- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

You may have noticed the Chapter said "Side story" rather than Chapter 5.

This means this chapter is a flashback, and reading it is not compleatly necessary.

These side stories my take place at the same time, or before the current storyline, but reading them isn't compleatly necessary either way.

Back, around 11 years ago, Phoenix was 5, he was out trying to do something For Xinal, when he came to an empty alleyway.

“Help…..”

“Huh…?” Phoenix stopped running, he heard someone’s thoughts but he wasn’t sure whose it was.

“Someone… Where am I…? Help… My parents… they’re gone…”

“This person… Why do I feel I know them?”

“Anyone… help… Can nobody hear me…?”

“I’m coming!” Phoenix yelled out, he recognized this voice from somewhere; he had to know where though.

He ran into the alleyway, he saw a basket, there was Wendy in it, and she was only 3 years old at this point.

Phoenix saw her, and then he remembered.

His family, before he left, his mother was pregnant with quadruplets, they couldn’t talk of course, but Phoenix could hear their minds. He was 3 at the time before he left, he had a memory of the time when he was young.

“Who… Who is there? ” Wendy’s thoughts rang out in Phoenix’s head.

“You’re safe now, I know who you are.” Phoenix responded.

And with that, he picked up the basket and brought Wendy back to Xinal.

Back at Xinal’s Laboratory.

“Xinal!” Phoenix cried running in.

“What is it Phoenix?”

“It’s, my younger sister… look…”

“Hmm…? You’re related to her?”

“Well, I think I am, her  voice sounded, familiar…”

“A furry. I see.” Xinal said, obviously not paying attention to what Phoenix just said.

“Xinal…”

“You’re a human, not a furry Phoenix. I don’t see how this person can be related to you.”

“But Xinal! We can’t just leave her alone!”

“No we can’t.”

“Huh…?”

“Related or not, She can stay here.”

“Thank you…”

Xinal left the room and all Phoenix could do was think.

“Was I mistaken?”

“I was sure I knew her from somewhere.”

“Phoenix…?”

“Huh?” Phoenix turned and noticed Wendy was sitting up.

“Phoenix…? Can you hear me…?”

“Yeah…” Phoenix wasn’t quite sure what happened… but I seemed as though they were communicating telepathically.

“What happened, to mom…?”

“I… I don’t know…”

“What’s going to happen now?” Wendy’s face was filled with fear, Phoenix wasn’t sure what to say.

“It will all be alright.”

“That old man doesn’t believe that we’re related does he…?”

“No….. Wait, how did you know we’re related?”

“I remembered your voice; I knew you were someone I could trust…”

“But, you weren’t born then.”

“But I’m not physically speaking now am I?”

“Of course… She’s a telepath” Phoenix thought that would explain this conversation and how she remembers me.

After this point, they both lived with Xinal, they bothe knew they were related, but they didn’t bother trying to tell Xinal.

The thought of how it is possible that they were related never crossed their minds…

Phoenix was thinking of these events when he woke up the next morning. He greeted Wendy with a telepathic “Hello” and she’d do the same. It was another typical morning, aside from the fact there was a 19 foot sleeping girl in the general area.