- Text Size +

The next day, when both Stephanie and Phoenix woke up, they started to head out for the person who could help Stephanie. There wasn’t really much to do on the way there, so they just talked.

“So, how did you take out the S.W.A.T. team really?”

“Well…..”

*Flash back*

“Alright get ready to tie it up!” The Team member said until he felt his shoulder being tapped on.

“’Sup?”  Phoenix asked casually.

*Flashback end*

“And then they all chased me until they fell into a lake.”

“…”

“They didn’t expect me to walk on water.”

“I… see…”

“We’re here.”

Stephanie looked forward and saw a small building, even at her size. It looked just like a regular house.

“I’ll go let him know you’re here, and then maybe he can help you.”

Not too much later, an old man walked out, he was basically like any generic old guy, arched back, gray hair wherever he wasn’t bald.

“Hmm… I thought you said a “Little” Problem.” The old man said.

“I’d expect you to recognize sarcasm by now…” Phoenix only replied.

“Um… hello.” ‘Stephanie sheepishly said.

“Hello.” The old man replied.

Phoenix obviously knowing that the way this conversation was going, introductions would never be made.

“Professor, this is Stephanie, I was wondering if you might know anything about the condition she’s in.” Phoenix said.

“I’m afraid I don’t know anything off hand, but I’ll see what I can find.”

He walked back to his work area, before he turned around and said.

“Oh, you can just call me Xinal by the way.”

Then he walked in.

“His real name is Xinal?” Stephanie asked Phoenix.

“Well, no, he says it reminds him of someone very important to him though…”

“I see.”

45 minutes later, he returned.

“Well, I don’t have any such things recorded, but if I can perform some tests, perhaps I could get somewhere. Please, Stephanie follow me inside.” Xinal said when he walked out.

“Um, this buildings kinda small compared to my size…”

“HOH HOH HOH HOH!” The professor laughed out, “Don’t you worry, this baby’s prepared for ANYTHING.”

He pushed a button on a remote and the building started expanding to mach scale for Stephanie.

“Wow…”

“Please come inside now.”

He said as he walked in.

Phoenix walked in and Stephanie did too.

The Laboratory, was massive compared from the outside, there were a bunch of data disks and files everywhere. Everything was in scale to her size with the exception o a computer, the files and CDs and a couple of chairs.

“Stephanie, if you mind coming with me…” Xinal said.

Stephanie went with him, and Phoenix sat down on a chair.

“I wonder…” He unwrapped his bandage on his left hand. Underneath it, there was a symbol, it was a circle divided into 4 segments with an “X”, one of them on the top of the circle began to glow a bit, with yellow.

“I knew it, it’s her…”

He wrapped up his bandage again and kept what he saw to himself.

“The new world order is coming…”

He remembered the reason behind that symbol, he told Xinal about it, but he didn’t believe it, it was a dream he had once.

He had multiple dreams at night, but one night was unique, a night he had only 1 dream, he still remembered it perfectly. 4 girls, a new world order, he saw it all that night.

The following morning when he woke up, the symbol was on his left hand, but after telling Xinal about it, he kept it hidden from view with a bandage.

Trapped in his thoughts, the testing period went by; when it was finished they both came back.

“So how is it?” Phoenix asked.

“It certainly is unique, there seems to be something inside of her, but I can’t say what it is yet.”

“I see…”

“Xinal.” A voice unknown to Stephanie called out.

Stephanie turned to where she heard the voice. She saw a fox furry with a shade of blue in her otherwise white fur.

“What is it Wendy?” Xinal asked.

“I have the files you asked for.” Wendy simply replied.

“Oh thank you.”

Wendy looked ant Stephanie, it seemed as though she knew something about her condition.

“Well, we might want to get going…” Phoenix said standing up.

“Wait.” Stephanie and Wendy both said in unison.

“What is it?” Phoenix and Xinal Replied conveniently in unison as well.

Stephanie stayed silent to let Wendy speak first.

“I was wondering if I could talk to Stephanie for a bit.” Wendy asked Phoenix.

“Well, what is your opinion?” Phoenix asked Stephanie.

“Its fine, I was going to ask the same thing actually.” Stephanie replied.

Xinal and Phoenix looked at each other, nodded, then left the room.

Over at where Phoenix and Xinal were.

“What does Wendy want to do? Run some tests of her own?”

“I’m not sure, she’s only my assistant, she’s never taken an interest in testing herself.”

“Maybe you’re contagious?”

“You’ve been around longer than she has, do you have any need to test anything?”

“Point taken, She probably doesn’t get to talk too much with girls her age anymore.”

Over at where Wendy and Stephanie were.

“What did you want to talk about?” Stephanie asked.

“Can you show me your left hand?”

“Huh? Okay…”

She let her hand out and Wendy looked at it.

“I knew it.”

“What? What is it?”

“Did you have the dream?”

“Huh? Dream? What?”

Wendy explained the dream she was referring to. 4 girls and new world order coming.

Stephanie thought it over before finally saying, “Now that you mention it, I did, when I was 10 years old.”

“I had the same dream too.”

“You did? But how did you know I had it too…?”

“Look at your left hand.”

Stephanie looked at it and saw an interesting shape; it looked like 90 degrees of a circle with the point down. The inside of it was glowing yellowish.

“Woah…” Stephanie said in awe.

Wendy let out her left hand, her symbol was similar to Stephanie’s, except it was upside down in comparison, and was glowing Blue instead of Yellow.

“What do you think this means?” Stephanie asked.

“I have no clue, but it might be somehow related with your height.” Wendy replied.

“Should well tell anyone?”

“No, let’s keep it secret, between us okay?”

“Alright.”

Stephanie got up and left, she met up with Phoenix over where he was.

“You two should spend the night here. It’s nearly dark.” Xinal said.

“Alright.” Phoenix said as he leaned against the wall, he had an awkward sleeping position, he leaned with his back to the wall and slept that way.

“Phoenix…” Stephanie said.

“Hmm?”

“About Wendy…”

“You haven’t stayed too far from home have you?”

Stephanie just shook her head.

“Well, Wendy is a furry.”

“A… Furry? What’s that?”

“Basically, a cross between a human being and an animal.”

“I see…”

“There’s 4 humanoid races in our world. There’s Humans, Furrys, Elves, and Angels.”

“I had no Idea…”

“Yeah.”

“So there’s other like Wendy?”

“Yeah, but she was abandoned as a kit. I found her one day, took her here and she’s been living here ever since.”

“Huh…” Stephanie said understanding Wendy’s story.

“Wait, She was abandoned? That wouldn’t have anything to do with…” Her thoughts were interrupted when she realized that Phoenix was right there.

“I was hoping you wouldn’t notice…” Phoenix said almost disappointed.

“It’s not nice to read other people’s minds you know…” Stephanie said.

“Heh heh heh… Oh well, guess I can’t win them all.” And with that, he turned to the wall again and drifted to sleep.

Stephanie later fell asleep as well.

Chapter End Notes:

I'm satisfied with this chapter.

Normally for the first 3 chapters, i was looking for any kind of filler i could find to get the chapter minimum. but with this chapter, i didn't need to use aany filler, it's already big enough to be 2 chapters on it's own.

Yes, anyway... EPIC PLOT TWIST. (Dunn dunnnn DUUUNNNNNNNN)

I hope you will enjoy this story, and like i said before, any reviews, complemantary or critisisive, are helpful.