pocket?”
Stephanie had completely forgotten about Phoenix, she reached into her pocket to fish him out.
“This was a friend of mine who was accompanying me here; he must’ve passed out because he collapsed while running.” Stephanie said.
She pulled him out of her pocket but looked at him and he had changed completely.
His hair and eyes were White, he had fox ears and a fox tail, he also seemed a bit shorter than usual and he had wings too.
“This isn’t how he usually looks like.”
“Nngh…” Phoenix woke up.
He noticed he was on a flat surface; he looked down and noticed it was Stephanie’s hand.
“Uh…” He let out not knowing what to say.
“What is this Phoenix?” Stephanie asked.
Phoenix Sighed. “Nothing you need to worry about.” He then changed back to his “normal” self.
He introduced himself to Sarah.
“So… is there any possible chance we can get help for Stephanie?” Phoenix asked.
“We’re looking for help right now.” Sarah said.
“Do you mind if we look around a bit?” Phoenix asked.
“Sure, go on ahead.” Sarah said back.
Phoenix was going to walk off but Stephanie grabbed the back of his shirt.
“Not so fast.” She said.
Phoenix sighed “What is it?”
“The ears, wings and tail earlier.”
“Come’n, it’s nothing.”
“Tell me, please”
There was silence until Phoenix finally said.
“Alright, Alright, I’ll explain.” Then he mumbled under his breath. “As if I had a choice anyway…”
“What was that?”
“I said “Let’s get this underway.”” Phoenix responded.