- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This chapter kinda annoyed me, I re-wrote it multiple times so it would sound right, but i'm stisfied with the final result of chapter 3. Enjoy it.

When Stephanie awoke, she was surprised to find herself in the exact same place; furthermore, the S.W.A.T. team was no-where to be seen.

“That was weird…”

“You okay…?”

Stephanie turned to see someone right beside her; he had Brown hair that went to his neck, and brown eyes, his left hand was bandaged.

“Uhh…. Yeah.”

“Good.”

There was a silence for a while, until Stephanie finally asked.

“Um… Who are you?”

“My name is Phoenix.”

“Oh.”

The silence lasted longer.

“So what’s your name?” Phoenix asked?

“Stephanie.”

“I see.”

“Um, you’re not scared of me…?” Stephanie asked, she thought that maybe if he didn’t fear her, maybe she wouldn’t be alone.

“Should I be? It wasn’t your intentions of growing to this size anyway, so I don’t think you’d hurt anyone.”

“How did he know…?” Stephanie thought to herself.

“I have my ways of knowing.”

Stephanie was in shock at this. “DID YOU JUST READ MY MIND OR SOMETHING?!”

“Yep.”

Stephanie was just silent at this.

“Do you know what happened?” Phoenix asked Stephanie.

“No, I blacked out.”

“I’ll explain.”

And at that, Phoenix told her what happened when she blacked out, he said that he had a bad feeling about something, and decided to go out to find what it was, then he found Stephanie, where one look at her told him everything, he then Claimed to have taken out the S.W.A.T. team and waited for her to wake up.

Stephanie was silent.

“Or to put it in a different way, I’m a psychic ho knew you were in trouble.”

Phoenix concluded.

“You’re psychic…?”

“Yeah, I was born that way. My friends think that I could do nearly anything really.”

“What do you mean by that?”

At this Phoenix held his hand out, and a small ball of light formed in his palm.

“Whoa…” Was all Stephanie could say at the moment.

When she looked up she saw Phoenix walking away.

“Wait!” She cried out.

Phoenix stopped walking, without turning, he said “You feel lonely, don’t you? You’re afraid you’ll never be able to talk to anyone again in your life, right?”

Stephanie nodded, regardless that Phoenix’s back was turned to her, he seemed to know anyway.

“Alright then, I’ll stay with you then.” Phoenix concluded.

Before he could turnaround, he was being hugged by Stephanie.

 “Thank you.” Was what she said.

After holding him for about 4 minutes, she noticed he was trying to get her attention.

She stood up and looked at him, she was suffocating him.

Without thinking she just dropped him to let him breathe. Phoenix landed head-first but didn’t seem to hurt about it. When Stephanie realized what she had just done she started to apologize.

“I-I-I’m sorry, I d- Didn’t mean to… Do that…” She stuttered out.

“I’m fine; I’m kind of used to this”

“Dare I even ask?” Stephanie thought to herself, “How he could be used to being dropped by a person over 18 feet tall?”

“Long story” He said, ignoring the fact that she never said it aloud.

Stephanie didn’t respond to this, but instead, continued thinking.

“I’m a monster…. I almost killed him… and he even saved me, decided to stay with me, and I almost-”

“You’re not a monster.” Phoenix said.

“How can you say that? I have to accept the fact that this is now who I am, there’s nothing I can do to-” She cut herself off.

“Actually ….”

“What?” Phoenix asked.

“You said you could do anything right? Then could you try to…” She trailed of to see Phoenix huddling himself on the ground.

“No…. Don’t talk of that……” Phoenix softly let out.

“Huh…?” Stephanie was curious, what exactly does Phoenix want her not to talk about? Whatever it is, it’s quite obvious that the possibility of becoming normal by having Phoenix do it, isn’t an option.

She wanted to ask so Many questions, but knew he didn’t want to talk about it.

“Stephanie… I think I know someone who can help.”

“Who?”

“I’ve been trying to find the truth about myself, a professor is helping me out, he might be able to help you out too.”

“Do you think he will?”

“I’m sure he will be glad to help.”

“Can you take me to him?”

“We can go tomorrow, that way we won’t have to spend the night out in the open, he lives quite far away.”

“Alright”

Stephanie carried Phoenix back to her home, the next morning, they would go off, to find the person who might be able to help her.

Chapter End Notes:

Ugh... This chapter was a *CENSORED*. But know that I have Phoenix introduced as a character, things should run smoothly now.